Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a long way to go to match Harry - got us into the CL for the first time and created one of the most entertaining Tottenham teams of my lifetime. Modric. Bale, van der Vaart. Certainly wouldn't have lied down like we did in the first half today.
Redknapp played Woolwich 4 times at home in the league 2 wins, 2 draws. All great games. Seems odd he is being used as a bad yardstick. If we were currently as attacking and entertaining as his side not sure we'd be moaning.

Redknapp played Woolwich 4 times at home in the league 2 wins, 2 draws. All great games. Seems odd he is being used as a bad yardstick. If we were currently as attacking and entertaining as his side not sure we'd be moaning.
Redknapp is underrated by our own fanbase. Maybe it was his twerking for the England job, general demeanour, perception as an 'old school' coach, I don't know. Certainly I think a Redknapp-led team would have had more about them than what we saw today. Seem to recall a 3-2 comeback win at the Emirates too. His side was entertaining and a bit too leaky at the back but levels above what we've seen recently.

No excuse, not good enough and as far as I'm concerned Sean Dyche can take over tomorrow. I don't give a fuck about any progress we make or style or 'who we want to be' or any of that bollocks if it involves going down 0:3 in a north London derby. As for the players: don't you fucking dare showing up now for City game out of the blue now or I'll think they're just trolling us.

We lost 5-2 under redknapp against Woolwich , 2 nill up and then collapsed and conceded 5 goals .
We had a 10 point lead over Woolwich and they over turned it. He won 4 games out of 13 which led to his sacking.

First pining over Conte, then mourhino, now redknapp lol.
I'm waiting for the Nuno wasn't so bad posts this week :king:

Last edited:
We lost 5-2 under redknapp against Woolwich , 2 nill up and then collapsed and considered 5 goals .
We had a 10 point lead over Woolwich and they over turned it. He won 4 games out of 13 which led to his sacking.

First pining over Conte, then mourhino, now redknapp lol.
I'm waiting for the Nuno wasn't so bad posts this week :king:
Redknapp league finishes in full seasons: 4th, 5th, 4th.

Bringing in the other managers, who no one wants back, is just fatuous and undercuts any point you are trying to make.

Supported Spurs since the mid ‘90s. Poch was the best, then Redknapp. Ange is on a Jol level atm - I like him but room for improvement.

Story of the season - summary of ange ball

More passes ..more useless possession
Woolwich/Arteta : " we will let you have all the possession in your horse-shoe passing routine & we are going to hit you on the counter. we know you will just pass left to right & right to left etc etc and then float a high cross in from the right to Raya....."
6 corners --2 goals

the-sun-22-23-match-stats-a59d5091-5d1a-496b-a68d-6f53da4561d5.png

Story of the season - summary of ange ball

More passes ..more useless possession
Woolwich/Arteta : " we will let you have all the possession in your horse-shoe passing routine & we are going to hit you on the counter. we know you will just pass left to right & right to left etc etc and then float a high cross in from the right to Raya....."
6 corners --2 goals

the-sun-22-23-match-stats-a59d5091-5d1a-496b-a68d-6f53da4561d5.png

Ange ball has hit a wall because the personel (namely our forwards) isn't good enough, that much is clear.

Got a long way to go to match Harry - got us into the CL for the first time and created one of the most entertaining Tottenham teams of my lifetime. Modric. Bale, van der Vaart. Certainly wouldn't have lied down like we did in the first half today.
Inter Milan say ‘Hi’ 👋

I loved ‘arry, but let’s not rewrite history.

Ange ball has hit a wall because the personel (namely our forwards) isn't good enough, that much is clear.
if personnel is consistently not up to the task with these tactics - then don't play it or vary it according to the opponents. stop repeating the same sh1t every match and expecting a different outcome.
it's a worry when your 2 CBs is up in the a strikers position to score 2 goals - one disallowed.

wow. inverted CBs.

if personnel is consistently not up to the task with these tactics - then don't play it or vary it according to the opponents. stop repeating the same sh1t every match and expecting a different outcome.
it's a worry when your 2 CBs is up in the a strikers position to score 2 goals - one disallowed.

wow. inverted CBs.

Look he's playing it, you're just gonna have to deal with it - these are his tactics whether we like it or not.

If you hire a manager based on a certain philosophy then you have to expect them to stick to it, that's how every top manager have operated because it speeds up the process of getting those players out the club who can't hack it and vice versa of who can.

Had the same shit with Klopp and Pep, so boring.

It's fucking shocking how bad we are defensively.
We're adequate at best going forward, but it's only down to sheer volume of attemots.
But we'd lose that'd at the expense of any form of defence.
If he actually committed to tightening up at the back, a lot of the attack would suffer as we would just have less of the ball in the final 3rd.
That might not be such a bad thing😀
Goons only had 30% ish.

Back
Top Bottom