Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You forget Newcastle had 2 games in hand over us?

Even if Conte stayed one more game week, by the time we had kicked off the next game, we were 5th..
Well we're fith now, so no improvement and we're out of all the cups early days. Don't forget last season we had some European matches to contend so extra matches to wear out the team moroso than this season.

I think Ange has done pretty well but as the season has gone on we've gotten worse. Hopefully we can turn that around today. Ange has done better than a lot of people thought he might.

Well we're fith now, so no improvement and we're out of all the cups early days. Don't forget last season we had some European matches to contend so extra matches to wear out the team moroso than this season.

I think Ange has done pretty well but as the season has gone on we've gotten worse. Hopefully we can turn that around today. Ange has done better than a lot of people thought he might.

Please don't remind me of that spineless AC Milan knockout tie :(

One of the worst coached performances I've seen from a Spurs team in a big fixture in a long time. Conte should've been fucked off as soon as the FT whistle went.

The goalposts:
Like I already said the conversation can go around with nobody winning it.

Conte got us 4th the previous season and left us in forth last season when we got sacked.

So comparing this season to last we're no better off in the league positions even if we did have more points then. ManUtd were better last season, a lot of the keague positions that we have had in recent seasons may work out that you can be higher one season but with a lower points tally. As per your post about 28 games. Sure we had 4 less points this season at that time but we were higher up the league last season.

It's all swings and roundabuts son but there's no improvement on results imv.

Last edited:
Please don't remind me of that spineless AC Milan knockout tie :(

One of the worst coached performances I've seen from a Spurs team in a big fixture in a long time. Conte should've been fucked off as soon as the FT whistle went.
Well Ange got Celtic to the CL and they got trashed too. Totally exposed at the back my Celtic friend tells me.

Well Ange got Celtic to the CL and they got trashed too. Totally exposed at the back my Celtic friend tells me.

True. He most definitely should have got that epic Celtic team to the knockout stages of the CL.

My Dad's a Celtic fan by the way and he loved every minute of their CL campaign last season

Whereas Spurs made me want to slit my wrists every CL fixture under Conte. Funny how that works.

So no improvement then You're desperately looking for a time to try and use to prove a point.

Bollocks. Conte was sacked after 28 games.... that's YOUR criteria (and JTs).

53 points > 49 points......... That's 1 win and 1 draw..... That's better.

Like I already said the conversation can go around with nobody winning it.

Conte got us 4th the previous season and left us in forth last season when we got sacked.

So comparing this season to last we're no better off in the league positions even if we did have more points then. ManUtd were better last season, a lot of the keague positions that we have had in recent seasons may work out that you can be higher one season but with a lower points tally. As per your post about 28 games. Sure we had 4 less points this season at that time but we were higher up the league last season.

Not with all teams on 28 games played we weren't (hence the link. i.e. actual data.).

It's all swings and roundabuts son but there's no improvement on results imv.

There conclusively is.......

53 points > 49 points = BETTER results.

Last edited:

If we finish in a European place, it’s an improvement.

End of discussion, no debate required, goodbye, the end.

If we finish in a European place, it’s an improvement.

End of discussion, no debate required, goodbye, the end.
But it won't be an improvement on Conte's time, just Stellini and Mason the pair of rooky careteker coaches. It's not a like for like comparison. You are right as a club we would have improved if we get European football this season but there's nothing to say that Ange was an improvement on Conte.

Back
Top Bottom