Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I don't think most people are calling for his head. He definitely needs to learn a few lessons and people are pissed off about that. But i bet most people here have seen enough of how Levy operates to not - yet again - just blindly shift blame to the manager.

If the last 25 years have showed anything, it's that it's very difficult to compete for trophies under Levy. We have had every type of manager you can get, from the cheeky veterans to the proven winners, to the up and comers...nobody wins here. All we can do is hope that Levy throws enough darts at the board to one day stumble on the exception to the rule. Hopefully it's Ange, we will see.
Definitely not most, but is clear a few more are sprouting out today happy to prove they are right and starting calling Ange all sort of names.

The overreaction is insane. We were fucking shit today, but calling for Ange's head is straight up ridiculous. Pep finished his first season in 3rd with a much better squad than ours in a worse League (at the time). The cunt down the road finished 8th twice before going 5th and having some noticeable improvement. Even Klopp had a rocky start at Liverpool. I've seen enough this season to trust in the rebuild that Ange is committed to. We were supposed to finish around 8th this season, yet we're fighting for Europe.

Let's suppose that some here get their wish and Ange is sacked. Who would they bring? Would we go back to Conte? Or how about bringing Ramos back, he knows how to win a trophy with us...
Arteta only got the time he did because he won an FA cup in his first season.

Klopp got to 2 finals in his first season.

Why do these facts always get left out.

That clown isn't a Spurs fan.

Note that he didn't mention VDV or Vicario as players that Ange wanted, or even Maddison who is yet to recapture his form.
Even with Johnson there is clearly enough there to see a quality player coming through.
I agree. I think there is still more upside with Johnson. Maddison is brittle. When he can stay healthy he makes a big difference. And I don't think you can chalk up Werner as a loss. He fits the system well and has the ability to turn defenders. Naturally, you wish he could do more finishing, but he still opens up chances for other players.

Arteta actually got time because there was no-one in the stadium, when he had them in 15th the fans would have forced him out.

He won the FA Cup in a Covid plagued season playing the worst football known to man (his football at the time was utterly horrible to watch, park the bus, give it to Tierney and hope that Aubameyang somehow scores out of nothing).
As for Klopp. he completely bottled the Europa League Final against Sevilla. His football at the time was great though, proper balls to the wall stuff.

What did people realistically expect Ange to do in his first season? Win a treble? Because the day before the season started, we sold one of the greatest players to ever play for this club, and I was hoping to at least get a 7th...

As long as Levy is there we will never seriously compete ,the current top three all have had serious backing with top proven players and one of those clubs wasn't in the top four when their manager was able to get some of those players .Unfortunately there are no magicians out there who are really competing with a chairman like ours .The good start just gave us false hopes but when things dip it always generates a more negative reaction .

Hey Ange maybe you're to arrogant to care or to clueless to know but Gooner Scum start;

Rice, Odegaard and Jorginho in the middle with Havertz dropping deep and helping out. If you proceed to start Maddison in the middle then you are even more clueless then I thought.

Denting Gooners title hopes means fuckibg everything.

They’ll beat us 3 or 4 nil. Dreading going to it now. A couple of months ago I thought we would win but not now. It will be a harsh lesson I’m afraid.

Arteta won an FA Cup butwith someone else's squad. He's never won anything with the players he's bought.

Getting to Finals is a Spurs speciality why would that be more worthy of patience at Spurs?

We're easy to play against. We have no cutting edge and our only good shooter is reluctant to take shots nowadays. It's predictable and quite frankly it's fucking boring football. We play the same players in the same positions with the same instructions. This is top level football and it's easy for opposition managers and players to combat.
yea it is fucking boring. i do think with a competent front 3 it would look a hell of a lot different though. even if just having rich at 9 and having wide players looking to get the ball into him for something to fight for makes a big, big difference.

the front 3 we have currently are fucking awful, they are all quite samey too. none of them possess sheer quality on the ball or can actually pick a defence apart with their brain, its all pace and when it comes to duals two of them dont want any part of it. you might get away with having one of them, but the other 2 need to balance that front line out with either a bit of grit or a bit of class.

big ange needs to have another system. youd think at top level football they would have more than just one way of playing. i dont get the point of prioritising width if you dont have a box threat? might as well pack the midfield out and get more players that are cuter on the ball out there if youre looking to play through a side.

What does it take to recover from a game like that?

The same as every other game. There's no point sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. There's another game in two weeks. We've just got to get ready for that. It's not the first time it's happened to us and it won't be the last. It's part of our growth. Sometimes that growth is painful. That's part of it and you've just got to embrace it, use it and get ready for the next challenge.

This is just like the last time we had a fucking putrid performance before a 2 week break. I hope it stings the players a bit longer this time.

Can’t work out if I like the level headedness or not.

Just because when I turned the game on in the second half, within the first three minutes I was watching I could see the newcastle players beating us for effort and aggression with and without the ball (I’ve mentioned us being weak at this about ten times this season). I thought that was Angeball 101, everyone has to put in effort as a minimum? Well, I’m not seeing it. They aren’t busting a gut. Our midfield is sauntering through games. At least someone like Skipp, who although might be lacking in certain areas, actually never stops……I thought that was Ange’s mantra after all?

This fan base is just way too scarred.

Every failure just blends into all the past failures. I remember Ossie, this is nothing like Ossie.
I agree. Just the timing of the post and the text that made me chuckle.

Should also add that I'm not Ange out after that dismal performance. It might not be pretty right now but I'm sick of burning through managers. It's not like we're sitting in 13th.

Get the players in to suit him. If we don't, that's on the club. If we do and we're still fucking up, that's on him. But we're hardly going to know that after 32 games.

Last edited:
yea it is fucking boring. i do think with a competent front 3 it would look a hell of a lot different though. even if just having rich at 9 and having wide players looking to get the ball into him for something to fight for makes a big, big difference.

the front 3 we have currently are fucking awful, they are all quite samey too. none of them possess sheer quality on the ball or can actually pick a defence apart with their brain, its all pace and when it comes to duals two of them dont want any part of it. you might get away with having one of them, but the other 2 need to balance that front line out with either a bit of grit or a bit of class.

big ange needs to have another system. youd think at top level football they would have more than just one way of playing. i dont get the point of prioritising width if you dont have a box threat? might as well pack the midfield out and get more players that are cuter on the ball out there if youre looking to play through a side.

Fucking spot on there Davey

Can’t work out if I like the level headedness or not.

Just because when I turned the game on in the second half, within the first three minutes I was watching I could see the newcastle players beating us for effort and aggression with and without the ball (I’ve mentioned us being weak at this about ten times this season). I thought that was Angeball 101, everyone has to put in effort as a minimum? Well, I’m not seeing it. They aren’t busting a gut. Our midfield is sauntering through games. At least someone like Skipp, who although might be lacking in certain areas, actually never stops……I thought that was Ange’s mantra after all?

His other quotes said the same as you.

I'm not confusing level-headedness in public for a shortage of rage behind closed doors. We all saw the footage before he was hired.

there is zero chance those players didn't hear all about that performance. Shouting on the sidelines is performance for the fans. It has zero benefits for players. If anything it might distract them.

The overreaction is insane. We were fucking shit today, but calling for Ange's head is straight up ridiculous. Pep finished his first season in 3rd with a much better squad than ours in a worse League (at the time). The cunt down the road finished 8th twice before going 5th and having some noticeable improvement. Even Klopp had a rocky start at Liverpool. I've seen enough this season to trust in the rebuild that Ange is committed to. We were supposed to finish around 8th this season, yet we're fighting for Europe.

Let's suppose that some here get their wish and Ange is sacked. Who would they bring? Would we go back to Conte? Or how about bringing Ramos back, he knows how to win a trophy with us...

Agree.

Ange has got lots to fix, but chopping and changing every time we hit a rough patch isn’t the answer. It’s been 5 or 6 years since we had any kind of stability

Just give him time and back him. Worked for Klopp, Pep and Arteta

Back
Top Bottom