Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What does it take to recover from a game like that?

The same as every other game. There's no point sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. There's another game in two weeks. We've just got to get ready for that. It's not the first time it's happened to us and it won't be the last. It's part of our growth. Sometimes that growth is painful. That's part of it and you've just got to embrace it, use it and get ready for the next challenge.

This is just like the last time we had a fucking putrid performance before a 2 week break. I hope it stings the players a bit longer this time.

Why would him getting transfers in that he wants fill you with any sort of confidence?

From what we've heard Johnson and Werner were signed at his express request and both are woeful.

It's been an extended honeymoon purely because of the chelsea game, if not for that the heat would have been a lot quicker.
It's a squad in transition and I don't think every player is a match for Postecoglou's system. So, I do think we will see some transfer players who make quicker decisions and put more pressure on in the final third.

Yeah, we've been waiting years for a high moment at this club. Would take a massive shift in ambition this summer for that to happen.

Let's see if we can sign another few players that we hope can be top class in the summer a fluke one off but the same tactic every summer has surprisingly never produced a 4-0 over woolwich to win the league so far so forgive me if I doubt it will happen next year.

It's a squad in transition and I don't think every player is a match for Postecoglou's system. So, I do think we will see some transfer players who make quicker decisions and put more pressure on in the final third.

That clown isn't a Spurs fan.

Note that he didn't mention VDV or Vicario as players that Ange wanted, or even Maddison who is yet to recapture his form.
Even with Johnson there is clearly enough there to see a quality player coming through.

You don't think 2 things can be true or do you live in this binary world of black and white?

Let me ask you this question, are you 100% happy with the manager in literally every facet of his management?
There we go :harrylol: :harrylol:

You fucking clown you were “calling me out” just last week after some win. Now you’re out for Postecoglou as soon as someone mentioned your master.

It certainly seems like the blueprint has been laid on how to defend against us to make our attack nullified, and teams know they will get chances against us every week.

Up to Ange and co to figure out how to get us in dangerous attacking positions more regularly against back 5s and we need to have another player sitting to help stop counters, ie Bissouma or whoever is in the 6 cannot have license to leave the centre backs so freely.

It's very fixable, but whether we can actually get these tweaks implemented effectively we shall have to see.

We're easy to play against. We have no cutting edge and our only good shooter is reluctant to take shots nowadays. It's predictable and quite frankly it's fucking boring football. We play the same players in the same positions with the same instructions. This is top level football and it's easy for opposition managers and players to combat.

The overreaction is insane. We were fucking shit today, but calling for Ange's head is straight up ridiculous. Pep finished his first season in 3rd with a much better squad than ours in a worse League (at the time). The cunt down the road finished 8th twice before going 5th and having some noticeable improvement. Even Klopp had a rocky start at Liverpool. I've seen enough this season to trust in the rebuild that Ange is committed to. We were supposed to finish around 8th this season, yet we're fighting for Europe.

Let's suppose that some here get their wish and Ange is sacked. Who would they bring? Would we go back to Conte? Or how about bringing Ramos back, he knows how to win a trophy with us...

We're easy to play against. We have no cutting edge and our only good shooter is reluctant to take shots nowadays. It's predictable and quite frankly it's fucking boring football. We play the same players in the same positions with the same instructions. This is top level football and it's easy for opposition managers and players to combat.
I spent the day in the sunshine with the Mrs drinking wine in the garden. I'm not shocked or even supprised by this result. I've said for a bit I do not belive we can be like this and win. Since Sarr dropped off(injury) we are way too easy to play against. We need to recognise the shock of the new has worn off and coaches have had a nice long look at how to exploit the positions of Udogie and Porro. We need money spent on elite forwards fullback cover a player to push Maddison and a dedicated dcm.

Last edited:
The overreaction is insane. We were fucking shit today, but calling for Ange's head is straight up ridiculous. Pep finished his first season in 3rd with a much better squad than ours in a worse League (at the time). The cunt down the road finished 8th twice before going 5th and having some noticeable improvement. Even Klopp had a rocky start at Liverpool. I've seen enough this season to trust in the rebuild that Ange is committed to. We were supposed to finish around 8th this season, yet we're fighting for Europe.

Let's suppose that some here get their wish and Ange is sacked. Who would they bring? Would we go back to Conte? Or how about bringing Ramos back, he knows how to win a trophy with us...

Honestly, I don't think most people are calling for his head. He definitely needs to learn a few lessons and people are pissed off about that. But i bet most people here have seen enough of how Levy operates to not - yet again - just blindly shift blame to the manager.

If the last 25 years have showed anything, it's that it's very difficult to compete for trophies under Levy. We have had every type of manager you can get, from the cheeky veterans to the proven winners, to the up and comers...nobody wins here. All we can do is hope that Levy throws enough darts at the board to one day stumble on the exception to the rule. Hopefully it's Ange, we will see.

Back
Top Bottom