Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange is 100% responsible for this crap performance today.

Not 1 player looked competent in the field today. Defense/Midfield/Attack was all garbage.

Team looked completely lost, unmotivated, outclassed, out coached.

Want to throw up after watching that game...
sick vomit GIF by New Amsterdam

having one setup and one way of playing is not good enough. especially when youre using a striker whos not a box threat at all. we are so easy to play against its a joke! if the opposition doesnt have to worry about crosses its very easy to defend!

if he wants to try and play nice stuff you need the players out there to do it! the only semi decent front 3 we can put out will have richy as 9 as he IS a box threat! anything else is utter shit and easy to defend! if he isnt going to play with a box threat he needs to change the system completely. weve been sussed out now and are easy to play against.

That’s on Van de Ven. Cannot blame Ange for that. We do need a proper centre forward though.
Slipping is not Ange's fault but the way we play, we are constantly scrambling to get back..flying in or panicking. Vdv was left one on one whilst running at pace. But the 3rd goal. Cannot excuse not being goal side in your own half.

What's he gonna say later...?

He'd better not say "I thought we controlled the game for large parts...." bollocks. Because having tippy, tappy possession and not doing anything with it isn't 'controlling' fuck all.
that tippy-tappy is costing us games.

every one/ player is happily ding tappy tippy in the oppsition box- then suddenly they lose possession.. and the ball gets loped into acres of space in our own half of the pitch - no players acres of space

Apparently we should expect more heavy defeats as it's part of the process apparently...he does know that this is the Premier league and not the Scottish pub league ?? More heavy defeats expected is bullshit ....come on ange, think before you speak......

Sorry, he won't last folks.

Wide open. Once teams lose the fear factor against us, they'll start running riot.

All this nonsense about us being better against open teams just haven't seen teams with functioning attacks really have a go at us.
4 was fucking flattering today.

We might as well give Ange some time because the likelihood is, we continue to fall short under Enic regardless of who the manager is.

Give Ange a summer window and another pre season. Then have a bash next time. The only chance we have as a club is if a manager is a bonafide miracle worker, let's see if it's Ange.

That's a lie. Udogie/porro despite being signed before Ange joined seem conveniently more fitting to his system then Conte's. He sighed vdv/dragusin who he decides not to use despite poor performances by Romero.. he uses Werner and awful lot. He uses son CF when richarlison should be there. He plays the high line when we have suffered with it time and time again. This excuse of not having the players is part of the issue. If he doesn't have them then play the way that suits what he has until he gets what he needs. That third goal. What's the thinking to allow the striker to be goal side of your defender in your own half? The zonal marking that contributes to goals conceded nearly every game???

Udogie and Porro never played FB in their lives. They were both career WBs before Ange. To the point that people debated if they could play in the same lineup.

The only lier here is you. Didn't read the rest of your post because it was obviously going to be a waste of time. Now fuck off and leave me alone.

There's grown mean all over social media today calling for the manager to get sacked, hilarious

He does need to improve though big time but that comes with time and patience, getting us to this point had been great but we need to see more from him.

There's grown mean all over social media today calling for the manager to get sacked, hilarious

He does need to improve though big time but that comes with time and patience, getting us to this point had been great but we need to see more from him.

How about ENIC improve and sign him some players worth a fucking damn? Need to see more from him lmao, he's squeezing blood from a fucking stone with this squad.

How about ENIC improve and sign him some players worth a fucking damn? Need to see more from him lmao, he's squeezing blood from a fucking stone with this squad.

You don't think 2 things can be true or do you live in this binary world of black and white?

Let me ask you this question, are you 100% happy with the manager in literally every facet of his management?

Udogie and Porro never played FB in their lives. They were both career WBs before Ange. To the point that people debated if they could play in the same lineup.

The only lier here is you. Didn't read the rest of your post because it was obviously going to be a waste of time. Now fuck off and leave me alone.
Absolutely a dumb idiot. They are used as wing backs. So you just proved my point. It's a forum so I'll post what I want..don't like it. Fuck off the app

Fair enough.

It feels like we can’t score sometimes though, and set pieces are a big issue that other teams will target

Set pieces and defending them do seem to be a big issue. 100% agree on that.

Our team outside the two CBs is quite small. Kulu, bentacour have height and a bit of physical presence. Does Sarr win much in the air?

Looking back Harry used to do a lot of defending at corners.

You just read the quote tweet?

If you read the whole PC I think his description was very accurate and offered no excuses:

Why was your team so vulnerable on the break?

As I said, we allowed them to dictate the way the game was played, ended up being a transition game, a lot of it was self-inflicted by us, we weren’t brave on the ball, we’ve been really good this year at understanding that when we have the ball we can be a threat, certain players, we just shied away from that today. When you do that you allow the game to be played on Newcastle’s terms. When that happens especially away from home it’s hard for us to then claw it back once it’s got away from us.

Were you concerned about the physical side of the game, it felt like your players lost a lot of the key battles?

I was concerned with all of it. I don't think there was one area that cost us today. I don't think there was any part of our game that reached the levels that it needs to for us to be able to play the games on our terms, so whether that's the physical aspect, the technical, the tactical, all of it, we just never really got to any sort of tempo or intensity that we needed to, to stop a team that's got momentum right from the start.

Absolutely.

Getting Top 4 could be the worst thing to happen to us because the owners probably tighten the budget thinking the squad is good enough.

We have one genuinely top class finisher and some players with the potential to be top class. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom