Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really like him. I want him to succeed.

But we can't set up like this all the time. We do not score anywhere near enough goals to be as defensively open as we are. You can get away with it in the SPL.

He has to adjust his methods if it’s going to work for us imo.
I don’t think he will and we will be looking for a new manger this time next season as the other teams have worked out how to play against us.
Really hope I’m wrong but seen some massive warning signs in recent weeks

Heh.

I remember the exact same being said during pochs final few games . Get jose in , he'll have this world class squad competing they said .

Or maybe alot of these players aren't that Good/ inexperienced/ had a bad day

Completely different players, how many Jose players are still here?

So what players are still here from the Jose era Kaz Hirai Kaz Hirai or is that a revenge disagree because I disagreed with this nonsense post? 😂

If he doesn't change his tactics in a game against your rivals where you are down to 9 men and Eric Dier is centre back then tbh he's never going to attempt to try something different.

We just have to hope it works more times then not.

If he doesn't change his tactics in a game against your rivals where you are down to 9 men and Eric Dier is centre back then tbh he's never going to attempt to try something different.

We just have to hope it works more times then not.

Hoping it works more time that not, not a good recipe for success imo

Completely different players, how many Jose players are still here?

So what players are still here from the Jose era Kaz Hirai Kaz Hirai or is that a revenge disagree because I disagreed with this nonsense post? 😂

The disagreement is with your ability to read I'm afraid .

I never said anything about Jose players being here at all, I said fans were claiming POCH WAS UNDER PERFORMING WITH A WORLD CLASS SQUAD AND THAT JOSE WOULD GET THAT WORLD CLASS SQUAD FIRING, HENCE POCH SHOULD BE SACKED.

Unsure what part of that complex code you're having trouble cracking

Thing is, we've seen plenty of times this season where Ange has adapted or adjusted to the opponent. The narrative he doesn't just gets thrown out when we lose a game of football.

This shit is going to take time. We can't want a rebuild only to cry when we're not even a year into the rebuild and we're losing games.

Go back to the start of any of the top teams rebuilding and you'll see results just like today. Mixed in with results that make you think "damn, we're good".

We saw it with Poch. Terrible losses, only to smash Chelsea 5-3 at home. We saw it with Klopp. Beat Man City comfortably, only to be humbled by Swansea.. Guardiola being humbled 4-0 by Everton.

Get the guy what his system primarily needs. Let him go to work and in a years time, let's see where we are at. A rebuild was never not going to be painful at times.

Log off the internet for the weekend. Go and watch Dune 2 at the IMAX and remove this shit result and performance out of your mind. It's going to be a loooong 2 weeks.

The disagreement is with your ability to read I'm afraid .

I never said anything about Jose players being here at all, I said fans were claiming POCH WAS UNDER PERFORMING WITH A WORLD CLASS SQUAD AND THAT JOSE WOULD GET THAT WORLD CLASS SQUAD FIRING, HENCE POCH SHOULD BE SACKED.

Unsure what part of that complex code you're having trouble cracking

You said these players aren’t that good?
If you meant something else you worded it badly

This is what you said

Heh.

I remember the exact same being said during pochs final few games . Get jose in , he'll have this world class squad competing they said .

Or maybe alot of these players aren't that Good/ inexperienced/ had a bad day

Last edited:
Don't think it was the system today. Players let him down, however he should've made the subs MUCH earlier. This is one of those "thrashings" that we were expecting when he first joined and said that we needed time to adapt to the new system and style of play.

Awful performance, should be docked wages, manager included in that, just a complete lack of professionalism.

I thought we had turned a corner against Villa but let's be honest, up until the second half it was a pretty turgid performance as well.

We don't seem to have a plan B or maybe our plan A is just too predictable at this point?

We should be getting stronger and be MORE hopeful for the future and going into next season, the way things are right now we are trending in the wrong direction with results like this.

Hard one to take, the question is, is a result like this a mere bump in the road on our way to bigger things or is it indicative of a weakness that will remain?

Hard to know at this point really but can't say I feel very hopeful given our recent record with false dawns.

Thing is, we've seen plenty of times this season where Ange has adapted or adjusted to the opponent. The narrative he doesn't just gets thrown out when we lose a game of football.

This shit is going to take time. We can't want a rebuild only to cry when we're not even a year into the rebuild and we're losing games.

Go back to the start of any of the top teams rebuilding and you'll see results just like today. Mixed in with results that make you think "damn, we're good".

We saw it with Poch. Terrible losses, only to smash Chelsea 5-3 at home. We saw it with Klopp. Beat Man City comfortably, only to be humbled by Swansea.. Guardiola being humbled 4-0 by Everton.

Get the guy what his system primarily needs. Let him go to work and in a years time, let's see where we are at. A rebuild was never not going to be painful at times.

Log off the internet for the weekend. Go and watch Dune 2 at the IMAX and remove this shit result and performance out of your mind. It's going to be a loooong 2 weeks.
Too true. Patience is needed, and we have seen enough promising signs that we are heading in the right direction.

We are never going anywhere if we keep changing plan

Too true. Patience is needed, and we have seen enough promising signs that we are heading in the right direction.

We are never going anywhere if we keep changing plan

8 wins in our last 13.

Which mirrors our first 13 games of the season...

Results like today are painful and I'm sure there will be a reaction for Luton.

'We could finish fourth, great, it's nothing this football club haven't done. It's about how we play.'

From his interview just now.

Our football isn't good enough for him to get away with this Roy of the Rovers shtick.

Back
Top Bottom