Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So how did their model produce so much success then?

On the surface, they look like similar models but the output from the models has been so different so they can't be that similar.

Because they brought in Michael Edwards and handed over more decision-making responsibility?

They used Coutinho money to buy 2 world-class talents, we used the Bale money to get 7 players, most of them very average?

Maybe that's where the difference in the mentality is?
more self-belief to chase high-end players and pay what it takes to get them?

Our chairman took his eye off the ball and chopped and changed strategies, we failed to capitalise when we were on top and we paid for it, that's the difference right there, had we did what we are doing now post Poch then no doubt we would have been successful.

ENIC prioritised the stadium and increasing the revenue streams over investing in the team and recruitment, FSG didn't need to - there's your difference right there.

Oh look another criticism of DL and ENIC by me that people will ignore...

But anyway I say all that to say this, people think you cannot be successful with this strategy, Liverpool have proved otherwise.

Our chairman took his eye off the ball and chopped and changed strategies, we failed to capitalise when we were on top and we paid for it, that's the difference right there, had we did what we are doing now post Poch then no doubt we would have been successful.

ENIC prioritised the stadium and increasing the revenue streams over investing in the team and recruitment, FSG didn't need to - there's your difference right there.

But anyway I say all that to say this, people think you cannot be successful with this strategy, Liverpool have proved otherwise.

When did he chop and change?

A small cash injection would help massively. I’m not sure they prioritised funding / spending, Levy didn’t have football people to take on that part. He was focused on stadium and no-one else focused on football matters. I think the cash was available tbh

Everything. We were talking about the difference between FSG and ENIC financial models.

You said Levy chopped and changed the financial model but FSG proved that it could be successful.

I said that he chopped and changed strategies i.e he switched managers from project managers to win now managers

Yes, if you have a model which supports a project how are you expected to be successful with a manager who demands instant backing?

I mean, Jose and Conte never made sense.

Both those guys, Conte especially expect top wage earners and multiple high-end signings to win.
Horrible fits for the ENIC model. Then there is the project thing and patience required.

Both those guys, Conte especially expect top wage earners and multiple high-end signings to win.
Horrible fits for the ENIC model. Then there is the project thing and patience required.

It didn't make sense but I think the board thought that one of these cunts would get us over the line to get the monkey off our back.

A small cash injection would help massively. I’m not sure they prioritised funding / spending, Levy didn’t have football people to take on that part. He was focused on stadium and no-one else focused on football matters. I think the cash was available tbh
Whatever happened to Uncle Joe's big cash injection?

Conte sort of made sense. His inter team wasn’t built on huge money. He spent at Chelsea but the team itself wasn’t some all star side either, it was more than the sum of its parts with a couple of stand-out forwards in Costa and Hazard.

We sort of had that in Kane & Son and it sort of worked till he had a meltdown. The system itself, when it functioned, doesn’t need world class footballers everywhere. Just very disciplined and fit players.

The issue was the fans got bored, Conte for toxic and it all went to shit.

Conte sort of made sense. His inter team wasn’t built on huge money. He spent at Chelsea but the team itself wasn’t some all star side either, it was more than the sum of its parts with a couple of stand-out forwards in Costa and Hazard.

We sort of had that in Kane & Son and it sort of worked till he had a meltdown. The system itself, when it functioned, doesn’t need world class footballers everywhere. Just very disciplined and fit players.

The issue was the fans got bored, Conte for toxic and it all went to shit.

But they had top tier wage players in comparison to Serie A.

The idea of Conte winning with an underdog club and squad goes against everything he believes. That's why he took every opportunity to talk his team and the club down. He never expected we had a chance to win.

But they had top tier wage players in comparison to Serie A.

The idea of Conte winning with an underdog club and squad goes against everything he believes. That's why he took every opportunity to talk his team and the club down. He never expected we had a chance to win.

He took the job because he knew he would make his money back after he got scammed

We finished 8th last season, and that was with our all-time record goalscorer.

Ange is doing fine. Do wish we would cut out the gung ho bullshit at times and just be more intelligent as we do concede a lot of sloppy goals. Also a bit worried about how blunt our attack looks at the moment but I think it's a mix of fatigue, injuries and players out of form.

We finished 8th last season, and that was with our all-time record goalscorer.

Ange is doing fine. Do wish we would cut out the gung ho bullshit at times and just be more intelligent as we do concede a lot of sloppy goals. Also a bit worried about how blunt our attack looks at the moment but I think it's a mix of fatigue, injuries and players out of form.

We're clunky but i think players like Madders, Biss, Betancur are still off the pace. Prior to the Chelsea carnage, Biss and Madders were killing it.

No excuses now.

Back
Top Bottom