Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mark Lawrenson on Irish radio this evening saying Ange is one of the names being considered by the Bindippers to replace Klippity Klopp. (...) Cant post link, behind a podcast paywall.
Gutted I can't hear the insightful thoughts of this utter no-mark.

giphy.gif

When (not if) we're in CL I'd like to play differently at times. I've never seen such pace in a Spurs team - Son, Werner, Johnson....those guys hitting on the break would be dynamite. Richi a strong runner too.

I remember Poch's 2nd season in CL (the first was poor). We hit Dortmund on the break fantastically well with Son at Wembley. Afterwards he complained that we hadn't stuck to his plan!! That CL campaign we did very well until the 2nd half v Juve.

With Celtic in CL, Ange put together some exciting footie. They gave some teams a torrid time but the results didn't match.

Anyway, in Ange we trust, and wtf do I know
Yeah that Celtic side had a lot of heart, just not quite the finishing quality. At the moment our most clinical forward is Sonny. Maybe Richy with his Brazil experience can handle the big games, but we need another quality striker who relishes the big time, especially with Sonny at his age.

When (not if) we're in CL I'd like to play differently at times. I've never seen such pace in a Spurs team - Son, Werner, Johnson....those guys hitting on the break would be dynamite. Richi a strong runner too.

I remember Poch's 2nd season in CL (the first was poor). We hit Dortmund on the break fantastically well with Son at Wembley. Afterwards he complained that we hadn't stuck to his plan!! That CL campaign we did very well until the 2nd half v Juve.

With Celtic in CL, Ange put together some exciting footie. They gave some teams a torrid time but the results didn't match.

Anyway, in Ange we trust, and wtf do I know
Starting to play counter attacking football to get results in CL was the start of the end of Pochs reign in Spurs. The development went downhill from there. I hope Ange does not make the same mistake.

If I was to put a number on it the team is abour 25-30 % where he would want it to be. He would be fuming inside at the performance, not the effort, the performance.

So let’s say 30%.
Currently at just under 2ppg at 30%. That’s quite impressive.

If we get to say 80% what sort of PPG should we expect?

And at 100%?? Is that achievable? Or is Ange a perfectionist chasing the impossible.

An old director told me never to score employees 10/10 in a personal review as essential you are saying that person is perfect. Which he didn’t think was ever the case.
Keep them pushing for more was his mantra.

Starting to play counter attacking football to get results in CL was the start of the end of Pochs reign in Spurs. The development went downhill from there. I hope Ange does not make the same mistake.
Not really. He realised you had to change tactics sometimes.
In the first half against Palace yesterday Chelsea had 80% possession, didn't have a single shot on goal and were 1-0 down.

We were seeing that at Spurs at times. Teams happily sit back and kept us at arms length. And it has happened this season to some degree.

Chris Sutton 'guarantees' what Tottenham fans will be saying about Ange Postecoglou next season

Chris Sutton thinks Tottenham fans will be frustrated with Ange Postecoglou’s football next season​

Sutton was convinced that Spurs fans will eventually grow tired of the attractive football being played in North London right now.

The pundit thought the Tottenham faithful would soon be calling for Postecoglou to be more pragmatic to get his team over the line.

Sutton said: “I think we are at a stage where fans want absolutely everything now. They want the lot.

“I guarantee you next season there will be Tottenham fans under Postecoglou who will say that they need to be a bit more pragmatic. Wait and see.”

Of course, you aren’t going to find too many Spurs fans who will agree with that right now.

Although Postecoglou’s side do play with tactical freedom, not always thinking of their back line first, they still do have pragmatism in their displays.

Perhaps Sutton is suggesting that Tottenham fans will eventually be calling for Postecoglou to drop his high line in games.

However, a lesson should be learn

Chris Sutton 'guarantees' what Tottenham fans will be saying about Ange Postecoglou next season

Chris Sutton thinks Tottenham fans will be frustrated with Ange Postecoglou’s football next season​

Sutton was convinced that Spurs fans will eventually grow tired of the attractive football being played in North London right now.

The pundit thought the Tottenham faithful would soon be calling for Postecoglou to be more pragmatic to get his team over the line.

Sutton said: “I think we are at a stage where fans want absolutely everything now. They want the lot.

“I guarantee you next season there will be Tottenham fans under Postecoglou who will say that they need to be a bit more pragmatic. Wait and see.”

Of course, you aren’t going to find too many Spurs fans who will agree with that right now.

Although Postecoglou’s side do play with tactical freedom, not always thinking of their back line first, they still do have pragmatism in their displays.

Perhaps Sutton is suggesting that Tottenham fans will eventually be calling for Postecoglou to drop his high line in games.

We already have had this call for more pragmatism, so he's not wrong.

I was actually thinking our line should be higher at the end of games
:ange-clap:

That's just a man saying something to say something.

View: https://youtu.be/VLhvRFlnwZk?si=WD3aqMsIYrVo_SrY

Came across an old Brisbane Roar game with Ange in charge. 1-0 down with two minutes to go, a last minute winner playing out of the back of course. Amazing to see how far he's gone in the last 12 years.

:ange-arms:

So many things to love about those 5 mins

great to produce a free kick like that in added time of course
when it went in the camera focused on the grumpy Sydney mgr
Oh wait - that's Ange looking his usual grumpy self!! Not even a smile!!
at 1.23 the camera leaves the action - cos it's only with the Bris keeper, nothing to see here
except that's the start of the attack for the winner
very similar to Ole's last minute winner v Bayern in the CL final
Ange treats himself to a handshake with his assistant lol

love it!!

Back
Top Bottom