Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This reminds me so much of Klopp’s first season at Pool.

The mad way of playing, the fight and mental strength of the manager (Ange is far less a prick though), the squad that is part suited and part not suited to the task and thus the up and down results.

Today was great, next game we might lose and given our bad injury luck this up and down will be our season. But I have no doubt we have the right manager for the job, club need to properly back him and club/levy/fans need to be patient as this season is clearly a building one due to the issue with the squad and our absurd injury luck.

In my eyes he rectified what he had been doing wrong with the front 3. He got it bang on today and that's probably the best full game I've seen us play so far this season. It was a thrilling display but on top of that it had substance and a killer edge to it.

CL they didn’t sit deep by choice , they were cooked from a long season and couldn’t maintain the levels.

He didn’t change with 10 men did he? He’s also years further ahead establishing his project And he lost after changing his philosophy with 9 men so maybe he regrets it.
He was 10 seconds away from an admirable draw.
You can't deny, that was a brilliant effort that nearly got them a point.
It might have been fun to watch us go toe to toe with Chelsea, but it was only their own astonishing incompetence in the final third that kept the score down until the last 10 minutes.

Last edited:
He was 10 seconds away from an admirable draw.
You can't deny, that was a brilliant effort that nearly got them a point.
It might have been fun to watch us go you're to toe with Chelsea, but it was only their own astonishing incompetence in the final third that kept the score down until the last 10 minutes.
Quite but he identified their incompetence

It wasn’t a one off, they are actually shit

This reminds me so much of Klopp’s first season at Pool.

The mad way of playing, the fight and mental strength of the manager (Ange is far less a prick though), the squad that is part suited and part not suited to the task and thus the up and down results.

In that case, in straya they call an asthma inhaler a puffer FYI.

Which in NZ is a jacket.

School Teacher GIF by Sesame Street

In my eyes he rectified what he had been doing wrong with the front 3. He got it bang on today and that's probably the best full game I've seen us play so far this season. It was a thrilling display but on top of that it had substance and a killer edge to it.
It was the players on the pitch mate, you seem to equate win = good manager and loss = bad manager, there is more to it than that hey

It was the players on the pitch mate, you seem to equate win = good manager and loss = bad manager, there is more to it than that hey
Not at all. I said after the Chelsea game something needed to change. I'm pissed off it's taken 5 games to do it but he's finally got it right. I could make a few points but I don't really want to get negative because I'm delighted with how we played and the result today.

I'm pissed off it's taken 5 games to do it but he's finally got it right. I could make a few points but I don't really want to get negative because I'm delighted with how we played and the result today.
Be specific, what did he do wrong? And what did he do right?

Right now, it's a simple paradigm; one that only becomes apparent AFTER the game, with hindsight...

Manager does stuff, team loses...he got it wrong
Manager does stuff, team wins...he finally got it right

The system creates possession and chances...it's still up the individuals to finish them

Moyes simply contained us for the first half - West Ham actually had the best chance of the half, but Paqueta failed to pull the trigger.

In the second half he allowed his team, who are playing more football than anyone in the league mind, to press all over the pitch. This forced mistakes from us and it resulted in good opportunities. The second goal in particular highlighted how West Ham had got into our heads and made us jittery.

So Moyes basically schooled Ange and has laid the blueprint for everyone else to follow. Let Spurs blow themselves out first half and then take advantage in the second.

We will be lucky to get Europe this season and my money will be on WHU having a more successful season.

Hmmm you copied this post word for word...

Back
Top Bottom