Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahaha.....:roflmao:

Who would have thought ...:levylol:

Buying younger talents with potential is the only transfer strategy that works for us.

Players like Udogie, Sarr, Van De Ven, Vicario, Kulusevski etc have been a lot better for us than super expensive donkeys like Richarlison and Ndombele. Spending massive money is not a guarantee of anything, if anything the more you spend on an individual player the more likely they are to flop.

I’m happy for Ange to continue looking at hungry, lower profile players with a high ceiling rather than trying to buy ready made elite players. The current strategy is correct for where we are as a club right now.

Buying younger talents with potential is the only transfer strategy that works for us.

Players like Udogie, Sarr, Van De Ven, Vicario, Kulusevski etc have been a lot better for us than super expensive donkeys like Richarlison and Ndombele. Spending massive money is not a guarantee of anything, if anything the more you spend on an individual player the more likely they are to flop.

I’m happy for Ange to continue looking at hungry, lower profile players with a high ceiling rather than trying to buy ready made elite players. The current strategy is correct for where we are as a club right now.
nothing wrong with buying elite like leao or osimhen actual players we need

agree with the younger players tho

Not long ago people were bewildered at how Brighton kept unearthing gems and playing great, high energy football.
The secret is good scouting & that’s it really.
Our highest profile signings, even going back to Bobby Soldier have been very disappointing in the main.
Money has been spent, but it’s been squandered on a lot of flops that we will struggle to flog for peanuts.

If we get the right profile players under this manager, then I’m very optimistic about the future.
People shouldn’t immediately assume that a cheaper player is a cheaper option if the cheaper player is what Ange wants.
He wanted Johnson and got Johnson. He wasn’t cheap. It’s on Ange to coach him into his style

I’d say that whatever the man wants, provide it for him. He doesn’t come across as a spoilt cunt who wants the most expensive of everything and appears extremely reasonable.
Whilst the recent results, city aside, have been dogshit, I’ve seen enough in the first part of the season to trust Ange to get this right as long as he is listened to and his words acted upon from the playing staff up to the board.

Not long ago people were bewildered at how Brighton kept unearthing gems and playing great, high energy football.
The secret is good scouting & that’s it really.
Our highest profile signings, even going back to Bobby Soldier have been very disappointing in the main.
Money has been spent, but it’s been squandered on a lot of flops that we will struggle to flog for peanuts.

If we get the right profile players under this manager, then I’m very optimistic about the future.
People shouldn’t immediately assume that a cheaper player is a cheaper option if the cheaper player is what Ange wants.
He wanted Johnson and got Johnson. He wasn’t cheap. It’s on Ange to coach him into his style

I’d say that whatever the man wants, provide it for him. He doesn’t come across as a spoilt cunt who wants the most expensive of everything and appears extremely reasonable.
Whilst the recent results, city aside, have been dogshit, I’ve seen enough in the first part of the season to trust Ange to get this right as long as he is listened to and his words acted upon from the playing staff up to the board.

Hear, hear!

How many goals do you have Vic at fault for?
I'll have to watch a video of all goals conceded to jog memory. Not that I have watched all the goals Raya has conceded either. Just that if we are going to make a judgement in less than half a season, they've conceded fewer than anyone else in the whole league and are top of the table. Their goalie couldnt have done that bad.

Youve said Dembele was overrated. I think I can safely disregard your views on player ability.

Being over rated has nothing to do with ability and more to do with perception of the common opinion, you bozo.

Top players can generally be over rated.

Your insantance in saying one keeper is better than another keeper because he let's in less goals is just general piss poor playground stuff.

View:

You win with elite players. Spurs have gone from having Harry Kane as the focus of the team to making a manager and his system the focus. That won't sustain success in the top six.

tha GIF
The comments from so many criticising Ange and current results.

We are 15 games in. Loads of injuries. He's only been able to play his best team in 10 of those.

We have too many square pegs for round holes. And people criticising how it is.

The performance against West Ham was disappointing in the second half, no question, but across the last five games, it hasn't been terrible and in many we should have been out of sight. It's not like Jose, Nuno and Conte. It will come together.

The comments from so many criticising Ange and current results.

We are 15 games in. Loads of injuries. He's only been able to play his best team in 10 of those.

We have too many square pegs for round holes. And people criticising how it is.

The performance against West Ham was disappointing in the second half, no question, but across the last five games, it hasn't been terrible and in many we should have been out of sight. It's not like Jose, Nuno and Conte. It will come together.
Yeah i was just messing.

I couldn't agree with you more regarding how things have been.

I can't wait for VDV, Bentancur and Maddison to be back

Look how city have struggled as soon as Rodri is out.

Being over rated has nothing to do with ability and more to do with perception of the common opinion, you bozo.

Top players can generally be over rated.

Your insantance in saying one keeper is better than another keeper because he let's in less goals is just general piss poor playground stuff.
People who resort to that sort of nonsense, usually do that when they know they are wrong. Better luck next time.

Back
Top Bottom