Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes I think I’m going to wake up and im dreaming , how can this Aussie unknown manager come to spurs the poisoned chalice and just rock up and turn us into a well drilled , resilient and fearless team!?
The crazy thing is that this is just the start !
I was hesitant at first as I’d never heard of the guy but Damn if there was ever a manager who fitted the ethos of this club it’s big Ange !
What a time to be a yid!
:ange-arms:
I fucking love this bloke. Seriously love him.

He talks sense.
Has us playing great football after only being here for '5 mins'.
The players love him.
The media love him.
The Fonz loves him.
Us, the fans, love him.

I feel connected to the team/club in a way I haven't for years.

Something huge is coming.

Interesting reading that still some folk think that Ange would be naive defensively... as though through 30 years of coaching, he would never have thought of how he needs his teams to defend whilst he plays a particular philosophy and refine it to current context, current game situations and the league that he plays in with the players at his disposal.

He'll probably never get Petr Cech/Chelsea style goal sheets - but maybe, just maybe he doesn't need to.

I love him a little more every day.

Loving I Love You GIF

Shit article, poorly written by Subhankar Mondal, described as a senior journalist.
Speculative at best, with no salient facts evident.
As for likeable, try using the description amiable instead.
Terrible article - reads like a top of head space filler.

Man City have been "monitoring" Ange from the moment he was appointed to Yokohama by the CFG. He's been talked about as a potential future City manager from that time... about five years ago.

There was even speculation he could be headhunted by Woolwich while still in Japan (they've done it before). Let that sink in for an unholy moment...

Don't think he'd take City now. He's got so much more to achieve at Spurs.

Terrible article - reads like a top of head space filler.

Man City have been "monitoring" Ange from the moment he was appointed to Yokohama by the CFG. He's been talked about as a potential future City manager from that time... about five years ago.

There was even speculation he could be headhunted by Woolwich while still in Japan (they've done it before). Let that sink in for an unholy moment...

Don't think he'd take City now. He's got so much more to achieve at Spurs.
They’re probably monitoring a dozen potential managers

"To change this type of situation that is happening for many, many years in Tottenham, it's not simple," he said. "In a short time it's impossible to do this, not only for me but I think for any manager or coach to come in and change the story in one second. This [is the] story of this club for the last 20 years."
- Antonio Conte

"Impossible" he said.

Last edited:
Realy impressed with how he handled the media question about the Bissouma send off, Says it was for simulation, Bissouma made a mistake, he's been very good for us, his team mates made sure it didn't cost us the game, and when he comes back he'll repay them .

Doesn't throw the player to the wolves, doesn't let him get away with it either, makes it known he could have cost the team the win, expects him to atone to his team mates.

Perfect.

"To change this type of situation that is happening for many, many years in Tottenham, it's not simple," he said. "In a short time it's impossible to do this, not only for me but I think for any manager or coach to come in and change the story in one second. This [is the] story of this club for the last 20 years."
- Antonio Conte

"Impossible", he said.

He was such a cunt. Stealing a living with us.

- Antonio Conte

"Impossible" he said.

Imagine people were lauding him for saying that and disrespecting our club

I can't stop this feeling of disbelief as to how fast everything has changed.

May 2023; couldn't wait for the season to end. Every match was terrifying; would our defence hold up or would there be an embarrassing collapse? We were the butt of all jokes in the media and with opposition fans, and not just the usual suspects 'Tottenham get battered...' We're out of Europe. Our best scorer was on the way out, and our second best had forgotten how to score. Our style of play was like watching paint dry. You really questioned whether a lot of players wanted to be here. We'd had 3 managers, 1 of whom publicly tore us down and wrote us off. Large parts of the fan base hated the chairman and our director of football has resigned after accusations of malpractice.

Early October 2023. We have a new manager with an attacking ethos that aligns with our club's great history. He's got the players and the fan base united behind him and deeply connected with each other. Our young new defence look like future world beaters. We have a team who are hungry and stacked with potential, and youth teams playing out of their skins and knocking at the first team's door. Our recruitment team are smashing it. We have a player leadership team who are passionate and want to change the narrative. Kane is gone but no one's that bothered. Match atmospheres are incredible. The media love us and our manager is a master at managing them. Opposition fans are beyond salty. I can't wait to see our next game. And we're top of all 3 leagues.

I know it's just a moment in time, and we still have many challenges, but this is a sweet day to reflect. Whatever happens over the rest of the season, what a turn around. What a team.

I know it's just a moment in time, and we still have many challenges, but this is a sweet day to reflect. Whatever happens over the rest of the season, what a turn around. What a team.
It is pretty amazing.

I copped a fair bit of flak in this thread back in July for talking up Ange’s appointment (and for being an Australian), but even I did not imagine Spurs would be top of the league at this point. Unbelievable, really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom