Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not that I’m getting carried away or anything but…. He’s going to end up at a super club isn’t he? How long is his contract with us?

It's really amazing how invisible the legacy of Jose and Conte is in our play.

Bournemouth were dreadful today, I don't actually think it was that outstanding of a performance, but it was a fully committed application of his ideas, and for August that's remarkable.

Truth be told the front three do not suit Ange's style of plat at all.

Richy is garbage, Kulu should never be a starter and Son is clearly past his best.

These are the areas that need desperate improvement.

Some great attacking football, with a proper creative attacking footballer in Maddison, defence is really coming together with Porro/Emerson, Romero, Van de Ven and Udogie/Davies (particularly playing Porro and Udogie together which I thought wasn't possible as neither are great defensively), in front of Vicario who looks a better and better GK and the midfield 3 from Bissouma, Maddison, Sarr, Skipp and Hojbjerg is equally strong - although waiting Bentancur's return. All coming together in just 3 games, which is remarkable - I thought it would take a LOT longer to transition from Conte ball

Attack is still a bit more of a work in progress, but more than happy to give it time given remarkable progress with efence and midfield.

One of the other big changes is subs - we've got used to them being around 70 mins and not affecting play. Today bringing on the experienced Hojbjerg for the youthful Sarr was precisely correct as was Perisic for the 'lacking confidence' Richarlison ........ just when it looked as if Bournemouth were getting on top, yet the subs reversed that and was instrumental in the 2nd goal coming. Bissouma seemed to be flagging whilst Maddison probably needed to be played safe with after his injury scare pre match so Skipp and Lo Celso coming on was the right call - although brave to have changed all the midfield - and I'd suggest Lo Celso's cameo showed why he's not a great alternative to Maddison with a weak performance.

Ange's communication skills are absolutely top notch, and I suspect as appreciated by the players as the fans ....... and I'm sure Spurs management would appreciate a straightforward reply to any question, such a change from last 3 or 4 managers.

Overall he's totally exceeding my expectations already.

I'm seriously impressed.

To be quite honest, so far the guy has been absolutely perfect

Among a million other things, the level of passing and swagger that this team has achieved already is magnificent

Back
Top Bottom