Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing I have heard Simon Jordan say a few times and I agree with is getting someone in like 'Klopp' in the sense that he bought the fans and the club with him and got them all pulling in one direction together. I do think that Ange can do this as he has the personality to do it.
From what Celtic fans have said, Ange will take the history of the club to heart so I'd be looking out for him waxing lyrical about 'the Tottenham way' soon enough.

As they go into in that TalkSport clip - we've had these elite managers post Poch that have basically seen the job as doing us a favour for circa ÂŁ15m per year. It will be refreshing, if nothing else, to get a guy in that is thrilled to be here and would bleed for the club.

No Europe, Kane possibly leaving... Honestly, this stuff looks bad on paper at first but I think it'll actually allow for the reset we've needed for years.

Let's go! Welcome big Ange!

Come On Celebration GIF by Celtic Football Club

So much here for the “hate passing it backwards and sideways” crowd.

40 seconds of football to move the ball from the GL to inside the opposing half. Mainly kicking it backwards and sideways to do it.
All the while him encouraging this play.

Possession football includes moving it backwards and sideways shocker.

Who knew eh???
When you go backwards/sideways, it should be done with an actual purpose. Sometimes it can be a progressive purpose like switching the point of attack or it could be to reset the attack if there is no forward pass.

But a lot of the criticism PEH and similar players take is because there will be a forward, progressive option and they will still go back. Or he will move the ball so slowly that the option is gone.

Back
Top Bottom