Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look lads,don't you get it, we're supposed to wait until he's successful in a ''proper'' league before we can sign him...

But I'm an impatient cunt and want to see if he can be successful in our league with us instead...To dare is to do and all that...
Sweet, well said. Can we close the thread now?

:kanehand:

What is going on in this thread

Confused Season 1 GIF by Paramount+
It's an informed debate around the pros & cons of appointing Ange Postecoglou as our new manager

TFC stylee

giphy.gif

Sorry Spurs forum people for derailing, but sweet Mary mother of Jesus, is this a Rangers supporter bleating on about bigoted refs when they hadn't conceded a single penalty at Ibrox in 50-something games? And before conceding that one, they had another stretch of not conceding for... 50-something games. It's unheard of anywhere else in professional football, but aye, must just be a coincidence! Meanwhile, their RB Tavernier has reached 100 goals for the club on account of the crazy number of penalties awarded. What a time to be alive.

The reality is - and penalties for and against both sides support this season upon season - Rangers have to be gifted constant helping hands to maintain a title race. Yet in spite of this, the RB Ange signed in January already has more trophies than the Rangers captain who has been there about 7 years. Our Japanese translator who arrived last year has double FFS.

So my suggestion would be to ignore the mad ramblings of Rangers supporters, who as a result of abject failure have become way too sad and bitter to give a view in any way resembling reality.

If you're actually naive enough to think the only way bigoted refs give a team wins is by giving them penalties, then it's clear evidence you've never actually played the game at a serious level.

Last year Rangers made it to a European final ...emmm... no bad, eh, son!

How well has Angie's, the odds on fav for Spurs manager, team performed against Euro competition, eh!

Maybe Ange-ball will be like Leeds under Bielsa: exciting but ultimately naive. But at this point I'd take it if it means he gets us back to being a front foot, attacking team. Less knocking it around sideways at the back and waiting to counter. More aggressive pressing, playing higher up the pitch.

Sorry Spurs forum people for derailing, but sweet Mary mother of Jesus, is this a Rangers supporter bleating on about bigoted refs when they hadn't conceded a single penalty at Ibrox in 50-something games? And before conceding that one, they had another stretch of not conceding for... 50-something games. It's unheard of anywhere else in professional football, but aye, must just be a coincidence! Meanwhile, their RB Tavernier has reached 100 goals for the club on account of the crazy number of penalties awarded. What a time to be alive.

The reality is - and penalties for and against both sides support this season upon season - Rangers have to be gifted constant helping hands to maintain a title race. Yet in spite of this, the RB Ange signed in January already has more trophies than the Rangers captain who has been there about 7 years. Our Japanese translator who arrived last year has double FFS.

So my suggestion would be to ignore the mad ramblings of Rangers supporters, who as a result of abject failure have become way too sad and bitter to give a view in any way resembling reality.

fascinating GIF

At least you're calling them Rangers and not that Sevco crap, I guess that's progress.

:pochsmirk:

Because the expectations have been lowered to a point now that just having attacking football is enough to get most Spurs fans on board.

It's just people trying to cope with the state of the football club, the state which Levy has left it in, a managers graveyard.

It's a logic vacuum.

We need a DOF and a structure.

Then if Ange is the best choice then fine but not because he's a big charismatic dad but because he's a great coach and good fit for the DOF and football we want to play.

Hey, there's an article in a Scottish rag saying Spurs weren't only interested in signing Angie.
They were also interested in signing wee manga boy Kyogo as a partner for Kane.

So this gif you posted of Kyogo doing one of his weekly dives is certainly relevant content for Spurs supporters intit!
:)
Is there a reason you're here? We don't visit your cesspit of a forum to whine about our rivals.

Hey, there's an article in a Scottish rag saying Spurs weren't only interested in signing Angie.
They were also interested in signing wee manga boy Kyogo as a partner for Kane.

So this gif you posted of Kyogo doing one of his weekly dives is certainly relevant content for Spurs supporters intit!
:)
The Walter Tull Memorial Trophy.

:dembelefingers:

zBw3WxO.png

Well, lads, I only came on your forum to recommend you assess Angie on his team's performances and his tactics in Europe rather than Scotland.

My last visit to White Hart Lane was in the 62/63 season when I witnessed the sublime football of White and Greaves, and the brilliant managing of Nicholson against Rangers.

Trust me, Angie, ain't no Bill.

All the best!

Back
Top Bottom