Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this bloke has a clear plan and the authority to break up the so called 'leadership group' and believes in attacking front football not just talk....I'll back him. Its a mess and sometimes light arrives from the most unexpected sources. But we need a very smart D.O.F with loads of youth Europe and South American contacts

If it is him I’m happy enough, plays great football and has players running through walls for him

Not every appointment has to be a big name to work out, this isn’t fifa

He’s got my backing until he does something that doesn’t warrant it anymore

A bit of a punt but why not?

Things have been shite since Poch lost it

I struggle to see things getting any worse than the last few seasons

When he's appointed will you leave this forum?

If he isn't I will leave this forum.

Care to bet?

Nah cause if I win you're blatantly gonna cheat

The moment the club are in a perceived bad moment you're gonna come running back to this place crying like a spoilt baby in the ENIC thread. 😆

So underwhelming at first glance but I just don’t know enough about him. Will tune in to the cup final but knowing how past managers from the SPL have done in the EPL I’m not too excited (yet).

And of course he will be the second oldest manager in the league if he comes… I just don’t get it man, after the media briefings that said we want someone young and up and coming

Nah cause if I win you're blatantly gonna cheat

The moment the club are in a perceived bad moment you're gonna come running back to this place crying like a spoilt baby in the ENIC thread. 😆

Tell me you're a bullshitting, blowhard bottle job without saying you're a bullshitting, blowhard bottle job.

Fucking levy lickers lack the minerals to back their own bollocks.

I think he will stay at Celtic and look to make them better in the champions league.

So underwhelming at first glance but I just don’t know enough about him. Will tune in to the cup final but knowing how past managers from the SPL have done in the EPL I’m not too excited (yet).

And of course he will be the second oldest manager in the league if he comes… I just don’t get it man, after the media briefings that said we want someone young and up and coming
His age belies the reality that he would certainly bring fresh tactical ideas.

He fits the “hungry, aggressive, up and coming” profile

Hi, i have been keeping an eye on this forum since Ange started getting linked to the job. My hope as a celtic fan would be that Spurs find a bigger name manager and we get to keep Ange. The more time passes the more it seems like this could be a goer.

So i wanted to let you know some thoughts.

Ange came to celtic after Eddie Howe pulled out at the last minute after months of it being a "done deal". He came in through the covid period and immediately found a scottish media desperate to hang him out dry. Majoiry of celtic fans were disappointed dropping from Howe to an unknown, but after finding out a bit about him, we willing to give him a chance (much like many on here seem prepared to do)

After a slow start, Ange pretty quickly put is mark on the team, and the football we started to play is the best i have ever seen. Better than Rodgers team, Martin O'Neill etc. He has no time for players who dont want to be at the club, regardless of reputation, he wants guys who want to be there and its a team ethic over individuals.

His recruitment has been very good, but this is due to him having a clear idea of how he wants the team to play (inverted full backs, fast paced posesion football).

What i have noticed is that better footballers excel under him and ever a lot of average players are improved.

Ange also is very good with the media, and he represents the team well, he can put out fires really well and gets everyone pulling in the right direction.

Lastly, a couple of things, The guys who run celtic, are pretty good a what the do. The Chairmans son worked for the City group for a long time (he has now joined celtic) and it was this relationship that led us to Ange after Eddie Howe (who most people agree would also have been a good appointment.

The City group know football.. Scott Munn was part of this and he will know the candidates linked with the job. Conte and Mourinho were world class managers, but from an outsider, they didnt fit the spurs model. Spurs need someone willing to make the place better, the team better and not sit about grumpy that you dont have the money Man City or Chelsea do.

I don't really care who it is now, just get them in quick. If its this guy then he needs to be appointed by middle of next week so we can get other shit moving.

He plays the football we want to see so he could end up being a hit if we get our recruitment right.

Back
Top Bottom