Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See, now this I do agree with.

Annoyed with only playing good football (albeit without the cutting edge we need) for 45-60 mins in a game.

That definitely needs to improve, and I believe it will. But we create plenty of chances, and with the right signings up front over the summer, we could be banging goals in for fun next season.
Yes but sometimes it’s even less. Brentford at home being a classic example. Really it was just 15 mins after half time. Then we went back to normal and nearly allowed them to get a draw.

Thing about long term injuries is that getting back in the squad isn’t the same as getting match fitness and sharpness back and even as they do come back, the knock on effects on rhythm and squad depth last even longer.
Just look at the burnout we can see in players that had to work extra to make up for players out through injury.
Not excuses but with a schedule like ours that had long breaks then bursts of games, it gets even harder to get players back in form and fitness. Even Villa without our issues have a similar PPG in 2024. Both teams need depth.

The stuff about teams playing narrow and deep haven’t even been a problem for us attacking, we created dangerous situations against those games every time but weren’t clinical with the last pass or finish.

Get the summer right and we will be more like the first 10 games than the last 10.
Villa have played over 50 games mate and having juggle the squad and prepare for games in a 3/4 day turnaround. Our players should all be match fit by now. We had 15 days to prepare for Woolwich after the toon debacle but it looked we were playing the very next day!

My take on his comments about 4th, wasn't that he didn't just want to finish 4th. Not that he didn't care if we did or didn't finish 4th.
100% certain he got set objectives this season and that he, and the players all have bonus payments built in for top 4. So any idea that he actively didn't care about 4th (or higher) is wrong.
It should really be a take. It seems everyone has diff interpretations on what he said. This must surely feed back to players. All he had to say was “of course we want finish and aim as high as possible in a CL place and progress as a team, that is our objective”. He keeps saying about wanting to win the PL and maintaining that standard. But fucking he’ll try to play and win games to look as if that is where you are trying to get. His remark about the caraboa as well just winning one trophy doesn’t mean anything. I mean what does he think he is? Ffs he might end up winning f all with spurs. Yet he is stringent enough to dismissing winning any trophy unless he can win 4 or 5. Is he mystic Meg!

Current squad is 25 points off, so no.

Another incremental summer of business and maybe we catch up 10 points realistically with a miracle season having us still in the hunt as long as Liverpool were.

If we sign a game changer or 2 in the forward line and midfield, I can see us in a title race. The odds of signing game changers under Levy structures are pretty low though
Need to catch up on GD as well!

Ange has had nearly 5 days every week to get these players trained in his methods (no midweek matches) next season he won't have that time
Its clear I'm in the Anfe is not good enough camp
So By Christmas he must know who is not up for his way, ( say maybe 4 players not up for his way in the first 11) So in the summer we need 4 first 11 players
So knowing that suoely he can now work on what we all see is wrong, Set plays
we can't defend set plays and we can't score from our set plays (we are losing out on say 10 goals 5 aganst 5 for)
By practicing set plays this season (no midweek football) the bulk of next seasons team know where to be on set pieces (if we are bring in 4 new first teamers)
Why all season has he played with a CF (without richy using son as a CF and we all know Son can't play CF) then against City we play a false nine system, Why has it taken Ange and his coaching team so long to try something different ?
We have coaching setup filled with people working on data and videos of players/matches, So what is that Data telling him ? or is he only shown "the emperor's new clothes data"

Who gives a fuck man.

You lot are so fucking unbearable, you can't wait to pick on everything just because it appeased your pathetic agenda.

This is basically the Levy thread, you guys will use and shred of evidence to confirm your bias, it's generally fucking tedious.

What happens if we win by 1 and our players miss a host of chances for example? Or what happens if we win by 3 goals but gey completely dominated and score all our goals from set pieces? This is the actual problem, you don't use any context, you just react to a scoreline .

And yeah well done Newcastle for scoring loads of goals but still managed to finish behind a team who's won 1 in their last 6

Just win the match, it's the last day of the season then we go into the Summer for God's sake.

Have a day off.

Heaven forbid we win a piece of silverware in a game we didn't dominate.

We'd hand back the trophy in disgust, right?

Just listened to the whole Press conference from Ange... I don't normally, but for some unknown reason I was intrigued this week!!

I like that he said he got the mood wrong pre Man City, but that he still didn't understand the stance from Spurs fans...

Well if he considered the utter conflict and inner turmoil some of us were going through, it might put a different spin on it...

I don't know how many Spurs games I've been alive for... But I've desperately wanted us to win EVERY SINGLE ONE (except for two)
That's a LOT of disappointment every time we HAVEN'T won those games, but we all still keep coming back for more... Why is that?
Because we love our club no matter what.
Win, lose or draw.

We're told to get over the losses, cos there's another game coming up, and I've learnt to deal with defeat better than I used to, that's for sure...

But my knee jerk instinct on Tuesday was hard wired to want to lose... I can't explain it, but as I say, with that game, and the one up at Old Trafford in '99 that's a mere TWO games out of an entire lifetime of support... and BOTH for exactly the same reason... So at least I'm consistent!

.that's NOT TOO bad is it mate?

Pretty sure I’ve never called someone out for doing an Australian accent before.

Probably because again, that pesky context. Being Australian isn’t a protected fucking characteristic.
Everyone does the Aussie accent for Ange...
But imagine they all did a 'ting-tong' accent for Sonny...?
They'd be (rightly) lambasted!

It's like taking the piss out of Gingers... SOME discrimination is just 'allowed'.

I'm neither here nor there tbh... Either all in, or all out
... It's the contradiction I'm not great with!

Everyone does the Aussie accent for Ange...
But imagine they all did a 'ting-tong' accent for Sonny...?
They'd be (rightly) lambasted!

It's like taking the piss out of Gingers... SOME discrimination is just 'allowed'.

I'm neither here nor there tbh... Either all in, or all out
... It's the contradiction I'm not great with!
Try to say the word 'tinnie' without slipping into Aussie.

Yes but sometimes it’s even less. Brentford at home being a classic example. Really it was just 15 mins after half time. Then we went back to normal and nearly allowed them to get a draw.

I know sometimes it’s been less. Sometimes it’s been more (first part of the season before injuries derailed us).

Failed to acknowledge that though, didn’t you. No idea why! 🤣

So I stand by my post. If you weren’t so constantly negative about literally everything and a bit less agenda-driven, your opinion would hold more weight.

Just listened to the whole Press conference from Ange... I don't normally, but for some unknown reason I was intrigued this week!!

I like that he said he got the mood wrong pre Man City, but that he still didn't understand the stance from Spurs fans...

Well if he considered the utter conflict and inner turmoil some of us were going through, it might put a different spin on it...

I don't know how many Spurs games I've been alive for... But I've desperately wanted us to win EVERY SINGLE ONE (except for two)
That's a LOT of disappointment every time we HAVEN'T won those games, but we all still keep coming back for more... Why is that?
Because we love our club no matter what.
Win, lose or draw.

We're told to get over the losses, cos there's another game coming up, and I've learnt to deal with defeat better than I used to, that's for sure...

But my knee jerk instinct on Tuesday was hard wired to want to lose... I can't explain it, but as I say, with that game, and the one up at Old Trafford in '99 that's a mere TWO games out of an entire lifetime of support... and BOTH for exactly the same reason... So at least I'm consistent!

.that's NOT TOO bad is it mate?

In the embargoed section he’s admitted he misjudged the mood and should have taken it more seriously than he did so that’s on him. I don’t know what more he can say.

He also said he’s not happy because we’ve lost 5 out of the last 6 games but he’s desperate to put that right and I expect that to happen on Sunday. I tell you what though, if something goes wrong and the players let him down then I think they’ll be no hiding place for a lot of them.

View: https://youtu.be/q-t0z2leCFQ?si=Y_vqQk5WDxnpBzBg

Just having a chuckle around the narrative that Ange doesn't understand rivalry or derbies properly. South Melbourne was the club he grew up playing with. He would have been at every single one of these derbies as a kid (and played in a few as well).

View: https://youtu.be/2iMJk5qga84?si=CO7xRlgG1sEWmOMW

Just saw those 2 teams will play each other the day before we play Newcastle. I wonder if Ange will drop in.

In the embargoed section he’s admitted he misjudged the mood and should have taken it more seriously than he did so that’s on him. I don’t know what more he can say.

He also said he’s not happy because we’ve lost 5 out of the last 6 games but he’s desperate to put that right and I expect that to happen on Sunday. I tell you what though, if something goes wrong and the players let him down then I think they’ll be no hiding place for a lot of them.

View: https://youtu.be/q-t0z2leCFQ?si=Y_vqQk5WDxnpBzBg

We 'only' had to win one of those other 4 and Tuesday wouldn't have happened...

Likewise, even taking 2 points off the Arse with a DRAW against them would've rendered Tuesday irrelevant...
So it's not like we didn't have our chances...

But we'd painted ourselves into a corner... and had no other option than to ruin our shoes!!

Villa have played over 50 games mate and having juggle the squad and prepare for games in a 3/4 day turnaround. Our players should all be match fit by now. We had 15 days to prepare for Woolwich after the toon debacle but it looked we were playing the very next day!
15 days without a game when you have long term injuries returning and no rhythm.. that’s worse. We needed games

Who gives a fuck man.
You lot are so fucking unbearable, you can't wait to pick on everything just because it appeased your pathetic agenda.
This is basically the Levy thread, you guys will use
and shred of evidence to confirm your bias, it's generally fucking tedious.
What happens if we win by 1 and our players miss a host of chances for example? Or what happens if we win by 3 goals but gey completely dominated and
score all our goals from set pieces? This is the actual problem, you don't use any context, you just react to a scoreline .
And yeah well done Newcastle for scoring loads of goals but still managed to finish behind a team who's won 1 in their last 6
Just win the match, it's the last day of the season then we go into the Summer for God's sake.
Have a day off.

violin-tiny.gif

I’ve stayed out of the Ange debate to this point but fwiw ( not a lot ) here are my views
I enjoy watching our football more than under Mourinho and Conte.
Ange has an arrogance about him which I am uncomfortable with- if you want to behave like Pep best you have a Pep like CV. Better still be gracious and engaging at all times.
When Liverpool rumours circulated after the Klopp news Ange did little to express his loyalty to Spurs or to distance himself from the Anfield role. I didn’t like that.
Our defensive record this season is hugely unimpressive, especially with Romero and VdV in the team - both of whom are individually excellent.This defensive frailty is 100% down to coaching/ tactics and is therefore entirely on Ange.
I didn’t overly care for his comments after the City game.

At this point I am not in the Ange out camp and still hope that he can deliver us a team that is both defensively solid and exciting to watch. Time will tell.
I’m going to Sheffield tomorrow, hopefully we get (at least ) the point we need.COYS.

Back
Top Bottom