Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a really smart, well put together article from a very intelligent journalist who knows ball.
He’s a total cunt who only knows how much he’s hated Ange since the day he arrived.

He was doing sarcastic Ozzie accents on podcasts even when we were flying. He has a very obvious anti spurs agenda and it’s ZERO shock to me that you like his work.

I’d be more surprised if you didn’t.

He’s a total cunt who only knows how much he’s hated Ange since the day he arrived.

He was doing sarcastic Ozzie accents on podcasts even when we were flying. He has a very obvious anti spurs agenda and it’s ZERO shock to me that you like his work.

Oh the humanity!

The article is very far from a hit piece. It’s mostly very complimentary whilst suggesting he’s probably a bit too idealistic.

Nothing in the article is wrong, whether he likes Ange Postecoglou or not.

He’s a Spurs supporter.

Ultimately he’s being paid to write. And he’s very good at his job.

And I like how you have turned into a bit of a Karen here. Must be catching!!

Oh the humanity!

The article is very far from a hit piece. It’s mostly very complimentary whilst suggesting he’s probably a bit too idealistic.

Nothing in the article is wrong, whether he likes Ange Postecoglou or not.
First para was a total hit piece. No doubt he feigned an attempt to appear balanced from there but he's already told the reader how he feels and implied the reader was with him if they continued reading.

To be fair to Ange if I picture the club staff strolling around the state of art facilities that we fans paid for, joking about throwing game and acting like they're on holiday already then maybe that would fuck me off too.
There is something in that clubs with rotten culture inside like Man U nowadays or us tend to fail whilst if you can built a strong culture around the club like Klopp menaged to do at BVB and brought it to Liverpool then it can lift the team. Or look at Croatia national team over the years- talent yes but also a great unity and pride and responsibility in every player and coach they have, culture around their team helps them overachieve time after time.
Fine by me to have a big clear out this summer if he can identify the bad apples.

He’s a Spurs supporter.

Ultimately he’s being paid to write. And he’s very good at his job.

And I like how you have turned into a bit of a Karen here. Must be catching!!

Liew is different when it comes to Ange. He uses his platform to forward a personal agenda. It dates back to his Celtic days.

No issues with being a Karen about calling that useless waste of column inches out. There are thousands of younger, more professional journalists out there that would kill for an opportunity to cover the sport from his position and no doubt 99% of them would act in a more professional manner than Liew does with Ange.

Worth a read.
This is spot on. He encouraged exactly the mindset he is now making out is so offensive to him. We have to be honest about what is happening, and any sensible critique of Ange Postecoglou has to be honest about the good and the bad. He has promoted feels over pragmatism and it went sour. I mean be honest, has anyone ever seen anything as bat shit as that first game against Chelsea? Nine men and open like a 24hr Kwiki-E-mart. Yet at the end it was like Oscar night with hugs and pats on backs and talk of pride. You reap what you sow.

Last edited:
Liew is different when it comes to Ange. He uses his platform to forward a personal agenda. It dates back to his Celtic days.

No issues with being a Karen about calling that useless waste of column inches out. There are thousands of younger, more professional journalists out there that would kill for an opportunity to cover the sport from his position and no doubt 99% of them would act in a more professional manner than Liew does with Ange.

And none of them would have the flair for writing Liew does, the ability to make articles about the sport an experience for the reader. His prose is brilliant, far and away the best of any sports journalist.

Exactly what I thought. Yes, we are a strange set of fans but the bloke can't have it both ways. And in a game with am outcome that could have had huge ramifications.

Not one Spurs fan enjoyed Tuesday's experience

Staggering that Postecpglou went on the attack as opposed to empathising if not agreeing.

He might live to regret it.

Literally, there were fans in here were saying they enjoyed it and it was funny.

Some of those are the same fans who quote Bill Nicholson yet I never quite remember the ends of all those quotes where he said 'except if Woolwich might win the league'.

We are all custodians of the club - not one of us has any claim to it greater than the other. It was here before all of us and will be here after.

I just think at a game, a home game at that, you shouldn't cheer the other team scoring.

Back
Top Bottom