Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The people dismissing the importance of us not taking points off City must live under a rock.

Even if you don't live in London and don't have links to any real life gooners, the media wank fest over the next few weeks would have been sickening. Images of open top bus parades and then a whole summer having to listen to what a special team they are. Followed by a whole season of them as defending champions. Technically this could still happen and that would be a whole year of pain to endure.

If WE had been the ones to hand it to them it would have been decades of pain. Someone mentioned it earlier but they would immortalise Son as their hero and sing songs about him had he stuck that in. It would have been horrible.

And what gets me most is that there is no chance in hell that Woolwich would have done the same if roles reversed. They would have rolled over and had their bellies tickled. We experienced this ourselves in the Leicester season but people are quick to forget!

If you wanted us to win that game, you're not actually Spurs sorry. You might think you are but you've outed yourself. A few on here have been exposed.
Imagine waking up 30 years from now having still won nothing, but remembering with misty eyes that one year that you lost a match to (probably) prevent Woolwich from winning the league.

Fucking yes, GET IN!

:nunothumb::adethumbup::mourthumb:

Last edited:
If true, you can see exactly why that lit a fire under him!
I understand, but I don’t really sympathise.

The irony is, the fans’ desire to lose was a logical extension of the position he holds himself.

He’s continuously dismisses meaningless achievements. Top 4 means nothing. Second place, who cares?

He said it himself ‘I just want to win’.

Well, we’re not winning fucking anything. So if we’re not winning anything of value, the next best thing is to stop our rivals winning.

But, in a plot twist, all of a sudden, a game versus City is a battle for the very soul of this football club! Now, everything is on the fucking line!

Get pumped by Newcastle? Awkward mumbling to camera. Ship three to Fulham? More mumbling. Bummed by Chavs? Yeah, we’re disappointed mate. Three down to the Scum? Coughing. Four to Liverpool? Blank stares.

The bloke is behaving like a child.

Anyway, he’s made his position clear. We need to change our expectations.

Very fucking well. You win now Ange. No excuses. Starting with Sheffield. Hammer them.

And keep a clean fucking sheet too.

Apparently we need to earn his respect. Well he can fucking well earn mine too.

Any smart manager would have ignored him. He's marked himself out now, and will continue to get heckled because he's shown he can be got. And for some, that's the goal.

Heaven help him if we start slow next season.

I remember a couple of seasons ago at Anfield when the Dippers were getting the better of City and Pep was getting heckled by the Dipper fans standing right behind him!

You could see that he was getting major stick but no reaction whatsoever and Ange could take a lesson from that!

But his ego is too big!

I can do it in Japan and I can do it in Scotland so what can the PL teach me?

Mate!

lol 😝

The irony is, the fans’ desire to lose was a logical extension of the position he holds himself.

He’s continuously dismisses meaningless achievements. Top 4 means nothing. Second place, who cares?

Well, we’re not winning fucking anything. So if we’re not winning anything of value, the next best thing is to stop our rivals winning.

But, in a plot twist, all of a sudden, a game versus City is a battle for the very soul of this football club! Now, everything is on the fucking line!

Get pumped by Newcastle? Awkward mumbling to camera. Ship three to Fulham? More mumbling. Bummed by Chavs? Yeah, we’re disappointed mate. Three down to the Scum? Coughing. Four to Liverpool? Blank stares.

Very fucking well. You win now Ange. No excuses. Starting with Sheffield. Hammer them.

There's a world of difference between the fans urging a defeat and actual backroom staff doing so.

Would Pep allow it? Fergie? Klopp? Even Legohead? It wouldn't be tolerated.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

I remember a couple of seasons ago at Anfield when the Dippers were getting the better of City and Pep was getting heckled by the Dipper fans standing right behind him!

You could see that he was getting major stick but no reaction whatsoever and Ange could take a lesson from that!

But his ego is too big!

I can do it in Japan and I can do it in Scotland so what can the PL teach me?

Mate!

lol 😝
It’s probably nothing to do with ego, it’s temperament!

Some people can ignore abuse, others can’t and snap!

Fully understand. And agree.

But he took it out on the fans.

Error.
Yeah sure, but it's probably shortened his fuse hearing it around the training centre all week and he's human. I'm not even sure he meant to take it out on the fans as has been interpreted.

Storm in a teacup, a hopefully once in a generation event and I'd rather just let the last week fuck off frankly.

Any smart manager would have ignored him. He's marked himself out now, and will continue to get heckled because he's shown he can be got. And for some, that's the goal.

Heaven help him if we start slow next season.
Maybe, although more likely this reaction was down to a unique situation and the internal issues alluded to, and under normal circumstances he'd be back to just shrugging off any stick he might get.

It’s probably nothing to do with ego, it’s temperament!

Some people can ignore abuse, others can’t and snap!

It’s both mate!

PL way too big for him as it was for Brenda so he’s back where he belongs and doing well!

Ange should try for the Rangers job when it becomes available

This ‘taking it out on the fans’ angle is getting frankly ridiculous!

If some people are genuinely offended by his ‘both inside and outside the club’ comments then I’d love to see how you survived in a construction site environment! You’d be eaten alive! 😂

This whole debacle is getting blown out of all proportion by some right drama lamas! 🙈😂

If some people are genuinely offended by his ‘both inside and outside the club’ comments then I’d love to see how you survived in a construction site environment! You’d be eaten alive! 😂

This whole debacle is getting blown out of all proportion by some right drama lamas! 🙈😂

So let’s just stick to the fact that he’s out of his depth and been found out!

The people dismissing the importance of us not taking points off City must live under a rock.

Even if you don't live in London and don't have links to any real life gooners, the media wank fest over the next few weeks would have been sickening. Images of open top bus parades and then a whole summer having to listen to what a special team they are. Followed by a whole season of them as defending champions. Technically this could still happen and that would be a whole year of pain to endure.

If WE had been the ones to hand it to them it would have been decades of pain. Someone mentioned it earlier but they would immortalise Son as their hero and sing songs about him had he stuck that in. It would have been horrible.

And what gets me most is that there is no chance in hell that Woolwich would have done the same if roles reversed. They would have rolled over and had their bellies tickled. We experienced this ourselves in the Leicester season but people are quick to forget!

If you wanted us to win that game, you're not actually Spurs sorry. You might think you are but you've outed yourself. A few on here have been exposed.
i think they done the double over leicester that year? but the circumstances were different. they didnt play them at the end where beating them would've handed us the league so its different.

yea this has been an eye opener. its made you realise how many 'fans' havent actually got a fucking clue. bunch of self righteous tosspots who think they are teaching us how to be winners hahahah. fucking pathetic cunts. as another poster perfectly said "they aint spurs fans, they just follow a sports team".

Last edited:
I was firmly in the "want to win" camp for last night, and was gutted when Son didn't do his 1v1. But anyway, I respect the point re the rivalry, just don't think it's enough to make me want Spurs to lose. I will say those Spurs "fans" who celebrated in the stadium for City were complete bellends and have a small man loser mentality.

Anyway, good that we now have Radu in the team and VdV as an option at LB.

We need Olise and Eze, or similar.

Ange deserves our support for 10-15 games next season to show us a side that is pulling together, playing well, and on for some cup runs and a top 4 finish.

This squad should have been top 4 this season. Unacceptably shite since the new year.

Roll on Sheff United. We need Europa and a win to end on!
Heaven forbid we don’t get the win v SU on Sunday and chavs get 5th. If that happens then I seriously think it could be good bye Ange. How can we go from being top after 10 games then in top 4 for so long to 6 to a team who were 14 points behind I think abd have been shite ravaged with injuries. They also got to cup final.

I’m not offended. At all.

But if he’s going to talk himself up like this, he needs to deliver. His self confidence is absurd. Mumbles, says cryptic stuff and then says ‘I just want to win’.

So go do it.

Back
Top Bottom