Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any other manager would be ridiculed for this and yet people are defending this and blaming players, fans anything other than the obvious, the bloke is woefully out of his depth.
He has to come to grips that opponents in this league are much much more clinical than the j-league and Scottish league. If he cant adapt, he is really out of his depth.

I am fairly pro Ange, or in the camp that he needs another season to see what he's about,at the very least, but...
That rant was not one from a manager that sees the himself here for much longer. Maybe i totally read it wrong, but that's how i saw it.

Hope i am wrong.
wouldn't be at all surprised if Slot isn't confirmed at Liverpool and Ange has had some sort of communication with them tbh.

Tottenham can't win trophies when the refs are anti-Tottenham, the same refs that Ange doesn't wanna talk about. Michael Oliver didn't want to give a clear, blatant penalty, VAR had to challenge him. Liverpool are allowed to kick the ball off a player's head at over 6 feet and kick the the player in the head - no foul. Spurs' goalie fouled by teams since man.City started it in the FA Cup and Howard Webb has said it was ok, but in other matches the ref gives a foul. Bentancur was clearly hacked down by Matty Cash and injured and had to go off yet the ref and VAR didn't punish it. Even Andy Goldstein said on Talksport they should give a retrospective red card for that foul. But nothing said from Ange.

If he's gonna moan about the fans he should start defending the team from the referees who are deliberately working against this club, and brush up his history and knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur coz I think he knows little about Spurs.
Yes. Ignoring the anti-Spurs conspiracy nutjob stuff some go on about, Ange's "we'll just cop it mate" doesn't appear to serve us well

Hopefully its emotion speaking, but got the same vibes. Our last game is quite important in that sense, I could easily see Ange moving on if we don't perform and he blames it on the 'weak mentality', while fans blame his lack of ability / understanding. Ultimately think the silver lining of our sht run in is that it exposes our weaknesses and allows us to work on covering them (versus thinking we are in great shape with a 4th and shtting the bed next season)

It doesn't matter what other managers said before, we are here now not living in the past.

I don't think is being blow out of proportion, he behaved and said things not suitable for the club. He may have an agenda or not.

It's the manager's job to create steel and backbone in the squad. yesterday's rant is not helpful at all.

The fanbase is here to stay forever and are used to such antics. Owners, players and managers come and go.
We’ll have to agree to disagree as I don’t think he said anything to bring the club into disrepute.

Storm in a tea cup.

Why did you come on a football forum and decide that you only want to read bite-sized posts? It's three small paragraphs, ever read an article before?

It's not twitter. Stop being a baby.
Not just that, but has to performatively announce he's not reading it. So childish.

Supporters don't create winning cultures, players and managers and owners do.

During covid and the stands were empty, City were still dominant, they have the most plastic fucking fans known to man.

You think the scum have good supporters that have made Woolwich title challengers? They are some of the biggest melters in the league.

It's bullshit deflection, HIM and the players have had the ability to do the job for months and they have failed, the only person that should be getting the blame for failing to secure top four and putting us in a position where we have to want our team to lose so our rivals don't win the league is the manager, the players and the board, that's it, end of discussion.

Saying there are issues "inside and outside" the club is pure deflection, outside the club has nothing to do with them failing to do their jobs, the supporters have been right behind Ange all along, even clapping that fucking TURGID display against the chavs, if anything the only thing you can level at our supporters is the acceptance of mediocrity but that's been ingrained in the culture from the top after decades of failure.
You might be right in that it is the club that first and foremost drives a winning culture, but you’re also being unfair on a manager in his first season in charge. We’ve seen the good and the bad, and now it is time to give him a chance next season to see if we can improve

You are all acting as if Ange and the players wanted to lose these last recent games. They tried and were outclassed by better teams at the moment. Unfortunately it led us to this shit scenario. We need to give him time to reshape the squad to his liking, and stick him to his word

We’ll have to agree to disagree as I don’t think he said anything to bring the club into disrepute.

Storm in a tea cup.
Yes but I think that is because of Ange. This whole furore is because of his immature reaction and odd comments. West Ham fans have said exactly the same and Moyes made a joke about it instead getting up his own arse.

(Don't bring up the remote possibility that we could have got top 4 as making it different - that is not Ange's point)

5 Losses in the Last 6 games is unacceptable yet all the media are talking about is how Ange feels let down as some of the stadium were happy for us not to win?
Don't get me wrong there are some positives to take in the way we played last night , however Football is a results game and anything but 3 points on our last game and a good performance to go with it then Ange will be gone before Christmas.
As someone once said, "It's a journey." If that journey ends with Woolrich not winning the title it's hard not to agree with someone who is happy today about the result.

Back
Top Bottom