Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s the only thing you do ffs. Do you just come on to moan? There’s a lot that annoys me about Ange but I’m not like you that I have to find a fault with everything about him. We get it,you don’t like him. We all like a moan but not at everything and sometimes in life you’ve got to look for the positives. It must be a right fucking hoot in your house at Xmas.
A shocking turn of events I tell ya.

Like I said, we could do with you on the pitch with the amount of defending you're willing to do, just not tomorrow, still touching all the same.

Btw, I notice you haven't replied to the post I made above addressing, granted somewhat accurate, accusations of being a miserable cunt.

I could have accepted his point of view had he not simultaneously downplayed the importance of the match against the Arse. That's where he went wrong because it translated on to the pitch being 3 nil down at half-time, at home, with zero shots on target against an Woolwich that sat back. He lead us directly into this situation. He's conspiring to make us pull off the most Spursy thing we could ever do that would never be forgotten.

No thanks, I won't eat shit and like it.

He is a temporary manager and we are permanent fans. We have to live with the outcome of this well after he eventually fucks off. He should learn to read the room and not answer every question as an inspirational quote.
100% spot on mate

taken us to 5th doesnt tell the full story tho. weve got worse as the season has gone on. people saying earlier how much more the scum players work in getting back to help defend..thats what happens in a happy camp where everyone is on board. it looks like hes lost belief from the players imo.
You're right and wrong...we started well and have tapered off. Teams like the the Chavs and Palace have done the reverse and probably don't want the season to end just now but the season lasts for the 38 games and with 2 games games to go we could yet end finish 7th or 4th and that will be the time look back at the season as a whole.

100% spot on mate

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

After giving his famous motivational speeches against Newcastle, Chelsea, Woolwich, Fulham and Liverpool recently I’m hoping Ange has another cracker for the guys tomorrow.

You got this big man.

Just used co-pilot to generate a summary of this page.

:harrylol:

The web page you’re viewing is a forum thread from “The Fighting Cock,” which is a Tottenham Hotspur fan forum. The discussion revolves around the performance of Tottenham Hotspur’s manager, Ange Postecoglou, and the team’s recent match against Woolwich, referred to colloquially as “the Arse.” Here’s a breakdown of the key points:

Managerial Critique:

• Postecoglou’s Approach: Some fans are critical of Postecoglou’s public statements, feeling they downplayed the importance of the match against Woolwich, which they believe translated into a poor first-half performance where the team was 3-0 down with no shots on target.
  • Fan Sentiment: There’s a sense of frustration over the possibility of the team doing “the most Spursy thing” which would be a significant negative event that would be hard to forget. The term “Spursy” is a colloquialism used by fans to describe the team’s tendency to fail in a way that is characteristic of the club’s history.
Defensive Opinions:

• Support for Postecoglou: Other fans defend the manager, arguing that he couldn’t publicly admit to expecting a loss and that criticism should be more balanced, looking for positives as well.
Team Performance:

• Season Overview: The conversation touches on the team’s performance throughout the season, noting that while they started well, they’ve tapered off. However, there’s acknowledgment that the final standing will only be clear after the last two games.
Fan Interaction:

• The thread includes typical fan banter, with some users calling out others for being overly negative or for not responding to previous posts.
This summary captures the essence of the fan discussions on the forum regarding the team’s management and performance

You're right and wrong...we started well and have tapered off. Teams like the the Chavs and Palace have done the reverse and probably don't want the season to end just now but the season lasts for the 38 games and with 2 games games to go we could yet end finish 7th or 4th and that will be the time look back at the season as a whole.
yes exactly, chelsea and palace are going into next season buzzing, we are the complete opposite.

the freshness of a new season wont last more than 3 games if the front 3 isnt drastically improved anyway.

hes just alienated a whole bunch of fence sitters with his latest PR blunder anyway. so its going to be even tougher for him now.

yes exactly, chelsea and palace are going into next season buzzing, we are the complete opposite.

the freshness of a new season wont last more than 3 games if the front 3 isnt drastically improved anyway.

hes just alienated a whole bunch of fence sitters with his latest PR blunder anyway. so its going to be even tougher for him now.

Imagine thinking for one second that what he said was a 'PR blunder' or that he's alienated a 'whole bunch of fence sitters'.

Anyone with a brain (so not you) knows he had to say that in public. He can't say he doesn't want to win...

Sorry...what PR blunder?

Sorry...what PR blunder?
saying spurs fans need counselling if they want city to win....clearly doesn't understand the rivalry.

it was only 5 years ago their fans were willing to lose their europa final if it meant us not winning ours...theyve never even won a uefa cup!! its understandable! thats what makes football what it is! you might as well watch womens football if you dont get it.

Imagine thinking that he could have said anything other than what he did in public.

Swear to god we have some absolute buffoons in our fanbase.

He can not say in public that we're going to lose the fucking game, can he. We and he would get done.

Andy Day Face Palm GIF by CBeebies HQ

Quote where I said he should say we will lose? Quote where I even said we should lose? I'll wait..

Who is dumb enough to believe he would set us up for failure in the first place? Read carefully and don't put words in others mouths.

He did NOT have to go out of his way to jest about anyone in the fanbase needing medical intervention for not wanting us to win. That's him being hyperbolic as usual because he has to be "Big Ange" in front of a bunch of microphones. That's a flippant disregard for the position that the fans feel they are in which is due to his actions which I have already outlined in my original post. It's not the first time he has been ridiculously flippant in press conferences I. E. "fuck corners, mate" and it won't be the last. He is outwardly tone deaf. So to quote you he actually "could have said anything other than what he did in public". There's a million ways he could have articulated what he wanted to say but he chose the one that would get him approval from a bunch of journalists and not the fans that pay his salary.

saying spurs fans need counselling if they want city to win....clearly doesn't understand the rivalry.

it was only 5 years ago their fans were willing to lose their europa final if it meant us not winning ours...theyve never even won a uefa cup!! its understandable! thats what makes football what it is! you might as well watch womens football if you dont get it.
Ah right, not sure I agree his words being a PR blunder but I do disagree with him.....any cnut who cheers the opposition scoring at our home game needs shagging with a ragman's trumpet, bollocks to the counselling.

Can't imagine any situation where I'd want us to throw a game (besides the fact it is cheating) and to follow their lead from 5 years ago beggars belief.....why would I want to align myself with those cnuts?

That doesn't mean I wouldn't take some solace from a defeat if it meant they lost the title as a result of it and I'd happily rub it in as a salt to their wound even if it is nothing more than a pyrrhic victory.

That is not what I said at all.

But for clarity, I doubt the manager and players will attempt to put in anything other than a professional performance.

BUT my point was, even if he did want us to lose, he would absolutely not be able to say that in public.

Hope that fucking clears that up for you. 😅

Don’t bother replying btw. My patience with dealing with stupid posters has reached its limit for the day.
So you're dumb enough to actually believe he wouldn't want us to win? He not a fan, he's the fucking manager

Yeah tbh, the manager should have come out and said we're going to throw the game.
dont be a fucking moron! no ones asking for him to say that are they! you dont come out and say fans need counselling over their hatred towards the scum! he would of been wise to say "i get where the fans are coming from, theres venom there, but we have to do our best to win as thats our job" some bullshit like that.

downplaying the rivalry with the scum would lose him fans simple as that, it certainly doesnt gain him any does it!...actually it does gain him some....Woolwich fans will love him.

It’s the only thing you do ffs. Do you just come on to moan? There’s a lot that annoys me about Ange but I’m not like you that I have to find a fault with everything aboyt. We get it,you don’t like him. We all like a moan but not at everything and sometimes in life you’ve got to look for the positives. It must be a right fucking hoot in your house at Xmas.

Imagine what it’s like at bus-conductor bus-conductor house

Beat him at cards and he wouldn’t pay up!

Back
Top Bottom