Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going unbeaten for 14 games at the start of a season isn't a new manager bounce?

Ok.

Mate you can't use the term new manager bounce to sum up their ability if they repeated the consistency again later in the season, if you remain consistent then it's more than a new manager bounce which is a lazy term anyway, it suggests that the players had some ability.

Unless you think bounces last a season...

Mate you can't use the term new manager bounce to sum up their ability if they repeated the consistency again later in the season, if you remain consistent then it's more than a new manager bounce which is a lazy term anyway, it suggests that the players had some ability.

Unless you think bounces last a season...
They didn't go unbeaten for that long again, so they didn't repeat that same consistency. Then they fell off a cliff next season.

It's not that different from Utd that season when Ole came in and they went 12 unbeaten.

Do you not think that was a manager bounce either?

They didn't go unbeaten for that long again, so they didn't repeat that same consistency. Then they fell off a cliff next season.

It's not that different from Utd that season when Ole came in and they went 12 unbeaten.

Do you not think that was a manager bounce either?

Look at their form, tell me how the fek is that a bounce.

They went on a run at the start of the season, lost form for a few matches then picked up form again, a bounce would indicate that they performed well for the first few months then dropped form throughout the season

How long do you think bounces last for? 😆

The irony is that you can apply that bounce term to Ange's first season with us more than Emery's season with them

Look at their form, tell me how the fek is that a bounce.

They went on a run at the start of the season, lost form for a few matches then picked up form again, a bounce would indicate that they performed well for the first few months then dropped form throughout the season

How long do you think bounces last for? 😆

The irony is that you can apply that bounce term to Ange's first season with us more than Emery's season with them
I'm honestly surprised you wouldn't consider winning 7 games in a row at the start of a season to be a new manager bounce. Especially when we saw what happened to them the following season where they completely fell off a cliff.

First season and he taken us to 5th.....that's a big achievement considering Kane went who got the team kicking and screaming vital goals.
Let's see who he brings in transfers in the summer and what his plan is...if there is one or if his tactics are game by game.....but it'll sure be exciting.
Can see Maddison coming back to form at the start of next season aswell
I don't remember which journalist that said it. But we've kind of had the opposite season to what everyone was expecting.

Going into the season I think that most were expecting a rocky autumn half and a more stable and impressive spring once the tactics settled. Instead we did the opposite of that.

Cannot complain with 5th or even 6th for that matter after last season.

I'm honestly surprised you wouldn't consider winning 7 games in a row at the start of a season to be a new manager bounce. Especially when we saw what happened to them the following season where they completely fell off a cliff.

It is but that wasn't your point and I have no idea why you're attempting to move the goalposts when you said this:

They had a new manager bounce under Emery where they went unbeaten for like 10 games which is why they got fifth.

The bounce wasn't the reason they got 5th hence look at their results throughout the season, you're being disingenuous.

high chance they do considering we cant break down teams that sit deep.
I have plenty of criticisms of this team but this is a strange hill to die on considering how many games we've won late where teams are sitting back. Go look at how many goals we've scored after the 80th minute at home, pretty much all of them match winning goals, all against teams parking the bus, probably only exception being Brighton who we caught on the counter.

this guy is lost
lots of us said last few weeks play dragon at Ch and move VDV to left back (had lots of time to train once doggie was out for season) but no wait till last few mins of the game to try it
can't get the players up to better Burnley
Not much hope for me, if he's here next season will be another waste season

It is but that wasn't your point and I have no idea why you're attempting to move the goalposts when you said this:

The bounce wasn't the reason they got 5th hence look at their results throughout the season, you're being disingenuous.
I'm not trying to be disingenuous, the bounce was just a throwaway comment I made as a potential explanation for why they might've finished 5th. I didn't even check their results when I posted it. Maybe it was the reason, maybe not. I don't know where they would've finished without it.

My main point is that their team was shit, I think you can see that by looking at the players they had.

I'm not trying to be disingenuous, the bounce was just a throwaway comment I made as a potential explanation for why they might've finished 5th. I didn't even check their results when I posted it. Maybe it was the reason, maybe not. I don't know where they would've finished without it.

My main point is that their team was shit, I think you can see that by looking at the players they had.

ok

I have plenty of criticisms of this team but this is a strange hill to die on considering how many games we've won late where teams are sitting back. Go look at how many goals we've scored after the 80th minute at home, pretty much all of them match winning goals, all against teams parking the bus, probably only exception being Brighton who we caught on the counter.
ive watched enough minutes with us having kulu/johnson/son as a front 3 and us never looking like scoring if a teams parked up. needed defenders to score the goals today.

if this is our front 3 next year we will finish below crystal palace!

Back
Top Bottom