Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on, something that is also unbelievable is clowns on here almost excusing the incompetence as he's "learning on the job", "gaining experience" etc.

Since when is the job of a Prem manager used as work experience?? Are we running an apprenticeship scheme no one is aware of, if so why do tickets still cost as much as they do?

Useless yes man who will be disposed of when it's suitable for the higher ups instead of when it's actually suitable for the team which would have been ages ago.

The likes of Dier coming out and saying Postenoclue does no tactical work in training is damning enough was rubbished at the time but as a player who worked under the likes of Poch, Jose & Conte, looks to be spot on.

Plenty of premier league clubs have taken on managers with no previous managerial experience.

Let alone no premier league managerial experience which is his own particular learning curve.

4. Letting Davinson Sanchez go after the window shut. We all knew his limitations on the ball but he is rapid as fuck and was MOTM against Barca in pre-season. Selling him left us with Dier and Davies as our back ups for a high line system. Utterly batshit, & predictably the season fell apart as soon as our starting pair got injured.

5. Playing the EXACT same formation every single game irrespective of personnel available or the opposition. Zero in game adjustments.

6. Zero minutes to youth products despite having the best performing U21 team in the league.
yep. would be sheer madness to not be majorly concerned by now after what weve seen so far.

theres people talking about him taking us down! im not that extreme on him but i can see where thats coming from. the only reason im not worried about that is because if we have a terrible first 10 games i think a manager coming in with this squad would easily survive...as long as its not mason!

Pep,Klopp,Emery,Ten Haag,de Zerbi,Ireola,Glasner
Edwards,Frank,Kompany all didn’t have PL experience but have all had different results. Only Pep and Klopp has done anything so far out of that lot.
He said Prem level experience. The "worst" managers on that list came up to the Prem with their teams and are not currently at top 6 clubs.

I'm finding it really, really uncomfortable to watch tbh
He just comes across as some random bloke plucked off the street and stuck in front of a TV camera to answer questions on something he knows very little about.
Painfully uninspiring. Someone mentioned Avram Grant, earlier. Easy to see the connection.
Streuth c'mon maaate, I'm happy we tried to play our football even though we were 4-0 down and out of it by the hour mark.

What's our football? Passing it to fucking death in our defensive third? Great.

Mourinho?

I’m not going to compare him with lampard or someone like that.

Bloke has managed at the World Cup and in the CL. I think he’s earned his right to stand on the touchline.
You wouldn't entertain the thought of the North Korea manager being given a chance here cos he's managed his own nation at the World Cup so not sure why it matters here.

The key point you seem to be somewhat intentionally missing is this managers lack of experience at the Prem level, not the Prem itself specifically. There's no justification for a manager who's experience consists solely of the Australian, Japanese and current Scottish leagues to be given a chance at this level with a team that supposedly has serious ambitions.

If you want say we're not a serious team with serious ambitions and should accept mediocrity then that's fine and we can move on but you can't have it both ways.

Plenty of premier league clubs have taken on managers with no previous managerial experience.

Let alone no premier league managerial experience which is his own particular learning curve.
You say this and then proceed to name the below managers:

Ten Haag.
Klopp
Tuchel
Wenger
Ferguson.

Has to be a wind up surely.

Back
Top Bottom