Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Case in point:

View: https://x.com/gioothfc/status/1787238210935927000?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

This happened countless times and at times even creating 3v2 only for one of the forwards to turn it into a counter attack the other way.

Oh no not another delulu twitter account who think a team learning how to press high is some tremendous achievement even though nothing else is working.

Ange has a 45m forward he picked, Son and a player he apparently likes up top. Do we need another what, 200-300m on forwards to make mateball function?

My big worry is that it's very likely we start the new season in the same way we finish this season.

We've seen it before with Ramos and even Poch .

Fuck knows now whether to stick or twist.

:levystare:
I think this team can suddenly switch to being a really good team again with a few adjustments/signings. But you know the Woolwich loving premier league will give us a really difficult start to try and ramp up the pressure. I’m expecting Woolwich, Chelsea Newcastle away early on

I’ve said previously if we’ve the same issues this time next season, which if is the case he probably won’t be our manager anyway, but let’s just say October, November time and we’re still huffing & puffing then we should consider a change and then take another two steps back

Problem with this is it wastes yet another season and any replacement manager would want a pre season.

Does anyone genuinely think Ange is going to take us to silverware? Playing this open gung ho style of football when we have teams like Pep's City in this league? It's kamikaze football he's trying to play with inferior players and we all know that we won't ever have the best players in the league because we don't buy them.

It saddens me to say but we need to copy the blueprint of Arteta and Woolwich, look at their side and they aren't full of world class players but he's bridged the gap because their system is impeccable and they are so well coached and defensively organised. Ange is never going to set us up like that even with three seasons of time given to him, his system is too open.

I guarantee other coaches are rubbing their hands together when they see us next to play because they know we will give them so many opportunities to score.

We've seen this movie before, we will start next season exactly how we are finishing this season, and the penny will finally drop with the fans, the board etc but it will be October, Levy will have to make a rash replacemenet decision and it will be another season in the bin.

We will massively regret not getting rid of Ange this summer and the saddest part of it will be it will show that the people in charge of the club like Levy and the board will be clueless.

If we proactively make a change in the summer, I'd be reassured that Munn, Levy and the board actually have some sense about them.

Employ someone who won't take us to the championship. That's where we're headed if e stick with this idiot.
Yet... in his first season we are nowhere near the championship.

If we sack him we will be doing the same thing next season.

The culture at the club needs changing, it's the managers fault why the season before went to shit in players minds.... It's a perfect excuse for the never ending unaccountability.

There is a serious problem at the club... It's all a bit too nice someone needs to rip it up I think Ange Postecoglou has the right idea and personality to do that.

Oh no not another delulu twitter account who think a team learning how to press high is some tremendous achievement even though nothing else is working.

Ange has a 45m forward he picked, Son and a player he apparently likes up top. Do we need another what, 200-300m on forwards to make mateball function?
Johnson is shite and always starts. Werner is injured/shite. Solomon is injured/shite. Kulusevski is out of position. Richarlison is dropped and should be starting. Son and Maddison are our best goal threat and are out of form and benched. I don't know what is happening with Lo Celso but he doesn't get enough minutes to find out.

But overall, yes. Our players are hardly the quality and form of De Bruyne, Haaland, Foden, Salah, Luis Diaz, Saka, Palmer, etcetera... we need top players to win the league, not this mid-table shite.

I'm just more concerned about the summer being spent buying up players other top 6 clubs don't even sniff at. Nobody with any aspirations should be looking at players like Johnson and Werner, no wonder we're such a joke.

I mentioned some names a few pages back: at this point my preferred choice is Marco Rose from Leipzig. He’s not flawless either, but I think he’s one of the better upcoming managers from Germany. Why do I think he’d be a great fit? He’s managed Salzburg and got some decent results in Europe, he managed Borussia Monchengladbach and got them to a Champions League spot (after which Gladbach never finished top 4), he managed Dortmund and he finished 2nd with virtually no backing from their board (think it was the last time Dortmund finished 2nd) and at Leipzig he’s doing a pretty decent job aswell.

Maybe Frankfurter Frankfurter can provide some closer to home input about this manager.

Other names: Marco Silva, who’s done quite well at most clubs he’s managed in England (probably less so at Everton), has Premier League experience and from what I heard from Fulham fans, he’s improved even their fringe players.

Amorim, but I am a bit unsure because I think we’d have to transition again to a slightly more defensive style. I am not saying it’s full blown defensive, it could be a good idea to have a balance between attacking and defending. What concerns me is his lack of experience outside Portugal.

A decent shout could be Potter too.

Also haven’t heard about Gallardo lately, is he still without a job? Could be a wild card, similar style of football as Postecoglou from what I heard, but more flexible on the tactical aspect.

Yes, I think the managers I mentioned above would. Would they actually do it? Now my friend, that is the million dollars question. If we had a way to see the future, then we’d probably take decisions about Postecoglou already?

The managers will rightly get praised when things go right and criticised when things go wrong. Not sure why this is so baffling to you.

I’d say people have refrained from criticising Postecoglou for quite a bit despite shit football. If this was Conte, people would start moaning much earlier.

However, if managers show some promising stuff while going through a crisis, then you’d be right to question melters. However, this crisis has lasted 4 months now. This is not a crisis, it’s a pattern.

Yes, he is. Conte was considered to be the main issue last season when we played like shit and got knocked out by Milan. Why wouldn’t Postecoglou be in the same boat? Lol.

Conte was considered an issue because he never once gave the impression he wanted to come to Spurs let alone stay and build success at Spurs.

Conte was considered an issue because he never once gave the impression he wanted to come to Spurs let alone stay and build success at Spurs.
Which is bullshit because the reality is when he was ranting about giving away a 3-1 win at Southampton he was caring more than what the likes of AVB ever did.

Completely lost faith in him. His not giving a fuck attitude now infuriates me. He just looks like a guy who knows the gig is up and that he’s been found out for what he really is, which is a well below average football manager who is ridiculously out of his depth.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't most of the fanbase rubbing one out over Paratici?

Don't tell me all of a sudden the narrative is they are Ange's picks? Fuck me.
I doubt any of them were Ange's picks for what it is worth.

My point is that someone else usually selects the transfers and their suitability for the team or the manager is just one of the governing factors.

Emerson Royal was bought for Nuno by (Hitchen?) Paratici or possibly somebody else.

Royal finds himself being today's whipping boy and this is a recurring situation under multiple managers.

I doubt any of them were Ange's picks for what it is worth.

My point is that someone else usually selects the transfers and their suitability for the team or the manager is just one of the governing factors.

Emerson Royal was bought for Nuno by (Hitchen?) Paratici or possibly somebody else.

Royal finds himself being today's whipping boy and this is a recurring situation under multiple managers.

Manager's shouldn't be picking players, that's an old skool way of thinking.

Manager's shouldn't be picking players, that's an old skool way of thinking.
I see.

So it's trendy to get cuffed in back to back games and presumably acceptable too as long as the 'philosophy' is sound?

I must apologise for thinking this was a supporters forum where expressing an opinion at odds with the mysterious systems administered by the miser was acceptable.

Thank you for setting me on the righteous path.

Tugging my forelock to you as I type.

Remove my name from the SPG's banning order please.

My time in the ENIC correction facility has cured me of my renegade ways.

The forwards aren't good enough for the system
Then we've got a problem, because that means we have to spend big on upgrades. Son, Johnson, and Richarlison aren't inexpensive players, or even bad ones. So if the answer is we've got to have better forwards it implies we're going to have to throw some serious money around on upgrades. Spurs being Spurs, how likely is that?

Back
Top Bottom