Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GMQwDgWXUAAVScr

He doesn't believe in defense. All title winners have a strong defense. He's clueless.

He has said it is the attacking part that needs work. With his approach you accept the risks at the back to create more at the front. We are accepting the risks but we aren't doing the front part.
The attacking part is a huge issue. We have a clear reluctance to whip crosses in because our targets are severly undersized. No combination of Son or Richarlison is taking us where we need to go. A striker is going to be an obvious priority in the off season.

for those that think is guy should have another season tell me where our defending has improved ? even with udogie I don't see any improvement over the season, we had most midweeks off so coaching the players should be spot on, But thereoesn't seem to be any coaching going on from what we see week to week

He needs a top quality front three for his system to work.

He needs an attacking coach in his set up, not Ryan Mason.

He needs a set-piece coach.

If any of these aren’t achieved by the start of next season, it’s over before it has begun.
I suspect Mason is being forced on him.

Totally agree. That's why I dont really care if he goes. The most important thing this summer is we buy some good players.

For who though. Modern football is all about style, one player might suit one style of football might not suit another. For example Walker-Peters and Royal are probably about the same level but Walker-Peters probably fits how we want to play more than Royal hence there was a link to him.

You can’t just buy good players you need to have a manager who plays a certain way. The other manager who plays like Ange who was on the market was Arne Slot and Liverpool have just grabbed him. If Ange leaves and we get another manager our transfer plans are some of our players go in the bin.

To highlight the issue on set pieces. Our XG was 2.6 compared to 1.5 for them.

If the match was replayed you'd want it to look exactly how it was played.

Angeball isnt the issue, defendball is. This is obviously going to be looked at over the summer, as our woes in front of goals will.
But Angeball is how we defend, he wants this schoolyard style of play ( everyone charge forward then get back as quick or slow as you can)
Angeball + school playtime football

What’s your point? Ange will get backed lke arteta? :levylol: . You could be right but I think you are being very naive & optimistic
I’m not making a point , stating a fact Arteta has been working since 2019……..our coach in situ less than a year ……Will he get backed fuck knows, Levy & the board will have a better idea of that but if they believe in their manager they will have too.

Back
Top Bottom