Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've now resorted to belittling our league campaign to make a point?!

A league campaign that has already seen us play City, United, Liverpool and Everton in 9 games. Where we've only lost once and shown a yearned for, for decades, solidity at the back.

Jesus wept.

Take the 4-1 out the mix?! Why? Just to make a point would you abandon our greatest performance of the season.

Fuck sake.

giphy.gif

Last time I looked we have 4 wins from 13 games....is that somehow impressive ?

Yes we have the joint best defensive record, yet have 14 teams in the league who have scored more than us....

In fact. Take the 4-1 out of the mix and we have scored 7 goals in 8 games, is that something I should be proud of ?

Because we have drawn over half our games in the league is no achievement. You can go all season and not lose with 38 draws and you would go down !
Interesting point.

Trust me friends, I just went through all our league games and took all the goals out of the mix. And let me say something... it doesn't look good for us!!! :dier:

They are very much hit and miss this season ... sometimes awesome, sometimes really poor

Best players are Okaka (in superb form), Praet and Defour. Weakest links are the wingbacks and defence in general atm. Their absolute star player, Suarez, is coming back from a very long injury and hasnt found his form yet.

But dont underestimate the fact that they are a proud team, and against opposition with fame and reputation they always try to show their worth.
Tielemans fit?

Alli has already proven more than capable
Has he? He's played well, but he's not changing games in my opinion. He's doing well for a young lad but nothing more than that. Certainly can't be expected to carry the weight of the team on a European away day.

Onomah is a big lad with strong runs and a certain workrate and he was already in countless match day squads.
He's totally unproven at senior level. Again, like Alli, cannot be expected to make the difference on a Euro away day, nice as it would be.

both Kane and Chad needs to sit this one out
Why? We played on Saturday at lunchtime, so they can't play come Thursday evening less than 250 miles from N17?

This new perception that professional athletes cannot play 90 minutes of football more than once a week is getting out of hand. It's been happening for decades, and seems to only be a problem for English teams, who feel the need to rotate their entire squad for European competition.

Anyone in our team who is incapable of playing Sat -Thu-Sun needs to have their multi-million pound contract torn up. It's getting ridiculous and seems to be the norm to assume this is completely unfair and unreasonable to ask our players to play twice a week. It's really not.

Davies turning in good performances???

:walker-scream:

Shining start???

A flukey goal from Eriksen, a bad miss from Eriksen, another bad miss from Lamela?

N'jie was a disaster up top!

Who would you have played up top?

Levy fails to back the manager yet again, and you're all over the manager. Squad doesn't look so strong now does it? Blame the manager? This shit has been going on for years. What is the constant? To me it's fucking obvious.

As for Collymore, it has little to do with the discussion of whether a player is fatigued or not.
What he is though, is an ex-pro, who can speak from experience, whilst all we can do is speculate and get caught up in the modern day media frenzy that dictates playing more than twice a month is bad for a footballers' legs.

It was refreshing to hear someone finally buck the trend and remind us that, actually, these guys have some of the best medical staff, fitness coaches and doctors available monitoring them, and I'm confident Poch would rather lighten a player's training regime to keep him fit for a midweek game if he felt he was fatigued than keep him working at 100% making him unavailable for the actual match.

Again, I could be wrong, but tell me -

Should we qualify for the Champions League, will you be encouraging Poch to drop Kane for the Wednesday night game against Atletico Madrid because he's tired from the game against Swansea played on Saturday? Because quite frankly, midweek football is part and parcel of football, and it isn't realistic to expect to make wholesale changes and still be successful in all competitions.

It's funny how N'Jie comes on, up front against Man City and looks fantastic, yet after tonight he is "Not good enough to lead our line" and "Might be better than Townsend one day".

The boy is young and raw, we all knew that coming in. He will have good games and bad games, but writing him off after he's played what, 300 minutes for us? That's just nonsense. The same goes for Trippier. Has barely kicked a ball for us this year but "Should be nowhere near the team" when all season everyone has been calling for the not so bad Kyle Walker to be dropped.

This forum is full of melting wankers who need to learn about the big picture, not the last 90 fucking minutes where nobody played good.

Eriksen looked a bit shit last night. Should we just sell him?

:dembelefingers:

Does anyone seriously question why Kane needs to sit out this game? Did you see our last, say, 3 games?
I do. He's a footballer, and an athlete. He should, and probably is, looking forward to play come Thursday. If he's that knackered, he should've been pulled out of the two dead rubber Euro games. In fact, I think he WOULD HAVE if that's what our fitness team thought was the case.

He might improve, simply because at present he is completely knackered.

I don't suggest resting him because he is low on confidence but because he is visibly drained.
You can keep making excuses for him, but he's 22 years old and only broke into our squad last November, therefore he hasn't even played a continuous 12 months of football yet and he's absolutely knackered come mid-October into a season where he did have a pre-season break as England crashed out of the U21 Euros very early.

Add to that the fitness that Poch drills into his players, I really have no reason to believe he needs a couple of weeks off.

Listening to Stan Collymore talk about this on TalkSport last night and I agree with him, after playing on the weekend, you'd be absolutely buzzing to play midweek, and the on the weekend again. It's their profession, it's what they do. Any player that would rather sit on the bench doesn't have the hunger or desire to succeed at this level. That is not Kane.

All we need to do is win our home games and we qualify top.

We're also unbeaten in the league since day one.

Yet here we are with a bunch of premenstrual tarts thinking one loss away to a decent side in a shitty European comp with a weakened side is the catalyst to demand change...

...wankers.

Watching their goal again and for me, one of the most criminal things Trippier does is hold his arms behind his back. The Sevilla defender did it yesterday for the De Bruyne goal and Ivanovic has been guilty of it this season.

Fuck knows why they do it, It just screams "go on I'll let you have a go", plus there is no way you can be as balanced with your arms trapped behind you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom