Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah tonight was very disappointing, we should have beaten them, it was ludicrous how much space there was in and around their box

In the periods where we are clearly bossing it, we really do need to put our foot down on teams throats, its cost us a fair few points already this season by scoring and just easing off.

I put a bit of blame on Poch. This is not 'Poch out' mind you.

This was a game that we did not need to win. A draw would have sufficed. One point from an away game, and keeps Anderlecht at the bottom. Excellent outcome. Of course winning is even better.

Could have parked the bus, sit deep and play counterattack. The young inexperienced defenders could also do with some additional help.

But that goes against Poch's 'football philosophy'.

Well, let's just get to it.

We are simply not good enough for wins. However, there are some amongst the rest that are truly awful.

1. Townsend. Absolutely useless, as per usual. All you have to do is compare him to the Anderlecht winger that came on and assisted their winning goal. He is not fast enough, continues to run into blind alleys, has no shot on him, he looks Championship level. If not for injuries, he should never play again.

2. Trippier. What was he supposed to be good at? Assists? The man is absolutely useless. Walker without the speed, so as useful as a whore with STDs. Has been outclassed in all of his games so far for us. It's not going to get any better. He hasn't a brain and him on Townsend on the right is suicide. Neither runs to the byline, neither crosses, neither does anything well. Replace him with someone from the Academy. The boy really looks like the Burnley material that left them relegated.

3. Njie. Needs to get fit. Looks like a malnourished nomad wandering aimlessly from Africa to Europe. Gets beaten, cannot hold up the ball, not sure what he's doing really. You'd think it would be hard to be worse than Kane at the moment, but Clinton did a splendid job of the race to the bottom.

Beyond those, Kane, once again showing nothing of anything he achieved or learned over the last season. Selfish, continually running offside and wasting great chances. No idea how he will come good without good coaching.

The rest of the team, well, I'm not exactly sure how they will compete for anything. All of them just go anonymous when the going gets tough. Eriksen, Lamela, Davies, Dier all disappeared. It seems to be the case that every time we have someone injured, they are the saviour. Dembele has certainly been a lot better after he came back, let's hope Mason, Son and Bentaleb do the same. God knows how much we need this team to challenge each other. It's rather awful watching. We should just be able to beat Bournemouth this weekend, but it will take some firing up to get any points against Woolwich, West Ham and Chelsea.

I am no longer disappointed or angry either. There is no reason to get emotional when your level is just not as good as you perceive to be. As another posted said, why aim for fourth when our level is Europa group stages. This is practically our first team already as it is. We laboured to beat Qarabag, and were toothless against both Monaco and Anderlecht. We are continually beaten when we get out of the group stages.

The team is young, yes, but there is no excuse to have lunkheads like Townsend or Trippier playing. Furthermore, some players really need to be talked to or coached. Is that not what you're supposed to do Pochettino? Seems some of the players continue to make the same mistakes game after game i.e. Kane without having any repercussions.

It's late here, so good night chaps. No use getting worked up, just accept the reality of our level.

jesus. u lot hate melts but not stop talk about them.

can u kindly start a new thread called anti-melts & then continue to list what u hate about melts & all the reasons u guys are so much better than them.

ok guys. u are great non melts. better than everyone else. we get it. congrats.
the cards in the post
jon-stewart-confused-what.gif

Yeah tonight was very disappointing, we should have beaten them, it was ludicrous how much space there was in and around their box

In the periods where we are clearly bossing it, we really do need to put our foot down on teams throats, its cost us a fair few points already this season by scoring and just easing off.
get used to it. its what happens when u have 1 out & out striker.

Really annoyed with that result. Striker problem is being highlighted in the worst way. Injuries not helping our current situation tho either.

I'm pissed off. But we move on. And anyone melting over tonight can kindly fuck off.

All we need to do is win our home games and we qualify top.

We're also unbeaten in the league since day one.

Yet here we are with a bunch of premenstrual tarts thinking one loss away to a decent side in a shitty European comp with a weakened side is the catalyst to demand change...

...wankers.

Not wishing to melt but they're not a decent side just workmanlike with a cpl of decent players.

We made them look a lot better than they are.

Our finishing in front of goal was awful and not just Harry but our defending was amateurish and they cd have had a scored more.

So then there is the midfield, all too often going from side to side with no penetration.

Townsend shd never play for us again and add Trippier and Davies!

Crap players assembled by a crap manager who gets a decent performance 1/10 but that's ok!

:pochbye:
:levystare:

Would the last person to leave the Lane pls turn out the light!

I don't know how 'arry managed to keep a straight face after watching that garbage!

:harrylol:

Alright I am melting......

I'm not screaming for poch's head or saying we should even consider it but I believe that's now 4 wins in 13 games in all competitions and at a guess id say at least half those games we have failed to score more than one goal, if our defence goes to shit we are really in the crap

We won 3 out the next 4 after that game including Woolwich... yeah average..
And then what? We had our weakest league finish in 5 years last year (and the year it was worse 5 years ago is when we were in the CL). We scraped 5th last year partially on luck and could've easily finished 7th.

Point is, every team has a barn stromer against a top side now and again. It doesn't automatically mean the team, the manager or the club is suddenly the dog's bollocks. I'm just trying to be realistic...and as a fan of a good few years so should you be.

And then what? We had our weakest league finish in 5 years last year (and the year it was worse 5 years ago is when we were in the CL). We scraped 5th last year partially on luck and could've easily finished 7th.

Point is, every team has a barn stromer against a top side now and again. It doesn't automatically mean the team, the manager or the club is suddenly the dog's bollocks. I'm just trying to be realistic...and as a fan of a good few years so should you be.

Ah I see we finished 5th on pure luck.. OK..

I'm not screaming for poch's head or saying we should even consider it but I believe that's now 4 wins in 13 games in all competitions and at a guess id say at least half those games we have failed to score more than one goal, if our defence goes to shit we are really in the crap
it seems its all about staying unbeaten rather than winning.

i dont get it. 3 wins & 3 loses is a lot better than 6 draws & staying unbeaten.

Back
Top Bottom