Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to disagree there, if he wins the EL this season he will be our most successful manager in my life time.

Yeah since I've been supporting the club (1989 onwards) I've seen 1 Fa cup win and 2 league cups :mourcheeks:

So to win the EL, or even the FA cup, would make Jose top of the tree for me to

Or you're still upset from when I called you right wing gammon?

Is that when you were losing another argument ?

Let me guess something political you didn't agree with and rather than debating it like an adult or trying to understand/accepting someone else's opinion you resorted to the Liberal way and called him a racist, gammon, nazi or whatever.

Still you won the argument though right, well done champ.

Is that when you were losing another argument ?

Let me guess something political you didn't agree with and rather than debating it like an adult or trying to understand/accepting someone else's opinion you resorted to the Liberal way and called him a racist, gammon, nazi or whatever.

Still you won the argument though right, well done champ.
Whoa buddy I'm a commie not a liberal.

Marx. Tanguy. Spurs. In that order.

Well if we had the better squad and still couldn't catch Little Leicester then surely the reason we didn't win the league isn't to do with Levy not investing enough in the squad, as like you have agreed we had the better squad then the PL winners.......
If you go player for player there were probably 3 or 4 teams with better squads than Leicester. They had some kind of voodoo working for them.

Yes, i think Jose will win the league within the next 3 seasons.
We are so used to thinking of Levy as a constant and the manager as disposable, maybe the future will spring a surprise. Levy will go/Enic sell, Mourinho will stay, Bezos will buy. Who knows! Then the league is a big possibility.
But I can't see us competing for the PL without huge investment in players and that won't happen under Enic. Mourinho's been bought in to steady the ship and win the FA cup or, if lucky, the Europa.

If you go player for player there were probably 3 or 4 teams with better squads than Leicester. They had some kind of voodoo working for them.

A favourable club psychologist...

Adderall
iu

Last edited:
We are so used to thinking of Levy as a constant and the manager as disposable, maybe the future will spring a surprise. Levy will go/Enic sell, Mourinho will stay, Bezos will buy. Who knows! Then the league is a big possibility.
But I can't see us competing for the PL without huge investment in players and that won't happen under Enic. Mourinho's been bought in to steady the ship and win the FA cup or, if lucky, the Europa.
The NFL connection would be a plus for Bezos, if we could get a franchise to relocate to London that might do the trick. The speculation was that the Carolina Panthers would be the team to move, Bezos could buy them and us with his small change.

Hi everyone! I’m Portuguese and a Benfica’s fan. Almost every day I came to this forum just to read the opinions and discussions about your club. I absolutely love Tottenham, always been my favourite English team. Now that Jose sign for you I didn’t miss a single game. Decide to register after seeing the three episodes of the series at Amazon. Omg that was just incredible, I can’t wait for the next ones. The athmosphere of the club is amazing, love some players at the squad. You have no idea how much I loved the Benfica’s sign of Jan, honestly when I see him, I couldn’t believe my eyes. He is one of my favourite centre backs for the last years, absolute class player. When his contract was over I just hope he could come for us but really never believed it. We needed so much an experienced centre back to pair with the Portuguese best centre back at the moment, Ruben Dias. They will make one of the best duos over the last years for sure, complement each other so well!
I need to tell you guys something. Saw too many people criticising Jose but believe in me in this, if you support him, support the team, I can assure you that you will win titles! And let’s be honest, Tottenham need titles! I loved Pochettino but think he was not so ambitious. How can a team be so many time without winning titles not even try to win an intern cup?
Mourinho will make everything to start winning that, he will transform the mentality of the team and the club from a nice club to an ambitious and winning titles club. Ok, premier league is too difficult for now, Jose also know that. So for sure he will make everything to win the Europa league and the England cups. Ok he is not brilliant in his style of play, I agree. But he knows what is needed to do to win, he knows how to extract the best of each player and use it to win! But please, just give him time! How many time and money Klopp needed to win? How many time and money Guardiola needed to win? Mourinho came with a squad full of injuries, with no confidence and let’s be honest, some bad players (Gazzaniga, Aurier, Davinson, etc) and did the job he could do, just trying to recover them. Let him buy some players to fulfil his ideas, give him time and Tottenham will give the next step for sure.
Talking about the squad, you have to sell some players to buy others. In my opinion should sell Aurier, Ndombele (weak mentality), Davinson or Foyth and Rose. You need a titular left back (Alex Telles will be the perfect fit), maybe one centre back (Boly, Diego Carlos, Upamecano, Umtiti), a defensive midfielder (Danilo Pereira, Matic, Declan Rice) and a sub for Kane (Callum Wilson, Mandzukic, Dembele), that’s just some ideas.
Well, that’s my first post, I will try to give you a perspective from the outside and participate. Sorry for some mistakes in my English.
Btw, Gedson could become a nice RB, or just a box to box, don’t try to make him a winger please, he doesn’t have that capacity. In Benfica now, we would have been at the bench or titular at RB (our RB are awful). Thanks!
What a great first post. Welcome to the mad house.
You just have to remember never to disagree with me, and we'll get on fine.
:mourthumb:

PS -I still can't get used to seeing the lovely Jan in another club shirt, miss him so much 😢

Honestly, in review, I think it's a crock of shit.

Things I wanted to see important things like the squad's reaction to the CL final defeat, the management's reaction to the defeat, first day of training etc. nothing. More fucking interested in some guy who worked with Mourinho having balloons on his socks and Dele trying to work out how to brush his teeth.

It's staged, it's edited and for those who think they are getting some sort of "inside scoop" I bet the inner workings of a football are little like what we've seen.

The only good thing to come out of it in my opinion is that Harry Kane is clearly the person and worker we all knew he was.

6 out of 10 for episode 1, 3 out of 10 for 2 and 3.

Oh and hasn't Mourinho got a fascination with "Big balls"

Don't disagree with the rest of your post really but there is a difference between closing out, say, at home to Burnley when you're 3-0 up and playing nice stuff and away at the champions elect. Getting to finals/semi finals and not winning was our Achilles heel under Poch - it happened too many times to be a fluke. Something wasn't quite right but it might have as much to do with the mentality of our squad rather than any failings on Poch's part.
Our league form always suffered when we did well in cup competitions, the difference is, we would win the flippin' thing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom