Alfie Dorrington

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From those lips he looks moles better than dier, Dav, jasphet and co. Fuck it put him citeh fine it last season with a youngster. He eats up the ground when running with the ball and has a great pass. Doesn’t matter how old or what level but if you are pinging passes up fiend whilst under pressure then he should be able to do in first team
No offense, but you can't judge whether an 18 years old CB is ready for the EPL by watching 2 minutes of highlights from academy games.
No, I am NOT saying Dorrington is not ready but to adjudge that - fortunately - need much more extensive scouting than a 2 minutes highlight video.
Did you understand how well Dorrington reads the games and positions himself during games, how alert he is, etc., etc.?
Again, there is a huge gap between the U-18 & U-21 most European leagues (top divisions) are better than the academy leagues in England.
It's tough to make it to the EPL - which is why so few academy talents makes the grade.

So he must be ahead of Dorrington.

Choice of 2 England u19 centre backs. Its common (but sad at the same time) that the one bought is more publicly known and therefore is often selected in front of the one coming through the youth system ...... but I'm hoping that Dorrington is also given opportunities. Both are clearly talented and we are lucky to have both of them

Great ball, but what the fuck was that press! I thought the whole clip was gonna be him taking the piss out of their attackers baiting them to come to him

It think the Chelsea youth team is a low block boot and run team or at least looked that way in the recent game. Chavs have had great youth teams for years but seems to have dropped off just as we have got our act together.

At the moment he is not as good as Phillips. Ange has said he wants another CB so I currently can't see a clear path for him. Maybe a loan in January?

At the moment he is not as good as Phillips. Ange has said he wants another CB so I currently can't see a clear path for him. Maybe a loan in January?
Would definitely need to pick the right team if he was go out on loan, someone who plays possession based and plays out from the back.

Back
Top Bottom