Alfie Dorrington

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s almost 6 feet 4 inches. Big fella

Think we are going to have to get used to these type of CB’s. VDV will be the model but Kelly who we wanted is big, Philips is big and Dorrington is big.

All of them are quick players as well. The high line and 1 v 1 Centre Backs.

Think we are going to have to get used to these type of CB’s. VDV will be the model but Kelly who we wanted is big, Philips is big and Dorrington is big.

All of them are quick players as well. The high line and 1 v 1 Centre Backs.
Yep. If you have the combination of height, pace, skill and 1v1 defending you’ll be sought after

You'll never know how good a player is watching them at that level. It's when they take the step into first senior football that you know.
I would like us (club coaches) to identify the better ones in their age groups sooner and maybe send them out on loan more at 18 or so. Let's see them properly. If they hold up, bring them back in and coach them here.
We seem to do it arse about face, keep them around until they're about 21 then give them a few games and find out they need experience and struggle to loan them. our youth players all seem to end up 21-23 years old and neither here nor there.

Feels like a lack of strategy to me.

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

You'll never know how good a player is watching them at that level. It's when they take the step into first senior football that you know.
I would like us (club coaches) to identify the better ones in their age groups sooner and maybe send them out on loan more at 18 or so. Let's see them properly. If they hold up, bring them back in and coach them here.
We seem to do it arse about face, keep them around until they're about 21 then give them a few games and find out they need experience and struggle to loan them. our youth players all seem to end up 21-23 years old and neither here nor there.

There was a loan strategy in place which worked ok until Poch joined as manager and he scrapped it - despite the likes of Kane coming through it.

Since then Mourhino started to revive it, but he left and Conte did f all.

This summer we have about 3 players on loan - clearly far too few.

That has to change, and I'm hoping that will be a priority for Ange and the possibly incoming new DoF, starting in January and then next summer to get the loan system properly running with maybe 8 or even 10 lads out on loan ..... after a gap of almost a decade as there are enough good players in youth system to do that.

Up until Christmas I'd like to see the youngsters training with first team and a couple on the bench in many matches, and if appropriate sub appearances - that will show potential clubs that Spurs trust their youngsters and they are safe to be loaned.

There was a loan strategy in place which worked ok until Poch joined as manager and he scrapped it - despite the likes of Kane coming through it.

That has to change, and I'm hoping that will be a priority for Ange and the possibly incoming new DoF, starting in January and then next summer to get the loan system properly running with maybe 8 or even 10 lads out on loan ..... after a gap of almost a decade as there are enough good players in youth system to do that.

Up until Christmas I'd like to see the youngsters training with first team and a couple on the bench in many matches, and if appropriate sub appearances - that will show potential clubs that Spurs trust their youngsters and they are safe to be loaned.
I think the timing is critical. If a player shines at U19 then that's the time to test them in mens football. Even league 2 is better than playing training ground games at U19 level to see if they hold up.

But we wait and wait and wait.

We should play him in the Carabao Cup, give him a chance.
😂

We can’t loan out many young players atm because we have to loan out players we don’t want, nobody wants to buy like Ndombele and Reguillon.

Should have done. But not with 8 other changes.
Hopefully we get a league 2 team in the FA Cup 3rd round, but we'll probably get Liverpool away.
Obviously not quite the same but our u21s will have 3 games in the EFL trophy group stage, 2 games against league 1 teams and 1 game against a League 2 team. First game is in a couple of weeks

From those lips he looks moles better than dier, Dav, jasphet and co. Fuck it put him citeh fine it last season with a youngster. He eats up the ground when running with the ball and has a great pass. Doesn’t matter how old or what level but if you are pinging passes up fiend whilst under pressure then he should be able to do in first team

We can’t loan out many young players atm because we have to loan out players we don’t want, nobody wants to buy like Ndombele and Reguillon.

No club in the Championship or League 1 would want or could afford Ndombele or Reguilon. Youngsters have lowish wages but vast potential which those clubs have a chance to see players who might become the next big thing.

There are plenty of clubs who will take young potential stars - Chelsea have been doing it for years allowing them to develop their youngsters and selling on many of them whilst keeping others in their first team, whilst in the last decade Spurs have not done that which is now giving us HG issues with the first team squad and a need to buy squad players where those positions could be filled by Spurs youngsters with some playing experience.

Back
Top Bottom