Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plymouth have just become my team to watch in the championship. 2of our best young players at one club.

Just had a look at some Plymouth player stats, some of their midfielders seem to be really underperforming.

They also just terminated an Everton player loan.

Devine should get a lot of minutes at a much higher level than before. Looks a great bit of business from the club for his development.

PWDLFAGDMGPtsPPG
19Plymouth2779114446-290301.11WDDLDD
20Birmingham2778123243-1175291.07LDLdLD
21Huddersfield27511112745-1872260.96DLWLLD
22Sheff Wed2764172144-2365220.81WLLWWL
23QPR2756162239-1761210.77LLLdLL
24Rotherham2739152451-2775180.66

WTF is MG?

Big FA Cup soon.

Saturday 20th January
CHAMPIONSHIP
Plymouth Argyle15:00Cardiff City
Saturday 27th January
THE FA CUP
FOURTH ROUND
Leeds United15:00Plymouth Argyle
Seems to be Goals for + against.
Plymouth seem to score and concede a fuckload.

TBH, I was a bit concerned that Port Vale would be a bit humpy over the recall but glad we haven't burned any bridges and we could go again with other loanees.
It has coincided with them bringing in new players on loan so I imagine it was a case of "heads up, we'd like to send Alfie to the Championship in January, better look for a replacement" instead of telling them out of the blue.

Shows you how good he was when they're dropping an 8 minute goodbye for him when he was only there for half a season.
Fair play to Vale, been really good with both Devine and the other England youth loanee they had. Gave them lots of opportunities and game time but were also sensible and rested them when they had a lot of matches over a short period (both had a couple of extra games with England u20 in Nov). Fans also really good with them and didn't get on their backs when Vale's form dropped a bit. Hopefully clubs on good terms after recalling because wouldn't be a bad place to send players like Donley in the future.

Plymouth have just become my team to watch in the championship. 2of our best young players at one club.

Just had a look at some Plymouth player stats, some of their midfielders seem to be really underperforming.

They also just terminated an Everton player loan.

Devine should get a lot of minutes at a much higher level than before. Looks a great bit of business from the club for his development.
Was at univeristy down there in the 1990's and its a great city and good footballing team. Really pleased we have players going there. The coach was with Gerrard for a short while in Saudi but seems to want to play good football.

Hope him and Phillips do well there.

Fair play to Vale, been really good with both Devine and the other England youth loanee they had. Gave them lots of opportunities and game time but were also sensible and rested them when they had a lot of matches over a short period (both had a couple of extra games with England u20 in Nov). Fans also really good with them and didn't get on their backs when Vale's form dropped a bit. Hopefully clubs on good terms after recalling because wouldn't be a bad place to send players like Donley in the future.
If we have a few clubs who we have a good relationship with and set up and play in a similar fashion to us then we can develop good relationships that benefit both clubs.

Plymouth Argyle manager Ian Foster on Alfie Devine joining the club on loan:
Alfie is a player I’m really familiar with. I've known Alfie since his Wigan days, when I was working for the FA. We had a lot of players coming through the pathway at Wigan.
When selecting Alfie for England teams, he played a year up, which shows you the level of confidence I have in him, in terms of his ability and his character.
Bringing him here was a no-brainer in terms of knowing what I'm getting from the person and the player. I know how talented he is, I know how hard working he is, and it gives me a little bit of a head start because he knows the role and he knows exactly what I'll be asking him to do.
Regardless of the shape, he understands the principles of play. He's a really versatile attacking midfield player. He can play in advanced midfield roles, and he can also play in that deeper role as well.
He can handle the ball in tight areas under pressure, and he is an attacking threat. He's someone that can cover a lot of positions for us, which is a great thing to have.

Back
Top Bottom