Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not so.

CA3_PMh_SWw_AA5k_T3.jpg

Out of interest who does have the most assists?

The SOLE reason I've taken such a solid stance on this is really quite simple, Mason is in his first season and is clearly working hard. Yet rather than take what he said as an indication of what a player should be doing to get his chance you used it (intentionally or not) to defend Adebayor. Adebayor has a history of being awkward and lazy, Mason is in his first season on Premier League football and deserves support not being slagged off and put down. I'd rather have someone that gives a fuck, tries and isn't scared of making mistakes than a passenger that tries when he can be bothered then moans or says the same shit without doing anything to change things. I sick and fucking tired of lazy players at the club, thieving a wage while youth players try to develop and get slagged off by people that have the utter fucking stones to claim to be fans.

Thats all very well, but Paulinho is fucking shit. Thats my point. He brings nothing to the team, and I dont care how hard he trains. Im not talking about Mason and Adebayor.

You are sick of lazy players, but you dont mind them being lazy in the match because you have video evidence of them training well?

But then again....

Last reply because i'll be damned if I'm going to start contributing to the type of 10 page long arguments that are the norm on here nowadays.

You have a good excuse not to answer because you have obviously decided that your post is the ultimate conclusion to the discussion and any counter opinion is just people trying to start a barney.

He's trying to build a TEAM and not knob polish individuals like Redknapp and Sherwood do.

When he builds a TEAM that finishes 4th twice (or even 5th for that matter) and gets to the CL quarters, you can start putting him above Harry.

Fucking short memories some of you lot...yeah its so much better now.

Last edited:
:llorisunsure:....... Pav banging in the goals :klinsmann: :vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry:

A case of the manager getting the best (albeit for a limited time regarding some players) out of the hand he was dealt with and using his squad.

Im sure people will bang on about how "unfairly" Kranjcar was treated. Yet as always, they wont reply when you ask them who out of Bale or Modric should have been dropped to accommodate him though...
Krunchie got game time when the squad was stretched, as did most players I can recall.

A case of the manager getting the best (albeit for a limited time regarding some players) out of the hand he was dealt with and using his squad.

Im sure people will bang on about how "unfairly" Kranjcar was treated. Yet as always, they wont reply when you ask them who out of Bale or Modric should have been dropped to accommodate him though...
Krunchie got game time when the squad was stretched, as did most players I can recall.
Easy, Bale as second striker, Modric on the left, Kranjcar in the middle. Defoe stays on the bench and Pav as first striker.

Plus I don't think he had a good 90 in him and was excellent from the bench, not the same player but this is how andros should be used, neither are world beaters but both are game changers

Ahhh bale Modric Parker lennon we had the best midfield around

Never forget that David Bentley/Roman Pavlyuchenko purple patch during that 2009/10 season.

Easy, Bale as second striker, Modric on the left, Kranjcar in the middle. Defoe stays on the bench and Pav as first striker.

Why? We were ripping teams to pieces the way it was. Play Modric out of position to accommodate a decent player who was always better off the bench anyway?

That would be like dropping Eriksen for Holtby.....:avbshock:

Why? We were ripping teams to pieces the way it was. Play Modric out of position to accommodate a decent player who was always better off the bench anyway?

That would be like dropping Eriksen for Holtby.....:avbshock:
You could also just replace the second striker with Niko, I just prefer Bale as a striker myself. Anyway niko was good starting too, for example his goal against man city

When he builds a TEAM that finishes 4th twice (or even 5th for that matter) and gets to the CL quarters, you can start putting him above Harry.

Fucking short memories some of you lot...yeah its so much better now.

For the short memories in ref to mangers.....I think we have to acnowledge that Modric and Bale are world class players.... to the point that they can overcome/overide manager shortcomings.
And who recruited those guys?
Plus we still had Ledders on the scene.
How much credit can a manager take for having some truly great players already in the squad?
I dunno... I guess you'd have to look at their whole track record as evidence........

It's not that I'm not grateful or forgetful......but was he just lucky with his timing and a wee bit better than the guy before him?

We've dropped off the pace and lost some quality players, but it's fair to say we've improved in other areas, that have more long term benefits.
It's great to see youth coming through, we've had some wins against the top teams that have been a long time coming, there appears to be more structure and team philosophy and we still have some world class players like Lloris.. and come on man... a great goalkeeper like him....how the fuck did we ever manage to get him lol.

Plus I'm chipping in half way through so not entirely sure I'm really relevant lol

Hahhahahahahaha already been proven that this graphic was a mistake. Also please use your brains next time instead of just jumping on anything you see even if fake just because it makes a player you like look better. Mason has 83% pass completion. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ****ing SAYING THAT DEMBELE , BENTALEB WOULDNT HAVE HIGHER PASS COMPLETION % (especially as they play much safer). USE YOUR BRAINS PLEASE! That graphic is made up and also doesnt use per 90 minutes to judge fairly.

Oh did you know Mason has scored more goals than Bale for Spurs in 2014-2015 wowwww! Mason is better than Bale! Of course he has scored more , he has played almost 2000 minutes and Bale has played ZERO. Thats how most of those comparisons are in that picture other than the obvious lie about pass %. Anyone can make up misleading shit like that. Here is whats actually been happening. He is bottom in pass completion % . How can he be 2nd in the whole team if he is not 2nd in just 5 players.

pashunboy_zps4l7wabwg.jpg

Last edited:
Hahhahahahahaha already been proven that this graphic was a mistake. Also please use your brains next time instead of just jumping on anything you see even if fake just because it makes a player you like look better. Mason has 83% pass completion. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ****ing SAYING THAT DEMBELE , BENTALEB WOULDNT HAVE HIGHER PASS COMPLETION % (especially as they play much safer). USE YOUR BRAINS PLEASE! That graphic is made up and also doesnt use per 90 minutes to judge fairly.

Oh did you know Mason has scored more goals than Bale for Spurs in 2014-2015 wowwww! Mason is better than Bale! Of course he has scored more , he has played almost 2000 minutes and Bale has played ZERO. Thats how most of those comparisons are in that picture other than the obvious lie about pass %. Anyone can make up misleading shit like that. Here is whats actually been happening. He is bottom in pass completion % . How can he be 2nd in the whole team if he is not 2nd in just 5 players.

pashunboy_zps4l7wabwg.jpg

Take it up with Opta, Sky and JDK JDK . I'd rather trust them than you. Don't try and sell me some Cluedo bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom