Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol yeah, I know. But come on, you and all of us know wherever he's living... he's not slumming it.

Seriously, I'm lost for words if anyone has sympathy for him because of this tripe.
I've had more problems than this in my own family and I dont use them an excuse for being an ass.

Fucks sake, most families have massive problems.... cancer addiction poverty abuse prejudice rape etc.
1 of my mates lives in a council flat in a fairly rough area with his mum, he has carers visiting his mum each day who's bed bound and has cerebral palsy. His dad's nowhere to be seen and I could go on.

It's just whoopdedoo, wow Adebeyor your family has problems. All families have problems mofo.
But he's now milking it trying to make excuses which has been a definite trend of his throughout his career..... always someone elses fault.

I suppose when Soldado's wife miscarried it should have been dismissed because he's rich, and some times poor people have worse problems.

Fuckwit
Ummm no.

Do you see Soldado tweeting about it?
See Soldado blaming his poor form on it or milking it?
See Soldado posting instagrams from a Bentley the week later?
And when Soldado is on the pitch, would most agree that whilst it's not worked out for him, he is genuinely trying?

This has been a characteristic trait of Ade throughout his career.

Context my man

Chadli with his poverty and racist abuse upbringing plus recent father passing away.... is he milking it, making excuses? Or is he just a good egg like Soldado and dealing with his issues like most of us have to do.
Sincerely sorry for Soldado and his loss by the way.

Oh and seeing as you called me a fuckwit for no good reason and polarised an argument.... I could lower myself to your level and call you a cretin, but I'll give you a <hug> instead

Last edited:
SEA, I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It's true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn't wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?
When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter's death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to "The Sun" in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn't do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.
Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.
For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you.

11188277_1650071258554893_8763760385803091078_n.jpg

:adewtf::adewtf::adewtf::adewtf::adewtf:
For someone that is god fearing, I think god needs to come clean and explain where the money has gone??

SEA, I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It's true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn't wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?
When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter's death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to "The Sun" in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn't do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.
Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.
For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you.

11188277_1650071258554893_8763760385803091078_n.jpg

:adewtf::adewtf::adewtf::adewtf::adewtf:

And the common denominator is....everyone, from his mum down thinks he's a cunt.

Quel surprise.

He's posted some more family grievances:

My brother Nathaniel once spilled some Kool Aid on the sectional couch in my summer home in Turin. He barely attempted to wipe up the stain at all.

My sister Carla ate my last piece of Toblerone. She had never even asked. I was saving it for after my lunch.

My cousin Ezekiel used countless Kleenex tissues when visiting over Christmas. He said he had a bad cold, but I never once heard him sneeze.

My half sister Hannah "borrowed" my copy of The Divinci Code. It has been 3 months and she has yet to return it. If you haven't read it, that book is a real page turner. I finished it in a long weekend.

:adestare:

Waste of a talent. I supported this lad through thick & mostly thin. On his day, unplayable. I don't believe he has treated our club with respect. Big smiles, lots of tweets, many selfies at the most I opportune times. At a time when Jimmy Greaves lies critically ill in a hospital, I don't even want to think about Ade. I'm sorry but Ade has been a waster, waiting for one last hurrah contract. Wherever he plays & whoever he plays for he will always be thought of As a mercenary. Whether that's fair or not I don't care. He could easily have been a legend for us but he's too busy showing off his vast wealth to care about football any more. He's had shit in his life, granted... But haven't we all? I'm through with this bloke. He plays with class & panache when it suits him. That isn't going to win us anything.

They both are, however.......Soldado is at least likeable, not that we shouldn't get rid, it's just Adebayor takes the attention away from him because he's a dick.
In your opinion, however I'd prefer a striker capable of scoring goals to one with a cheeky grin and a sparkle in his eyes.

:vdvdive:QUOTE="Eskimo, post: 782049, member: 701"]In your opinion, however I'd prefer a striker capable of scoring goals to one with a cheeky grin and a sparkle in his eyes.[/QUOTE]
It's the sparkle that wins me over.

Its like he's an actual person, regardless of money, that has problems. Family is very important to me, If this was going on in my life I'd be having a very difficult time focusing on anything else.

To be fair; I think that it's pretty easy to criticise people like Adebayor. He's someone that gets paid £100,000 a week for kicking a ball around. I love football and I fucking love Tottenham Hotspur. But the economic disparity between those in high level football and those who support the clubs is gargantuan. So when we see someone who doesn't look as though they're justifying that wage, it's only natural to get pissed off. I don't think that football fans in general take into account the shit that players go through when they criticise them, I'm guilty of that myself. But when someone is earning more money than they know what to do with then I have no doubt that there will be as many negatives as there are positives. Yes, you can go out and buy whatever you want, but money has a way of turning people into bellends. Not just the people who are making the money but the family, friends, ex-girlfriends and dodgy shit that comes out of the woodwork. I've heard of people developing alcohol and drug issues because of money alongside the mental health issues that can crop up with realising that despite being richer than god, you still feel like shit.

I reckon Ade could have done so much more with his career. But IF everything that he's said is true then I've got time for him.

Back
Top Bottom