Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are you "not surprised". If he's utter shit, Ssurely AVB would've recognised that and shipped him out?

Because this is his tactic. He has done the same thing at pretty much every club he's been at. Once the contract is signed he can relax on the bench or the stands. I suspect boas wanted him out but the player has the power in this situation.

Because this is his tactic. He has done the same thing at pretty much every club he's been at. Once the contract is signed he can relax on the bench or the stands. I suspect boas wanted him out but the player has the power in this situation.
Did you actually read the interview at the link? We know about the "sitting on the bench taking his wages" because we've read it from you about 30 times in this thread already. But the interview explains what has gone on this pre-season.

http://t.co/o9kAx3ZDXj
he's a good lad really, hoping he can do the business when he comes back soon.

Has the departure of Gareth Bale changed anything in Tottenham?
This does not change anything. He is a very good player. Last year was a great year for him. He fired in skylights to each flask. But it was seven seasons since he was there and it was high time he achieves a very good season and it was last year. Now he will play for the biggest club in the world and I wish him much success.

:balesnarl:

Might sound weird, but I think we should try him at LW rotating with Chadli. He drifts wide a lot of the time anyway as a striker, and he's better creatively than Chadli imo (with a better shot too).

cahspur..you really think he can..were talking proper football here mate..having spent so much dosh du think we should carry players..moving on up now..leave shit like that behind..my thoughts though..

Whether he can or not, he's here so let's hope he bloody well does for what he's paid. Sure, if he's useless I hope we're rid of him by all means come next summer, but until then what's the harm in pulling for him to get to his best. Of course he can, he's shown plenty in the past he's a quality player. I certainly won't be so naive as to suggest he will, just hope he does man up and contribute this year.

Has the departure of Gareth Bale changed anything in Tottenham?
This does not change anything. He is a very good player. Last year was a great year for him. He fired in skylights to each flask. But it was seven seasons since he was there and it was high time he achieves a very good season and it was last year. Now he will play for the biggest club in the world and I wish him much success.

:balesnarl:
Oof…
Le départ de Gareth Bale a-t-il changé quelque chose à Tottenham ?

Cela ne change rien du tout. C’est un très un bon joueur. L’année dernière a été très faste pour lui. Il décochait des lucarnes à chaque ballon. Mais cela faisait 7 saisons qu’il était là et il était temps qu’il fasse une très bonne saison et ce fut l’année dernière. Maintenant il va jouer pour le plus grand club du monde et je lui souhaite beaucoup de succès.
Maybe over idiomatically: "He went top corner with every ball."

Whether we like it or not, he's still here. Why not hope he comes back and puts in the best shift possible?
I second that.....I'll support him & encourage for as long as he is fighting to wear the shirt.
Sure he can be frustrating, and send out mixed messages - but on his day (which thankfully we got to see tail end of last season) he can be unstoppable, so if he adds an alternative option & gives his all like we know he can do, then he's good by me.

As for picking up a fortune for doing pretty much sod all, aren't all premiership footballers?

I think I like Adebayor a bit more after the recent instagram meltdown. Good interview posted above too - hope he can pull it together for a few important games (10+ premier goals is all I ask Ade)

Now, not sure of legal status of this since Adebayor has deleted the Instagram post from his account, so please delete if lawyers, police or Ade's heavies enquire, but I was gonna do a gimp/photoshop job on it and did a screenshot (4th Sept 2013):

ade_instagram_zpsc6019d68.png

Last edited:
Ade's gonna win the Cup for us... he already knows it... it is written, he said so!

#whatwouldjesusdo? #winusthefuckingcupthatswhat!

Well, from the headlines, it sounds like he's feeling motivated again, relishes the competition, and wants to regain the starting spot.

Can't be a bad thing for Spurs, if true.

Back
Top Bottom