Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate to rain on your parade but I'm one of the few who do not like Lennon very much. He's way too one dimensional for me. Doesn't score many goals, not a great crosser, not the greatest passer. Sure he's pretty good at taking on a full back, but a lot of the time he wastes a chance to create something great with his poor final ball. He should be a lot better than he is at this point.

I hate to rain on your parade but I'm one of the few who do not like Lennon very much. He's way too one dimensional for me. Doesn't score many goals, not a great crosser, not the greatest passer. Sure he's pretty good at taking on a full back, but a lot of the time he wastes a chance to create something great with his poor final ball. He should be a lot better than he is at this point.

You didn't have to rain on it :vdvhmm:

Lennon is the daddy.

If he was more more selfish in front of goal he could be one of the top scorers in the premier league.

Not sure about one of the top scorers but he could definitely be up there. When he gets a chance on goal (that isn't too far out...) he actually has a fairly decent finish on him.

He is a very good finisher but I think too often looks for the pass.

I also get a really warm feeling inside when he scores. Like a proud father. Dont get that for any other player

#nohomo.

Spurs are much better with him than without him, and that's good enough for me. Sure, I wish we had an Aaron Lennon alternative that scores more goals, crosses better, passes better and does more with his final ball more of the time, but come on people, a bit of reality please :lennon:

As one dimensional he may be, I have always maintained that Bale benefits from having Lennon in the side as he offers genuine width and therefore the defense is more stretched.

When we had VDV and played him out on the wing instead of Lennon he always looked to cut in and then the defense was able to be a lot more compact and thereby double up on Bale and VDV.

While he's not a world beater, I think he is one of the most underrated players in the Premier League. He shows up for Tottenham week after week and does his job. You need players like that, who you can rely on.

Oh he has no end product.....
Oh he doesnt get enough goals...
He Cant cross a ball....
All he has is pace.....

charliemurphywrongwrong-o.gif

Sounds silly for an attacking winger but his ability to track back and nullify counter attacks with his pace and ability to nick a ball is vital yet hugely overlooked by some fans.

Back
Top Bottom