Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday at times he played rb , central mid , lb and right winger all at once ... the energy levels in this guy are amazing. Like on sunday when he chased down defence and goalkeeper at the 90 th minute without even looking tired.

I've a feeling Sunday may come too soon for him, especially if he's tweaked a Hammy!!

Maybe a week off for him will help, and we do have the option of Siggy AND Holtby in the same team, they've been like a Swiss Weather clock recently, one appears, the other one leaves!

We're gonna have to cope without Bale next Thursday, I'd wager we leave Lennon at home too, we just need to keep it solid out there, and not do anything spectacular...
Whilst an away goal would be immense, until Inter score twice in a minute and give us all that familiar Spursey feeling again,, we don't need to do anything other than defend as a solid, efficient, professional unit.. Which we're MORE THAN capable of!

Yesterday at times he played rb , central mid , lb and right winger all at once ... the energy levels in this guy are amazing. Like on sunday when he chased down defence and goalkeeper at the 90 th minute without even looking tired.
Have to say I thought the energy levels were off the hook last night in general. Hunting in packs and I watched Gylfi, Dembele, Lennon and Parker all make fantastic recovery tackles. Gylfi had one where he ran a full 60yds, pinched the ball and recycled it straight into a break. I couldn't fault any of our starting midfield.

Better safe than sorry, rather not play him Sunday and have him fit for our remaining games than take a chance and lose him completely (if thats even the case though)

Bale misses Inter next week, we can play him sunday and give lennon the day off, then switch them for Inter

Have to say I thought the energy levels were off the hook last night in general. Hunting in packs and I watched Gylfi, Dembele, Lennon and Parker all make fantastic recovery tackles. Gylfi had one where he ran a full 60yds, pinched the ball and recycled it straight into a break. I couldn't fault any of our starting midfield.

Amazing how an important NLD / derby win can galvanize the mind and body

Let's hope we can carry this momentum into the the last 10 games and avoid last season's shambles

I've always thought that he's one of the best finishers on our team, but his aggressiveness when attacking isn't enough to get him in scoring positions.

Really? I always thought he gets in to great scoring positions but his lack of greediness in front of goal means he just doesn't score enough.

I was thinking of the little fella and how AVB got the best out of Bale last season. Lennon was very good last season, at least until he got a few injuries. He is, when at his best - unplayable. I think there still is a lot to see from Lennon, like the run when he scored va Woolwich - you get the timing right with good runs and he would be lethal.

He can be effective in a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1, we know that already. Next season though, we will see some games with 4-3-3 with the three wardrobes in the middle; Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho, a few have questioned his place in such a formation. In a formation like that he could concentrate on pickung out the right runs all the time as the three central midfielders would do more of the defensive work than he is used to expect. I really think that Aaron, even in that formation can be very useful and that the coaching team will find ways of using his pace as an even bigger asset!

I'll be going back to sleep now that I have got those positive thoughts off my chest!

I love Aaron Lennon and hope he continues to be a staple in the side.

26 years old and 327 appearances for the club (more than Dawson and King). Could be a genuine club legend. Proper spursy.

He's a big part of the reason Bale is worth a 100m.

Hope everyone enjoys his immense dimension.

:lennon:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom