23/24 season fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yippee, now I can start planning my next year's holidays
Happy Dance GIF by The Babes Club

You need to buy memberships and then try to get tickets during the members sales window or, failing that, on the club’s ticket exchange a week or so before the match.

Oh and there’s no such thing as tourist seats.
Thanks mate - I'll start the journey of trying.

Haha, yes, not specifically "tourist seats" - but I'm aware that there are sections of the stadium often seem filled with day trippers/impartial visitors and devoid of atmosphere... I had assumed that these would generally be the tickets made available for non-members or ST holders? However, I am fully aware that beggars can't be choosers.

From peoples experience, if you want to find a ticket, is there a case of "if there's a will there's a way"? or for a game like Spurs V dippers, is it possible i'll simply be shit out of luck?

Haha, yes, not specifically "tourist seats" - but I'm aware that there are sections of the stadium often seem filled with day trippers/impartial visitors and devoid of atmosphere... I had assumed that these would generally be the tickets made available for non-members or ST holders? However, I am fully aware that beggars can't be choosers.

From peoples experience, if you want to find a ticket, is there a case of "if there's a will there's a way"? or for a game like Spurs V dippers, is it possible i'll simply be shit out of luck?

Where there is cash there’s a way.

Always premium seats available. Allow£300 a ticket as a guideline.

There are about 42K season ticket holders, >7K tickets for members and 3K for away fans. The remainder are premium, sponsors, etc. There are none set aside for non-members unless the match goes to general sale, which hardly ever happens for Premier League matches. Yes, there are some day trippers/tourists, but they are scattered around the stadium, mostly in seats they’ve picked up on the Ticket Exchange rather than there being whole sections of the stadium filled with day trippers/impartial visitors. Saying that, I did have a couple of Real Betis fans (wearing Real shirts) sitting next to me for the Man City game last season, and there are of course the Sonny fans and I expect quite a few Aussies too next season (no offence!).

The level of noise and lack of atmosphere in the new stadium is probably due a combination to the size of the stadium, the move to all seating and the changing demographic of fans. The fact that ST holders could choose their seats in the new stadium probably didn’t help to retain the atmosphere of the old Lane either, splitting up pockets that used to make most of the noise, although most of the singing there was probably in the Park Lane and Shelf anyway. Even the south stand doesn’t spend the whole match singing to the extent that there’s even an attempt to set up a dedicated singing area. I sit in the east upper, close to the south stand and, like much of the stadium, it is mostly quiet, but with occasional outbursts of singing from some, including me; from what I remember as a season ticket holder for 20 years and a fan for 50 years it was much the same in the east upper at the old Lane too.

Maybe Blur were right and “Modern Life is Rubbish”.

Will you get tickets? As a member you should be able to if you get in the queue early as soon as they go on sale; in fact, you’ll have as much chance as any other member. Failing that you will be able to pick them up on the Ticket Exchange when it opens a week or so before the match. You MUST be a member (one ticket per member) for either option though otherwise yes, you will be shit out of luck.

Good luck! And don’t forget the Aussie flag!

Hmm, matchday 2 has three "big" matches: City v Newcastle, Spurs v Man U and Spam v Chelsea. BT have twenty 2nd picks per season and I'd expect them to pick one of those after Sky have taken their first pick, probably City v Newcastle.

Aug/Sept picks were made 5 July last season, although the season kicked off a week earlier.

Last edited:
That's why I've waited ;)
Yeah, but I can't do that. We always book exactly one year ahead to get Avios (BA miles) long haul flights, which disappear quickly (like instantly). Been doing it since retiring in 2008. Next year is Panama City & Cartagena.

I avoid FA Cup and European final weeks just in case though. We avoid school holidays too.

Yeah, but I can't do that. We always book exactly one year ahead to get Avios (BA miles) long haul flights, which disappear quickly (like instantly). Been doing it since retiring in 2008. Next year is Panama City & Cartagena.

I avoid FA Cup and European final weeks just in case though. We avoid school holidays too.
Don't blame you, holidays are getting so expensive these days. I've missed out on quite a few holidays with friends because I can't commit because of football! At least we have all the European midweeks free now, every cloud 'n all that :)

First impression was that we don't have a good "run" of fixtures at all within the first 1/3 of the season.

Granted I'm currently filled with a good deal of pessimism and uncertainty over the club and what to expect from us next season, but it seems as though we play all of our easier opponents away from home, and the home games are against pretty tough opposition.

Would have been nice for Ange to have a couple of easy homers in the first bunch of games to gain some momentum. Can see a bit of a stop/start beginning to his tenure based just on this.
I would have preferred we had City, Pool, Arse, United, Newcastle, Chelsea with 4 of them away in our first 6 games. Get the tough ones out of the way early while Ange is still implementing his style. If you're going to have throwaway games to bed in the system, might as well be the ones you are least likely to win. Then once things have clicked we'll be playing competition that we should and can beat.

I would have preferred we had City, Pool, Arse, United, Newcastle, Chelsea with 4 of them away in our first 6 games. Get the tough ones out of the way early while Ange is still implementing his style. If you're going to have throwaway games to bed in the system, might as well be the ones you are least likely to win. Then once things have clicked we'll be playing competition that we should and can beat.
Uh no. You can’t afford throw away 6 pointers. Granted we probably won’t be competing for top 4 but still.

Especially Chelsea. They probably will be near us in the table.

Back
Top Bottom