#21 - It matters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My only complaint

Eriksen or Capoue > Vlad
Since his injury, Capoue has struggled a bit, probably due to not being 100% fit. Hopefully he can return to his initial form, Eriksen has been patchy but lately he has been pretty good. Chirches has the edge given what we expected of him. That said, we really need to see Vlad alongside Vertonghen.

Did I inadvertently tune out or did you guys hardy mention the win at old Trafford in much detail? I know it's routine now but surely still worth celebrating.

Good to hear four of the original team back on as well. You guys have some good guests but never seems to match the chemistry or Ricky, flav, spooky and T.

Also, I've known @ spooky spooky 's real name for a few years but now I don't feel like one of the privileged few
:(

still know your surname though ::crouch:

On the Sherwood Woolwich fan bit - I don't remember Redknapp getting any stick about being a Gooner despite openly admitting that Woolwich were the side he used to go to watch as a teenager (which, lets face it - means the club he supported). Not to mention our recent history with George Graham who even has an Woolwich crest on his garden patio.

It's either an issue for all managers / coaches etc, or it's a complete non-issue. I can't see how it can only be an issue for some.

Now I don't think Sherwood is the answer at Spurs but there's no way on earth I'd give him stick over any Woolwich connection, especially since every time I'd seen him speak on TV (even before he rejoined Spurs) he always talked like a Spurs fan.

I think he's like a lot of managers / players and as soon as they start playing it just becomes a job and alliegance goes to whoever they're working for at the time. That Harry is soooo strongly associated with West Ham created a bit of a smokescreen for his Gooner associations when he joined us but I was amazed it wasn't highlighted more when things started going a bit wrong at the end of his final season.

Anyway, for me he's definitely more of an Woolwich man than Sherwood because Sherwood openly embraced being one of us long before he took up a non-playing role at the club.

Ideally, Sherwood, Redknapp, Adebayor, Gallas or anyone else with gooner leanings wouldn't be part of the playing staff but that's unlikely to ever happen.

Recording Monday, releasing Tuesday from now on.
20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

Also, on Sherwood, flat-track bullying and astuteness- did he not get the tactics bang-on at OT, nicking two goals when the opportunities came up and then withdrawing and absorbing pressure handily from United's cross-heavy attacking approach? That wasn't just going in gung-ho on a shit team, that was pragmatic and dynamic management IMO.

Back
Top Bottom