2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpursLegend SpursLegend GeorgeHoward GeorgeHoward Pairsy1882 Pairsy1882

Only just got proper chance to post but Weds was a quality night. Great atmosphere.

Think I've got the tags right on people I met briefly. Think it was Pairsy who got the shots in and offered them out as we were leaving pub - Cheers! Thanks James for making me feel welcome even at 31 I felt a bit noncey hanging out with you kids!!

Enjoyed sharing a tube from Earls Court with Leeds who wondered what the funk was going on lol. At least they hate Chelsea as much as us! And the tube back was golden. Welcome on our train is stuck in my head now!

As for the stadium. My first visit to Stamford Bridge. Felt even on Row 7 like I was on the pitch. Those Chelsea chumps should have never been chucked out but no tears here. One of my favourite parts was after the game and this dole dosing old boy drinking in the shed bar. He's chopped years off his life expectancy with that explosion of rage at 500+ Spurs taking the piss walking past.

Genuinely gutted at the result. Felt we didn't quite grasp the urgency at the end to get an equaliser. Did some in the crowd actually lose track of the score?

All quite different for me anyhow as I normally watch games with the moaners in the Paxton! Bring on the next one. COYS.

Yes but c'mon, when was the last time something was broadcast from Staines?

ALI-G-DIGITAL-SEXTANT.jpg

Youth players have never gone into senior football - top flight (Div one or PL) ever in their hundreds-the odd few make it to their respective club senior level, the rest are sold off. A few make it because they tick the boxes. If anyone believes we can bring through the whole 11 youth players to play in the PL are bonkers. Its two different worlds.

That's not what I'm saying, but when you've got two clubs that literally pick up the 10-15 best players in each age group and none make it through to the first team. That's a huge problem.

I see what you're saying but for me these games are about supporting our players and abusing the opposition fans and players as much as possible without crossing the line. Basically treating it like an adult game to get the youths used to it.
I don't think we crossed that line tbh. Big difference between racially cussing a black kid and poking fun at how his own club treats black people. As a man of colour I loved the chants tbh.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying. But I think the youth games are more about supporting our players and light heartedly taking the piss out of the other team. Like the songs about the Chelsea subs wearing gloves even though it isn't cold is more the spirit of the youth games for me.

When the "you're off the train" thing had been sung for the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th etc. time it just felt like waaaaay overkill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was offensive or anything I just think it's tonally wrong for a youth game. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I have a hard time justifying giving real serious abuse to 16-18 year olds regardless of what club they play for. I just thought it got a bit too personal.

I'm not trying to be some morality police or make any judgements all I'm saying is a small number of songs made me PERSONALLY feel slightly uncomfortably with it being a youth game. On a whole the support was phenomenal and I had an absolute blast. Up the Spurs.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying. But I think the youth games are more about supporting our players and light heartedly taking the piss out of the other team. Like the songs about the Chelsea subs wearing gloves even though it isn't cold is more the spirit of the youth games for me.

When the "you're off the train" thing had been sung for the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th etc. time it just felt like waaaaay overkill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was offensive or anything I just think it's tonally wrong for a youth game. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I have a hard time justifying giving real serious abuse to 16-18 year olds regardless of what club they play for. I just thought it got a bit too personal.

I'm not trying to be some morality police or make any judgements all I'm saying is a small number of songs made me PERSONALLY feel slightly uncomfortably with it being a youth game. On a whole the support was phenomenal and I had an absolute blast. Up the Spurs.

But would it be any different if those 16-18 year olds were playing for the first team?

My report from last night's match: http://windycoys.com/2015/03/fa-youth-cup-tottenham-hotspur-u18s-2-0-chelsea-u18s-white-hart-lane/

I couldn't make it due to work commitments but got home just in time to watch on ITV4. Ray Houghton seemed very impressed with a few of our boys.

Glad to see Luke Amos getting plenty of praise in here. I've been a fan since I first saw him, but felt like he often didn't get the mentions of the higher profile players. Nice to see him get some recognition.

Back
Top Bottom