#1882TFC Day Shift @ Dirty Dick’s until 4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: The #1882 Day Shift

AlMacca_ said:
There is a wetherspoons at Liverpool Street Station as well. Big Tottenham pub as well, then you can do the train journey up there as a group get a few songs going and all that jazz.
I think this idea is aces. It ticks off a lot of our needs and allows us to have a singalong like at the last event, should we feel appropriately socially lubricated. We'd be able to leave the bar at 4:15 and make Bricklayers in time to be finishing our first pints at 5. Excellent.

I'm assuming this is the pub in question: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/hamilton-hall ?

Éperons said:
AlMacca_ said:
There is a wetherspoons at Liverpool Street Station as well. Big Tottenham pub as well, then you can do the train journey up there as a group get a few songs going and all that jazz.
I think this idea is aces. It ticks off a lot of our needs and allows us to have a singalong like at the last event, should we feel appropriately socially lubricated. We'd be able to leave the bar at 4:15 and make Bricklayers in time to be finishing our first pints at 5. Excellent.

I'm assuming this is the pub in question: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/hamilton-hall ?

It is indeed, I often go there on a home matchday after getting off the train at Liv.St before heading out again.

Re: The #1882 Day Shift (pre-5pm gathering)

If I were you guys I would head up to the ground and pubs around as early as possible.

Hamilton Hall might be good on a normal match day but they won't have a fucking clue wants going on next Thursday, and they won't like singing at all.

Blanchflower said:
If I were you guys I would head up to the ground and pubs around as early as possible.

Hamilton Hall might be good on a normal match day but they won't have a fucking clue wants going on next Thursday, and they won't like singing at all.
I suspect that we'll be well-behaved until at least boarding the train.

Éperons said:
I suspect that we'll be well-behaved until at least boarding the train.

:adelol:

This is effectively a european away game for you, if you aren't congo-ring by 2pm you aren't doing it right

Reading this thread is making me sad. I cam along to the first event at Charlton but this one is falling the day before I have a massive project kicking off early the next morning and will no doubt not leave the office until around 9pm (if I'm lucky!)

Will definitely be there next time

:klinsmann:

Almost forgot about this until I just stumbled through the door and found our tickets (Ep & Belgian) waiting amongst my stack of post. Will see what my two mates are doing, should be aiming for about 2pm though if i'm awake by then!

Blanchflower said:

I agree with Blanch. It's a shitty old-man's Wetherspoons. Silence is the norm, except on matchday (when there isn't any singing anyway - more of a gathering place).

They won't take kindly to Sol, Sol...

Train is due in at about 4. Need to get back to Euston for 10pm or I'm stuck in London.

What's the best way to get from Euston to WHL? Tube then bus?

Nah Train to seven sisters from WHL station. Walking takes 20 mins at least...

Lex said:
Kalyl said:
Lex said:
the Wifi is just so Ep can maintain his savant stature! :balelol:
considering he's taken it upon himself to be the wise man around these here parts, he sure as hell tries to be an "expert or wise person" so yeah, Savant!
Check the first description of it, and then the 2nd point from the top... so yeah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant

Oh I'm not doubting the accuracy of it's use. More it's use. It's a good word, I will use it more myself now I've just never seen it used on a football forum.
Whenever I see the use of 'savant' I can't help but put 'idiot' in front of it.

Which is probably more applicable to the other 99% of people here (self included of course). :adelol:

Looking good for at least 4 my group to get there for 3.30ish. Our strategic planning has mainly focused on off-licences and not travel arrangements so that is a very rough ETA.

Tickets booked, all good.

Hamilton hall is an excellent idea, I work about 5 minutes away. Is there a special code word I need to quote when approaching you all or shall I wear a lillywhite carnation and carry an old programme under my arm?

Case said:
Train is due in at about 4. Need to get back to Euston for 10pm or I'm stuck in London.

What's the best way to get from Euston to WHL? Tube then bus?

Silly billy.. Our train to Brighton goes from London Bridge and the last one is arouns 1am, so no need to rush.

Back
Top Bottom