#1882TFC Day Shift @ Dirty Dick’s until 4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fellow shirt-lovers,

Some of us won't be wage slaves on Thursday, so we are meeting up beforehand to get to know each other and make up secret jokes to annoy the late crowd.

WHERE? Dirty Dick's, by Liverpool St. Station. They have wi-fi, food, take credit cards, and we can all slate Smoked Salmon if it's not fun.

BkYOv.jpg

ccx3o.jpg

I will probably be the first person there, so please approach. I have a beard and will most likely be nose-deep in my iPhone or a paper-based reading material. You will not confuse me for a City boy. Also don't be cross if I don't recognize you from Charlton. I have eyes only for Belgian Spur and Chicago Dan.

As an emergency/alternate venue ONLY, head down the street to Hamilton Hall. It has the same amenities as the above, but is rather larger. So if you don't see > 1 people dressed like they're off to a Spurs match at Dirty Dick's, it's because we had to move.

LXFCE.jpg

Either way, WE ARE LEAVING AROUND 4PM.

We will hop on the train and race to WHL, hopefully beating the 5pm crowd to Bricklayers. If you can't make it to the pub on 4pm, don't waste your time looking for us, as we will probably be boarding a train.

Here's the list of attendees. I'll continue updating this as more people contribute to this thread.
  • Éperons (from 11am)
  • Kalyl
  • S.L.R (from 2:30pm)
  • Smoked Salmon
  • Lex (maybe only from 5pm?)
  • Abbey Yid +2 (from 2pm)
  • Dog +4 (from 3pm)
  • Leroy - Case jealousy-magnet (from 3:30pm)
  • Smolik
  • dmarchantthfc (from 2pm)
  • HarryHotspur
  • Belgian Spur (from 2:30pm)
  • SpursLegend

Re: The #1882 Day Shift

I'll be up for meeting you guys in the afternoon, say about half two onwards, as I'm at work in the morning.

A decent place for food, in Tottenham. Can't say I know any tbh, but then I never eat out round there.

For you guys I recommend getting a proper kebab from Wood Green (sit-down meal with rice, breads, kebabs and deserts) then heading over to the McDonalds for the WiFi.. Can't really think of any places that have WiFi in Tottenham, unless there is a Wetherspoons near-by?

Ramsingh said:
For you guys I recommend getting a proper kebab from Wood Green (sit-down meal with rice, breads, kebabs and deserts) then heading over to the McDonalds for the WiFi.. Can't really think of any places that have WiFi in Tottenham, unless there is a Wetherspoons near-by?
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BEERS?!

Kebab place will sell beer! Wetherspoons are a chain of pubs, you can also stop off in any pub on the way!
Also if you get bladdered and can't walk you can jump on a bus for £2.30 from Wood Green to Tottenham.

Also all you foreign bunch that aren't bringing a car, get yourself an Oyster card!

Ramsingh said:

There's a Wetherspoons up the road from the ground a bit. About 0.5m I'd say. Would suit your needs perfectly, cheap beer, free wifi and food. Called Gillips Bell or something like that. Was alright when I was in there, but that's a while back.

Will probably be able to get up there for 1700, I'll book a 'client meeting' somewhere in the late afternoon.

I have meetings in the morning but am around in the afternoon.

Personally I wouldn't want to eat or use wifi around the ground. The pubs around there are good for matchday drinks and good spirits, but that's about it. I'd be more inclined to eat at a depot in Central London before heading down.

I'm a bit puzzled about the need for wifi but then I came along a bit late to all this.

well that too... fuck me if I'm gonna get charged a million NoK for spending 5min on the internet :bmj:

There is a wetherspoons at Liverpool Street Station as well. Big Tottenham pub as well, then you can do the train journey up there as a group get a few songs going and all that jazz.

Sorry for adding "and all that jazz" in there it came out a lot gayer than I expected.

Lex said:
Kalyl said:
the Wifi is just so Ep can maintain his savant stature! :balelol:

'Savant'?! You ain't from round here, are ya boy? ;)
considering he's taken it upon himself to be the wise man around these here parts, he sure as hell tries to be an "expert or wise person" so yeah, Savant!
Check the first description of it, and then the 2nd point from the top... so yeah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant

Kalyl said:
Lex said:
Kalyl said:
the Wifi is just so Ep can maintain his savant stature! :balelol:

'Savant'?! You ain't from round here, are ya boy? ;)
considering he's taken it upon himself to be the wise man around these here parts, he sure as hell tries to be an "expert or wise person" so yeah, Savant!
Check the first description of it, and then the 2nd point from the top... so yeah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant

Oh I'm not doubting the accuracy of it's use. More it's use. It's a good word, I will use it more myself now I've just never seen it used on a football forum.

Back
Top Bottom