πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ Cymru vs USA 7pm kick off ITV1 πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result predictions

• Total voters
So you do or don't think a professional footballer (or amateur, semi-pro) can kick a ball 40yrds into an open net?
Of course they can but it’s far from a slam dunk , we remember the ones that go in as they are replayed regularly , unlike the ones that are missed. The only one regularly shown that is a miss is Pele’s in 1970 that I can think of , but there is your answer Pele missed , not by much but he missed

Of course they can but it’s far from a slam dunk , we remember the ones that go in as they are replayed regularly , unlike the ones that are missed. The only one regularly shown that is a miss is Pele’s in 1970 that I can think of , but there is your answer Pele missed , not by much but he missed

Exactly, you'd seem much more instances of goals like that being scored if that was the case.

We've seen it happen so many times when keepers come out and the player has a split second to shoot on goal and don't get it right and I can't actually remember when a goal like that has been scored recently, it's a low percentage chance.

No one is suggesting for 1 second it's a slam dunk! I've said it's a 20-30% chance! But it's more of a chance vs a player fouled who isn't even trying to actually score. What % chance would you give to a player, whose last man, fouled but was not in the process of attempting to shoot?

Exactly, you'd seem much more instances of goals like that being scored if that was the case.

We've seen it happen so many times when keepers come out and the player has a split second to shoot on goal and don't get it right and I can't actually remember when a goal like that has been scored recently, it's a low percentage chance.
I've said it was a 20%-30% chance to score. I've never once said it was a "slam dunk".

Yet it absolutely has to be a bigger % opportunity vs a player fouled as the last man who isn't in the act of shooting. You can't score a goal if you aren't attempting to shoot. (It's likely that the player is free on goal if he isn't fouled, that's the point of the last-man red card but there's an assumption that this is the case, there's an assumption that he would touch the ball around the last man and be in a position to score from, it isn't assumed that his touch took him wide, or that he would fluff the shot, or slip).

I've said it was a 20%-30% chance to score. I've never once said it was a "slam dunk".

Yet it absolutely has to be a bigger % opportunity vs a player fouled as the last man who isn't in the act of shooting. You can't score a goal if you aren't attempting to shoot. (It's likely that the player is free on goal if he isn't fouled, that's the point of the last-man red card but there's an assumption that this is the case, there's an assumption that he would touch the ball around the last man and be in a position to score from, it isn't assumed that his touch took him wide, or that he would fluff the shot, or slip).

Yep so not clear which is the rule like I said - 20%-30% chance isn't clear not matter how much you try and dress it up :thumbup:

Much higher, he's clearly though on goal
What % and why? Bearing in mind the 'keeper is in goal here and what's dose he do shoot from 40yrds out and lob the 'keeper, run into the box with the ball but has to round the ball? What scenario do you conjure up to make it a "big" opportunity, which is the basis of your argument (not mine, I'm just saying it has to be an opportunity).

What % and why? Bearing in mind the 'keeper is in goal here and what's dose he do shoot from 40yrds out and lob the 'keeper, run into the box with the ball but has to round the ball? What scenario do you conjure up to make it a "big" opportunity, which is the basis of your argument (not mine, I'm just saying it has to be an opportunity).

Bro it's not that deep I don't care anymore seriously lol

can't be arsed to argue, we're not gonna agree so let's just leave it yeah?

Bro it's not that deep I don't care anymore seriously lol

can't be arsed to argue, we're not gonna agree so let's just leave it yeah?
I know it's not that deep. It's no biggie.

Just a bit of a copout if you can't actually specifically back up your point of view, no? Maybe that's because I've shown you that a last-man foul which is a red card, like the one I've given as an example (which happens a lot) has demonstrated that denying a goal-scoring opportunity doesn't have to be a big chance, or barely a chance at all, it just has to be an opportunity and with last man red cards the opportunity doesn't actualy have to even exist, it's assumed.

I know it's not that deep. It's no biggie.

Just a bit of a copout if you can't actually specifically back up your point of view, no? Maybe that's because I've shown you that a last-man foul which is a red card, like the one I've given as an example (which happens a lot) has demonstrated that denying a goal-scoring opportunity doesn't have to be a big chance, or barely a chance at all, it just has to be an opportunity and with last man red cards the opportunity doesn't actualy have to even exist, it's assumed.

I have already, read my posts.

If you can't accept my opinion then there's no point carrying on this debate, good day sir! :nunothumb:

I have already, read my posts.

If you can't accept my opinion then there's no point carrying on this debate, good day sir! :nunothumb:
No, you've challenged my opinion, which is fine. And I've responded by giving a very detailed response. You've just not backed up why you think a last-man red card is a "bigger" chance and therefore more deserving of a red than fouling a player in the act of attempting to score an open goal is. It's odd that you can't give any detail as to your reasoning, in fact, you give no reasoning at all.

No, you've challenged my opinion, which is fine. And I've responded by giving a very detailed response. You've just not backed up why you think a last-man red card is a "bigger" chance and therefore more deserving of a red than fouling a player in the act of attempting to score an open goal is. It's odd that you can't give any detail as to your reasoning, in fact, you give no reasoning at all.

ok

Ha ha ha ha ha....
Brilliant!

Ban a rainbow hat you homophobic, anti semitic, mysoginist backwards middle ages cunts!!

ALLAH SAID SO....

Allah also said it's ok to fuck 72 underage virgins.... so good luck with that you paedo cunts...

Money + religion = corruption = convenient ignorance of the bigger picture!

God is MAKE BELIEVE....
ALLAH is make believe...

Believe what you want, but you're all buying into a money making fairytale... More fool you! Whoever are stupid enough to STILL buy into this obscene shit!

It's like a DC comic book fan and a MARVEL comic book fan arguing and killing eachother about which COMIC BOOK SUPER HERO is best....

It's ALL FUCKING FICTION YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!

But go kill eachother in the name of your make believe fairytale god...
SEE IF I CARE!

Ha ha ha ha ha....
Brilliant!

Ban a rainbow hat you homophobic, anti semitic, mysoginist backwards middle ages cunts!!

ALLAH SAID SO....

Allah also said it's ok to fuck 72 underage virgins.... so good luck with that you paedo cunts...

Money + religion = corruption = convenient ignorance of the bigger picture!

God is MAKE BELIEVE....
ALLAH is make believe...

Believe what you want, but you're all buying into a money making fairytale... More fool you! Whoever are stupid enough to STILL buy into this obscene shit!

It's like a DC comic book fan and a MARVEL comic book fan arguing and killing eachother about which COMIC BOOK SUPER HERO is best....

It's ALL FUCKING FICTION YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!

But go kill eachother in the name of your make believe fairytale god...
SEE IF I CARE!
Batman is the best superhero, however, Marvel is 10 times better than DC.
πŸ‘πŸ»

Bottom line is US had one shot on target. 60% possession in the first half and one shot. Berhalter’s strategy is always to keep the ball and do fuck all with it. He’s an absolute dog shit manager. I think the result flatters the US a bit. If Wales would have come out hard from the start they would have scored a couple.
One shot on target… but let’s not forget Rodons header that was a miracle not to turn into an own goal.

And it’s not like it was an error from Rodon, decent chance the US forward would have scored it.

Back
Top Bottom