Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man, you are ruthless.

You guys disagree, but support the same team and should support Lamela no matter what.

Does he produce enough? Some love his style and some don't.

Can he stay healthy? Some have strong feelings about this and some wish him the best.

Can we all agree that he is good to have in the squad? I would say there is 20% of our fanbase that is still fussed that he is not Bale.

Either way, let's see what he can do this year in the midfield, in the attacking front, or at left back. Poch will find a way for him to contribute and barring any injury, he will be a great member of the squad.

BTW he would have had twice as many assists in that 2015 season if his teammates finished the chances. The first 3 minutes of the video posted a couple pages back is full of sublime passes.
no mate, you've missed the point. Lamela has the responsibility to not get injured, therefore his lack of output during such periods is entirely his fault, the unprofessional cunt.

shit thread. The man is amazing! He hates gooners

nintchdbpict000384113891.jpg

BTW he would have had twice as many assists in that 2015 season if his teammates finished the chances. The first 3 minutes of the video posted a couple pages back is full of sublime passes.

Do you think there is a conspiracy against Lamela amongst the players? That they somehow decide to miss chances set up by Lamela but not by Eriksen or Dele? Or is it actually possible chances are missed equally and also, in fact, other players would also have more assists if Lamela put away the chances made for him?

Can we all agree that Coco is a very talented player who has had injury problems in the past but is an amazing option to have come off the bench as evidenced against Fulham for Harry’s goal?

Do you think there is a conspiracy against Lamela amongst the players? That they somehow decide to miss chances set up by Lamela but not by Eriksen or Dele? Or is it actually possible chances are missed equally and also, in fact, other players would also have more assists if Lamela put away the chances made for him?

I don’t think there’s a conspiracy but Son’s refusal to square the ball in the Chavs game was strange and he quite rightly got bollocked by Eriksen

Can we all agree that Coco is a very talented player who has had injury problems in the past but is an amazing option to have come off the bench as evidenced against Fulham for Harry’s goal?

I Don't agree with that Baz , amazing is overselling it , He was great in his cameo against Fulham but he has some real shit games inbetween his good performances , he needs a big season with plenty of consistency I won't be eulogising him until he produces one.

I Don't agree with that Baz , amazing is overselling it , He was great in his cameo against Fulham but he has some real shit games inbetween his good performances , he needs a big season with plenty of consistency I won't be eulogising him until he produces one.

His engine & occasional ability to chip in with an assist & goal is a great asset to have coming off the bench. The amount of chasing down he does helps when teams try and build from the back against us. It'll force a lot of long balls & possession lost.

Not a starter for me but very useful when the time is right. I can see why the club gave him a new contract

Lol...I am not making that case. Just a real creative threat to have in the side and if he gets back to that form he might change some opinions.

I don’t think there’s a conspiracy but Son’s refusal to square the ball in the Chavs game was strange and he quite rightly got bollocked by Eriksen

Lamela hasn't displayed an ability to put the ball in the onion bag. I can remember quite a few occasions when the ball's been squared to him and he's scuffed it, so players probably are less likely to square it to him. 10 goals tells its own story. He's had plenty of chances to score more. He's absolutely not reliable in front of goal in the PL or CL.

His engine & occasional ability to chip in with an assist & goal is a great asset to have coming off the bench. The amount of chasing down he does helps when teams try and build from the back against us. It'll force a lot of long balls & possession lost.

Not a starter for me but very useful when the time is right. I can see why the club gave him a new contract

I can get more on board with that although I'm not entirely sure he did enough to earn a new contract and feel it may have been because it was the cheaper option than replacing him.

Lamela hasn't displayed an ability to put the ball in the onion bag. I can remember quite a few occasions when the ball's been squared to him and he's scuffed it, so players probably are less likely to square it to him. 10 goals tells its own story. He's had plenty of chances to score more. He's absolutely not reliable in front of goal in the PL or CL.

He's got a poor goal return throughout his career except one season at Roma when he scored 15 and a poor return for the national team.

I can get more on board with that although I'm not entirely sure he did enough to earn a new contract and feel it may have been because it was the cheaper option than replacing him.

I think it's a bit of both. Lamela knows the club, must be a good character as Poch wouldn't stand for a bad one & in today's market you'd be looking at a lot of money to replace him. Giving him a new contract when he's yet to reach his peak was a sound choice for all reasons attached to him. Made complete sense when players are going for £40m+

Has Lamela ever acheived these numbers for Spurs ? I doubt it , weird that you'd expect what he's never done and be so defensive of even the mildest critism of the player.

Lol.

How about constant, repetitive criticism more like...

Just days after pledging an objective game by game assesment of his season; 2 games. 2 good performances. Yet you're still chipping away at him in the interim.

Anyone would think the kid had no positive attributes.

He's not Bale. We get it.

(...And theres you calling me out for being boring a couple of days ago... Irony in spades!)

Fair enough but he warrants his place on the bench for me along with the awesome Sissoko

I think it's a bit of both. Lamela knows the club, must be a good character as Poch wouldn't stand for a bad one & in today's market you'd be looking at a lot of money to replace him. Giving him a new contract when he's yet to reach his peak was a sound choice for all reasons attached to him. Made complete sense when players are going for £40m+

Totally agree

I think Poch knows what he’s doing

Would hate to see him go

Lol.

How about constant, repetitive criticism more like...

Just days after pledging an objective game by game assesment of his season; 2 games. 2 good performances. Yet you're still chipping away at him in the interim.

Anyone would think the kid had no positive attributes.

He's not Bale. We get it.

(...And theres you calling me out for being boring a couple of days ago... Irony in spades!)

Bullshit comment , this is a Lamela thread I'm discussing Lamela , define critism and give evidence or wind ya neck in.

Back
Top Bottom