Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think players should get a pat on the back for getting called up for international duty, not for being back in training because they failed to even make the 35 man shortlist for the squad. If Lamela had made it to the WC I'd be the first to congratulate him.
Lol. “Failed” to make the Argentina Squad. That’s a crippling indictment of the lad not getting in ahead of the likes of Messi & Aguero.

And having “failed” to get into that squad, he’s back early at the club, getting himself fully ready for next season. It’s not even June yet.

I think it’s absolutely tremendous that he is doing that to make sure he is in the best possible shape to challenge for a first team place. Whether or not he does get into the first team is another irrelevance. He’s doing all he can to keep himself in Poch’s plans. That is the sort of attitude that should be applauded, not guffawed at.

Lol. “Failed” to make the Argentina Squad. That’s a crippling indictment of the lad not getting in ahead of the likes of Messi & Aguero.

And having “failed” to get into that squad, he’s back early at the club, getting himself fully ready for next season. It’s not even June yet.

I think it’s absolutely tremendous that he is doing that to make sure he is in the best possible shape to challenge for a first team place. Whether or not he does get into the first team is another irrelevance. He’s doing all he can to keep himself in Poch’s plans. That is the sort of attitude that should be applauded, not guffawed at.

Except there is no proof he is training and he's not competing for Messi or Aguero's place he's competing with the likes of Lanzini and players of that ilk and losing out , no shame in it because Lanzini is good but let's not pretend Lamela isn't getting in because the squad is so amazing he's not getting in because he's a level below what's required in a squad with serious aspirations.

Except there is no proof he is training and he's not competing for Messi or Aguero's place he's competing with the likes of Lanzini and players of that ilk and losing out , no shame in it because Lanzini is good but let's not pretend Lamela isn't getting in because the squad is so amazing he's not getting in because he's a level below what's required in a squad with serious aspirations.
I disagree with you. The Argentinian squad is crammed with attacking talent and Lamela has been out injured for a helluva long time. I can see why he wouldn’t figure in a World Cup squad that was spoilt for attacking players.
And why else do we think he’d be back at the training ground other than to train? Unless he’s moving into the Lodge for the summer just to chill out from the missus and his newborn baby (which would again win him much admiration from me)

Poch loves committed players and is big on loyalty and work ethic. That much we know. A big factor in how Sissoko earned Poch's trust and respect after being as deep into the freezer as he could possibly be was that when he could not make the pre-season tour due to a virus he arranged his own pre-season boot camp. He could just as well have sat on his couch for two weeks since he was technically home sick but he did his rounds in the gym and at the training ground.

Lamela is very much doing the same thing. He is obviously a player that wants to play for us and wants to be as integral for the team as possible. It is commendable.

I'm still hoping that we haven't seen the best of Erik, and with a bit of luck, this will be the season where he will show us what he is capable of, should he manage to stay injury free and get a decent run of games.

I'm still hoping that we haven't seen the best of Erik, and with a bit of luck, this will be the season where he will show us what he is capable of, should he manage to stay injury free and get a decent run of games.

I can guarantee we haven't seen his best yet. He truly loves his football and has the skill and dedication to continue to evolve and develop as his career presses on.

I disagree with you. The Argentinian squad is crammed with attacking talent and Lamela has been out injured for a helluva long time. I can see why he wouldn’t figure in a World Cup squad that was spoilt for attacking players.
And why else do we think he’d be back at the training ground other than to train? Unless he’s moving into the Lodge for the summer just to chill out from the missus and his newborn baby (which would again win him much admiration from me)

Who says he is back at the training ground ? This whole thing has been built on "apparently"

I turn 41 next week, so I guess I have to finally admit I failed to make the Spurs squad.

Never give up on your dreams Builder. I'm 55 and I can still foresee a scenario where I get pulled out of the crowd to stand in as a goalie for the last 5 minutes on the basis of my MoM displays for the school 40 years ago. It's not terribly likely though, I agree. I wonder whether it's about Lottery jackpot odds (14m to 1) or better or worse? Worse I guess i.e. "no really Rutters mate, it's never going to happen"

The nearest I've got was being 5 rows away from a bloke who ran off when they asked for a trained Lino a few months ago, though he did come back 10 minutes later with his tail between his legs while the injured ref sat on a stool to hold the time-added Boards up.....

How's it anti Lamela that he apparently went in early to training ? Where is anything to say if it's true ? get a grip you pretentious little cunt

Literally all your posts in this thread have been anti Lamela you uneducated gooner fuck. Now pipe down, before I make you.

You can quit pretending to be a spurs fan too.

What you gonna do give me a virtual knuckle sandwich and do me over ? Go have a lay down mate you're having an episode.

Erm no? Stick you on ignore? Not sure what YOU were thinking you oxygen thieving prick.
Now be quiet little boy, you've been ended.

Don't bother replying - you've never posted anything worth reading.

Go support Madrid you pretentious bitch.

"Morning everyone, sorry I'm a bit late for work, traffic was a nightmare...
Now what have I missed so far this morninohhhhhhhh....
Only the retarded mongos who know fuck all. Ignore the cunts.

Yes, you are. Now go support another club you fat fucking bastard. Fed up of your anti lamela bollocks.
Shut the fuck up.
:lamelaaghh:
How's it anti Lamela that he apparently went in early to training ? Where is anything to say if it's true ? get a grip you pretentious little cunt
:lamelaaghh:
Literally all your posts in this thread have been anti Lamela you uneducated gooner fuck. Now pipe down, before I make you.

You can quit pretending to be a spurs fan too.

What you gonna do give me a virtual knuckle sandwich and do me over ? Go have a lay down mate you're having an episode.
:lamelashock:

Back
Top Bottom