Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could the potential signing of Pulisic spell the end for Lamela ?

tenor.gif

Could there be a reason why most of the players haven't returned to training yet? I don't really follow the news, is there anything going on that might delay their return?
The players have to be back before they head off on the US tour. But they can start their personal pre-season training whenever they so wish

Could there be a reason why most of the players haven't returned to training yet? I don't really follow the news, is there anything going on that might delay their return?
Irrelevant.
How many players not going to world cup have returned from holiday already to report for training? That is the real question

Irrelevant.
How many players not going to world cup have returned from holiday already to report for training? That is the real question

There's also international friendlies, which Ben Davies was just involved in. Excluding injured players and players called up for internationals, I think it might only be him and Lucas who could possibly return to training.

There's also international friendlies, which Ben Davies was just involved in. Excluding injured players and players called up for internationals, I think it might only be him and Lucas who could possibly return to training.
Must you really insert your Lamela negativity into every conversation about him.

Can we not pat a committed Spurs player on the back for simply being that?

Whose pissing on anyone ? If you want To be dramatic go to drama school, I'm just pointing out that it's just a rumour that Lamela actually went to training.
Oh come on, you and NW1 have been pissing on him for months. Just because other people rate and like a Spurs player.

He's literally done nothing wrong at Spurs except be injured and you two have been on his case for ages.

Oh come on, you and NW1 have been pissing on him for months. Just because other people rate and like a Spurs player.

He's literally done nothing wrong at Spurs except be injured and you two have been on his case for ages.

On his case ? I've stated on many occasions I think he's a decent player I just happen to think we've moved beyond decent and should show some ambition and get someone better than Lamela in and either flog Lamela or push him further down the pecking order , I don't really get why that's such an unpopular thing to say.

It's a bit of a stretch to give a player a pat on the back for "apparently" going to training !

I think players should get a pat on the back for getting called up for international duty, not for being back in training because they failed to even make the 35 man shortlist for the squad. If Lamela had made it to the WC I'd be the first to congratulate him.

Apparently Lamela is already back from his vacation and has started his pre-season. First player back

I can honestly believe it, his work ethic is the best I've ever seen. I really don't get why some 'fans' criticize him to the degree they do. He is not as good as Bale who he was seen as replacing. What a fucking crime. And yes, he is one footed. And he doesn't score as many goals as we would like. Apart from that there is everything else to like about him, starting with his total dedication and effort. I love Lamela I think he's great. This is a player who is training already so that he can be a better player for us next season. Wish we had a few more like that.

Back
Top Bottom