Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahaha - he looks like he just shat himself
Apparently Cazorla was unwell. He felt dizzy. Funnily enough he didn't look that unwell or dizzy at the start of the game when he was trying to put it about and made some decent passes. et as it went on he was outmuscled and robbed, owned. Probably got a whack from somebody and couldn't recover, maybe Dembele.
If he was unwell, and feeling dizzy, why start him

Apparently Cazorla was unwell. He felt dizzy. Funnily enough he didn't look that unwell or dizzy at the start of the game when he was trying to put it about and made some decent passes. et as it went on he was outmuscled and robbed, owned. Probably got a whack from somebody and couldn't recover, maybe Dembele.
If he was unwell, and feeling dizzy, why start him
No shame for feeling a little dizzy after being dembeled

Son should have done more stopping Ozil crossing to Gibbs. Maybe Lamela will do better if he has stayed.
Lamela had another very good performance defensively. Turning into a James Milner type player, in a good way.
Not sure if mentioned yet but it was also Son who allowed too much time for their cross in our most recent game in Europe.
Something he needs to iron out.

Son started off very weak defensively for us then he had his outstanding game against Man City in the 4-1 win when he was outstanding defensively, his injury came and then he seems to have forgotten again. Once he gets back into the swing of things he'll be fine.

I think it's more the fullbacks in general who don't stop the crosses. We allow far too many crosses in the box and the majority of our goals we concede come from crosses. Gibbs, Ezekial, Ritchie, Ayew, El Shaarawy, Okaka, Diouf. That is 7 of the 16 goals we've conceded this season, nearly half. Not good enough.

How I feel right now, having defended Lamela for ages:
giphy.gif

I said this elsewhere but I might as well repeat it in here:

Lamela runs like an effeminate gazelle, he is an oddity in that his first touch and technique are superb at times, but his second touch can sometimes ping off him like a fucking spring loaded pin ball, and he wears the permanent expression of rabbit caught in headlights having just had an adrenalin enema . But if you can get past all that, which I think some can't, he invariably contributes quite a lot to games. He's the only forward player we have who creates clear quality chances/throughballs almost every time he plays, and he's the only one who works hard without the ball and actually tackles (albeit like he does everything else at times - erratically) consistently every time he plays.

His, albeit slightly erratic, ability and his willingness to carry out Pochettino's philosophy of pressing from the front and track back (and the way he takes it personally if he loses the ball and immediately tries to win the fucker back instead of just shrugging like some do) are making him a pretty vital component in our team.

I also think he is starting to show signs that the coaching team have worked on getting him to do the simple thing more often and he is becoming less erratic on the ball.

Erik Lamela: Tottenham can take Chelsea’s place in the top four
Erik Lamela: Tottenham can take Chelsea’s place in the top four

By Tom Colomosse

ErikLamela.jpg

Erik Lamela has urged Tottenham to take advantage of Chelsea’s poor start to the season and secure a Champions League spot for themselves.

Spurs were not one of the favourites to finish in the top four but after Sunday’s north London derby, optimism is growing, not least because of the champions’ awful form.

Lamela believes this is the most realistic opportunity Spurs have had of qualifying for Europe’s main club competition since he joined the club in August 2013.

The £30 million record signing told Standard Sport: “This is our best chance. The team has improved and also Chelsea are not so well placed in the league, and they were one of the teams expected to be fighting for the top positions.

“I’ve had a great desire to play in the Champions League, ever since I got here. This year we are closer than in other years. At certain times you can see we are a team who can get into the top four but we need to carry on working.

“We are getting better and that is important. This team is young and we have a lot of desire to improve. If you have ambition, you can achieve great things. But we have to keep winning, because Chelsea are a team who can get better in any moment.”

Lamela played an important role in Spurs’s 1-1 draw at Woolwich and, asked if Tottenham had as good a squad as their rivals, added: “Last year against the big teams we did well, just as we have done this year. Any team can beat any other in the Premier League and it depends on what happens in the moment.”

Does anyone else just love how vocal he is being? I've seen about 3 interviews with him the last three days. It's great to see a player stepping up on and off the pitch and really urging our team to push on.

Son started off very weak defensively for us then he had his outstanding game against Man City in the 4-1 win when he was outstanding defensively, his injury came and then he seems to have forgotten again. Once he gets back into the swing of things he'll be fine.

I think it's more the fullbacks in general who don't stop the crosses. We allow far too many crosses in the box and the majority of our goals we concede come from crosses. Gibbs, Ezekial, Ritchie, Ayew, El Shaarawy, Okaka, Diouf. That is 7 of the 16 goals we've conceded this season, nearly half. Not good enough.

Agree, but we are going to get hit with a lot of crosses. I don't want to be hyper critical but Jan and Toby were a little below par in dealing with them on Sun.

Crazy how in a matter of weeks, football can change. I was happy for him to be loaned out to Marseille, with no one in return, whereas fast forward 2 months he's a player who looks totally galvanised and although he may be displaying more of the unglamorous qualities we didn't sign him for (tackling, pressing, tracking) and in the final third he still can look quite raw, after watching his individual highlights he brought so much energy against them cunts on Sunday. Just think about the stick he got at home versus Stoke. On here it almost turned into a Lamela hate mob. He's had 3 different managers now and clearly is in the Tottenham form of his life, it's finally working for him and lets hope he continues this season

In addition to all of the other praises about Lamela, I quite enjoy the fact the he's a bit of a cunt on the pitch. He gets some silly yellows, but sometimes I like seeing him hack down at players with no remorse.

Back
Top Bottom