Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't think of a player in any sport I watch that went from a person that fans could care less about to beloved.

His never give up attitude and change before our eyes is almost inspiring

Convinced he'll come good next season. After last season's write off I was willing to give him this one as an adjustment season and it looks as if he's turning a corner lately.

7 assists (Hazard got one more) playing at nowhere near your best in your first full season in the Prem, considering you haven't started all the time is nothing to turn your nose up at.

2015/16 = Year of Lamela
giphy.gif

Son should have done more stopping Ozil crossing to Gibbs. Maybe Lamela will do better if he has stayed.
Lamela had another very good performance defensively. Turning into a James Milner type player, in a good way.

Made the most successful tackles in our team yesterday, 8.
From the off I ave always admired his attitude. Last year he was showing the same effort and making runs into goalscoring positions but rarely getting the pass.
He has come to terms with the physical aspect of the game here, embracing it. Worked hard to make himself robust and absorbed it into his game. This season he is not getting knocked off the ball so easily either.

I made some of those points before, about his age, his language problem, his family, home etc when he was getting stick.
You only have to look at his social media output to see he is not the 'out with the boys' type. More of a family orientated kid who has a few close friends. It must have been hard for him without them. People tend to forget that aspect of football.
Never doubted his attitude or his ability. He just needed some time. He still has some shortcomings, but his tenacity and total commitment make up for that. Still needs to sort out his right foot, otherwise he'd be a complete monster of a player.

Made the most successful tackles in our team yesterday, 8.
From the off I ave always admired his attitude. Last year he was showing the same effort and making runs into goalscoring positions but rarely getting the pass.
He has come to terms with the physical aspect of the game here, embracing it. Worked hard to make himself robust and absorbed it into his game. This season he is not getting knocked off the ball so easily either.

I made some of those points before, about his age, his language problem, his family, home etc when he was getting stick.
You only have to look at his social media output to see he is not the 'out with the boys' type. More of a family orientated kid who has a few close friends. It must have been hard for him without them. People tend to forget that aspect of football.
Never doubted his attitude or his ability. He just needed some time. He still has some shortcomings, but his tenacity and total commitment make up for that. Still needs to sort out his right foot, otherwise he'd be a complete monster of a player.
I think his movement off the ball is very underappreciated, he makes a lot of intelligent runs

Back
Top Bottom