Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela used to play at 78rpm, but in the last couple of games he's turned it down to 45. Still a bit squeaky and fast-forward, but much more in control. If he can kick back to 33rpm he could almost be world class.

He's clearly brilliant, that Monaco goal started with outrageous skill and ended as a reward for stamina, pace & desire.

:ledleylick:

Lamela used to play at 78rpm, but in the last couple of games he's turned it down to 45. Still a bit squeaky and fast-forward, but much more in control. If he can kick back to 33rpm he could almost be world class.

He's clearly brilliant, that Monaco goal started with outrageous skill and ended as a reward for stamina, pace & desire.

:ledleylick:
Maybe someone should just break his legs. He'd be better than Messi.

That performance from Lamela today was disgusting. I can get over players having bad games but when a player makes absolutely zero effort to track back and help the rb it's unacceptable. He let Montero go 1 on 1 against Walker every single time in the first half without bothering to help...not even attempting. Watch the first half again and watch Lamela, shambolic.

High press + narrow defensive shape =FBs will be left 1v1 when teams switch play especially from deep. Just one of those things. Nothing to do with Lamela's tracking back.

That performance from Lamela today was disgusting. I can get over players having bad games but when a player makes absolutely zero effort to track back and help the rb it's unacceptable. He let Montero go 1 on 1 against Walker every single time in the first half without bothering to help...not even attempting. Watch the first half again and watch Lamela, shambolic.

Lamela switched wings with Chadli from around 20 mins in

If Lamela was awful, wtf was Chadli and Kane? The lad set up Kane twice in the first half and won the first free kick Eriksen scored on.

He was mediocre, as were most bar Eriksen and Alli. Harsh sub IMO as he's been in fine form, even if he was not great yesterday. Should've been kept on.

I was surprised he was subbed off. There were plenty of worse players on the pitch although he wasn't spectacular.

This my main gripe with a lot of the criticism of lamela. I'm not defending his bad performances, but they seem to get highlighted much more than other members of the team when the whole teams performance has been crap

This my main gripe with a lot of the criticism of lamela. I'm not defending his bad performances, but they seem to get highlighted much more than other members of the team when the whole teams performance has been crap
my main gripe is his hair & inbred stare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom