Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not the same player as at Roma. He's had to adapt his game and learn new skills for this league which is what he's done. I personally think that deserves even more credit as a result.

He's thinking quicker, using his body better, working very hard. Hopefully with the added confidence, his old abilities will start to shine through as well and then he'll get even better.

Last year we were lauded for our goalscoring. We had Harrevelation Kane, and we were also the only team to have 3 players get double figures or something like that.

This year, and it is a big if, but, if Eriksen stays fit, he's good for at least 5 goals from free kicks alone, Kane is obviously going to do it, Son seems up for it, If Chadli gets enough game time he could be there or there abouts, and if Lamela stays consistent, he shouldn't struggle to get goals.... I mean we could have 5 players getting double figures.
Add to that Mason, Dier, Clinton Alli vertonghen Alderweireld and bentaleb should be good for a couple here and there... and the fact we've been solid as fuck at the back. We're actually looking pretty decent this season...

Last year we were lauded for our goalscoring. We had Harrevelation Kane, and we were also the only team to have 3 players get double figures or something like that.

This year, and it is a big if, but, if Eriksen stays fit, he's good for at least 5 goals from free kicks alone, Kane is obviously going to do it, Son seems up for it, If Chadli gets enough game time he could be there or there abouts, and if Lamela stays consistent, he shouldn't struggle to get goals.... I mean we could have 5 players getting double figures.
Add to that Mason, Dier, Clinton Alli vertonghen Alderweireld and bentaleb should be good for a couple here and there... and the fact we've been solid as fuck at the back. We're actually looking pretty decent this season...
And Rose, if/when he comes back

So Lamela has finally been given a chance with a string of games and is starting to show something promising.

I'm glad he is starting to show a level of consistency and wasn't shipped off in the summer. I think the decision to keep hold of the lad could prove to be one of the best decisions of our dull and dissapointing transfer window.

Not even a quarter of the way in to the season but fingers crossed his ability shines through and proves all the disbelievers wrong.

Everywhere you go, always take Lamela with you! COYS

Couldn't be more happy for Lamela. I genuinely thought he would play even worse or be sold (which almost happened) after Soldado left. I always got the impression Bobby was the one supporting Lamela and telling him to have patience in his new leauge and country. Maybe almost getting sold was a wake up call for him? Whatever happened, it seems like something must have changed outside the pitch, because he seems a hell of a lot more comfortable playing here now than he has before.

Didn't bang one in against stoke last season? Or was that the season before?

Just checked. Season before. :dembelewtf:
He hasn't scored more than 2 in a season for 5 years now.

Didn't you just post its bad to slag off Lamella and now you are making fun of a DM Not scoring enough last season?

Make your mind up.

Dembele is being played as an AM now. You called me all sorts of shit for suggesting that last year. That's why it's so funny to see you calling out everyone for being anti Lamela (even though there was overwhelming support and good wishes for him)....all the while talking shit about Davies and Dembele.

Dembele will prove you wrong once played in a more advanced role like he was earlier this season.

Just like Davies is proving you wrong and Dembele was one of the first players on Poch's team sheet making MS look like a pussy in the opener.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and Not make fun of Dembele scoring since he was played as a DM?

Last edited:
Ah but that's where Gibbs is at his happiest. It's hilarious watching him worming his way back in over the last couple of months and slowly drag people into slanging matches. It's what he does isn't it?

I was responding to someone calling out Spurs fans.

I actually have not responded to Joe Clash etc in months. If I talk shit, it's usually because I'm being called out or if someone is talking shit about players.

I am extremely happy for Lamela - he had a wonderful game saturday

For me he is still a total enigma - when he plays well and when he plays badly

What seems natural given the circumstances on the pitch he rarely does - whether that is passing or dribbling or running. His actions are often equally likely too fool his team-mates as the opponent.

If ever there was a "special one" - it must be him. I dare you guys to name a player which reminds you of E Lamela !

What a great interview. Although he obviously still struggles a little with the language, his emotion and sincerity shine through. I really hope that he can continue to perform as well as he did yesterday, and most importantly he shows some consistency if he continues to get playing time. This season is make or break for him, I really want him to succeed, as he is one of those players that has the capability to get you off your seat.

Last edited:
A very rare interview...
wow i got surprisingly very emotional after that interview. it just really shows what his time at the club has been like for him. and even thou he has struggled and been unlucky he still tries his best, cares about the team and finally things are starting to look up. The fans are starting to really get behind him and the whole squad and i very excited about the whole squad.

Back
Top Bottom