Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not making him the devil but less than a week ago I would of told you I’d rather shove wasps in my arse hole than have him in charge of my club. Now it all feels kinda right.
I'd still take one wasp up the asshole. Having celiac I think that might only be moderately worse than a bad day, but still within the same vicinity.

Why the fuck would we want mediocrity Sammy?
Just because some of us don't like him...
One of my biggest gripes is that he does not give a toss about academy footballers and throws them under a bus when he is so inclined.
If he changes this philosophy then I would be happier consider all the club have invested in academy.
Yearning for a manager that won nothing and played shit for a year because he’s a nice guy while turning your back on the club because we signed a manager that has won 20 trophies but is a tosser to the media, is the epitome of wanting mediocrity.

Some fans have vowed to stop supporting us. Some have slated the appointment.

You don’t have to like him, but anyone not backing him on his first day deserves all the crap trophy less football they’ve endured as a Spurs fan

Just listening to the Transfer Window podcast. Castles says Mou is on €8m net with us. And he will be be addressing our defensive transitions, which he feels is a weakness of ours.
Good news, Mourinho has eyeballs. Heck, I've been saying for a year that our defense appeared to lack any coaching whatsoever.

Possibly but they are also one of the smartest football clubs there is, in the last 5 years who have they bought that hasn't worked out? Danilo (who they did a great bit of business on with Juve), Mendy (only because of his injury), I thought Marhez was going to end up unused and he really struggled last year but even he is looking like he's turned a corner.

Poch would be brilliant there and could list another 5 who would succeed with their squad (all young and up and coming managers too not the tried and tested). They are set up perfectly to be at the very top for many seasons to come.
They bought well but they bought the players pep wanted and fitted the system he plays. They won’t get anyone at his level because there isn’t another like him. He is irreplaceable. And their track record before him is far from brilliant as far players go. They will have more pellegrinis and mancinis than guardiolas. You can be damn sure

I'm negative for the reasons I gave to Fives post, I really don't see many people disagreeing with what I wrote too unless they were on a space mission for the past 3yrs or 4yrs, everything I've listed is well-known fact.

It has nothing to do with Poch, I'm only talking about Mourinho and whether I see him as good to Tottenham.

It seems that I'm cutting him more slack than you. All I'm asking for is some glimmer of attractive and progressive football and no, I'm not expecting to see much of it, just signs of it. I absolutely need to see this before I'm on board.

Ok

Time will tell

So you’d be happy with us playing attractive football and winning nothing but unhappy with us playing unattractive football but winning things?

Of course I’d like both but would be happy with the latter

Will be interesting to see if Eriksen features today, allegedly Jose has already had talks with the Eriksen camp and it would appear nothing has changed ... if that's true we might well have seen the last of the great Dane, forgotten in November and gone in January. Interesting comment from Jose where he says "sometimes it can just take one player to break the togetherness" this was months ago but still the significance should not be missed. He obviously knows where he went wrong at Utd (putting up with Pogba) pretty sure that failure won't be happening again. Alternatively Jose might not want to go to war with any players so even if Eriksen is going he may still get to be involved ... different times, so will we see a different Jose?

I’m not making him the devil but less than a week ago I would of told you I’d rather shove wasps in my arse hole than have him in charge of my club. Now it all feels kinda right.

What are the wasps like in your area?

Vicious fuckers all Norwich fans in mine!

Some tasty bits...

"Jose tried to sign Lucas before he went to PSG"

Lots on Dele...

"Mourinho admitted that he had wound up Alli this week in a good natured way when he spoke to him on the training pitches.

"I have already spoken with him and I asked him if he was Dele or Dele’s brother," he revealed. "He told me he was Dele. ‘Okay,’ I said. ‘Play like Dele’.

"I think he is potentially a fantastic player. Now I have to create a tactical situation he is happy with, give him the right dynamics and prepare him physically well because he has had important injuries and he is not on the top of his form.

"I cannot expect him to play on Saturday – if he plays – and go there and be man of the match, but he needs to go through a process that will bring the real Dele back because the real Dele is the one who in the last few years has impressed us all."

Completely agree re the DOF, have said this numerous times, and I think this is one area Levy got horribly wrong when he acquiesced to Poch’s ambition to be an SAF and made him “manager” not just head coach.

I am a massive believer in the DOF system, always have been.

As far as the cyclical nature of Mourinho’s tenures, I am coming to the opinion that this is pretty much football. Intense methodology required for success seems to have a shelf life of 3-5 years. I’m sure there’s the odd exception, and ways to extend that with clever management of resources, but rare.

Poch had the opportunity to refresh his team with the young minds and legs of the academy - he spurned that opportunity and instead repeatedly tried to get tired old square pegs doing round hole things. Stupid.
I'm not debating Poch, my recent posts are all about Jose. Will he do anything different regarding youth?

Will be interesting to see if Eriksen features, allegedly Jose has already had talks with the Eriksen camp and it would appear nothing has changed ... if that's true we might well have seen the last of the great Dane forgotten in November and gone in January. Interesting comment from Jose where he says "sometimes it can just take one player to the togetherness" this was months ago but still the significance should not be missed. He obviously knows where he went wrong at Utd (Pogba) and that won't be happening again. Alternatively Jose might not want to again go to war with the players and even if Eriksen is going he may still get to be involved ... different times, so will we see a different Jose?

If CE still doesn’t want to get on board then I would like to see José drop him until we get rid and any other fucker that doesn’t want to play for us

Sick of this shit

I appreciate that he's a genuinely top level manager and I will, of course, come round to his appointment. I support the club.

But I don't think it's the oddest thing that some of us are struggling with it. I can't see him as Mr Madrid, Mr Inter or Mr Porto. I still see him as Mr fucking <removed> that oversaw their rise from bog standard irrelevance to Premier League Champions.

It's weird. Really weird.

I'm as fair weather as the best of them and once we're back on form I'll be praising the appointment.

But, for the time being, it's still weird.

Yeah basically. I think they will bounce from the 90-100 points with Pep to 80 odd ponts seasons. Pep is insanely financially backed but he shows results

Even doing absolutely everything right, with unlimited funds, it's hard to stay that good.

I agree that the City project is immaculately well run, but Pep or no, I expect them to have some seasons where they aren't unstoppable juggernauts.

They bought well but they bought the players pep wanted and fitted the system he plays. They won’t get anyone at his level because there isn’t another like him. He is irreplaceable. And their track record before him is far from brilliant as far players go. They will have more pellegrinis and mancinis than guardiolas. You can be damn sure
But only half(?) of this squad is his. I agree that the focus on recruitment was all to provide Guardiola with the type of players to suit him, this was the case even before he was appointed as they bought in all the ex-Barca set-up first. This being a massive advantage for when he turned up, almost like working back at Barca.

Nonetheless, this squad and the academy is stocked with a stable of amazing talent and there are some excellent managers around that can take full advantage.

The one thing I've always craved to see is Guardiola taking on a challenge, like managing Roma, Villa, Millan and prove what he can do without billions of pounds to spend or a ready-made world-class squad already at his disposal from day one. I don't' doubt his ability in the slightest but he's also one lucky son of a bitch.

We have all had our say, although far too much for me to read it all. Now we should all rule a line on the past. No more talk about not spending in 2018 , that is history, all players start again and past problems of poor play by individuals given a chance to put it right. Clean slate we start again and we should all get behind the Manager and team and only judge on what we see. No one will be more disappointed than me if we lose Saturday but there should be no Mourinho out threads, it will take longer to know if Mourinho will be successful.
Let's all stick together and hope that it works out.

Some tasty bits...

"Jose tried to sign Lucas before he went to PSG"

Lots on Dele...

"Mourinho admitted that he had wound up Alli this week in a good natured way when he spoke to him on the training pitches.

"I have already spoken with him and I asked him if he was Dele or Dele’s brother," he revealed. "He told me he was Dele. ‘Okay,’ I said. ‘Play like Dele’.

"I think he is potentially a fantastic player. Now I have to create a tactical situation he is happy with, give him the right dynamics and prepare him physically well because he has had important injuries and he is not on the top of his form.

"I cannot expect him to play on Saturday – if he plays – and go there and be man of the match, but he needs to go through a process that will bring the real Dele back because the real Dele is the one who in the last few years has impressed us all."

There is no better and bigger football club without a bigger and better football team.

That's a good way to put it, Jose.

Re: the ENIC project

Back
Top Bottom