Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No more talk about not spending in 2018

Only success will stop that. If other matters at the club were more important, more central to the long term vision of a bigger, stronger Tottenham Hotspur than kicking on and doubling down in that moment, then that is going to have to be proven out by where we go from here.

We sacrificed something enormous with that decision.

Some tasty bits...

"Jose tried to sign Lucas before he went to PSG"

Lots on Dele...

"Mourinho admitted that he had wound up Alli this week in a good natured way when he spoke to him on the training pitches.

"I have already spoken with him and I asked him if he was Dele or Dele’s brother," he revealed. "He told me he was Dele. ‘Okay,’ I said. ‘Play like Dele’.

"I think he is potentially a fantastic player. Now I have to create a tactical situation he is happy with, give him the right dynamics and prepare him physically well because he has had important injuries and he is not on the top of his form.

"I cannot expect him to play on Saturday – if he plays – and go there and be man of the match, but he needs to go through a process that will bring the real Dele back because the real Dele is the one who in the last few years has impressed us all."

Borodin55 Borodin55 - He's trollin' you, fam! :chicco:

Ok

Time will tell

So you’d be happy with us playing attractive football and winning nothing but unhappy with us playing unattractive football but winning things?

Of course I’d like both but would be happy with the latter
With the context of Mourinho as a manager, I need to see attractive, progressive football played. Without it we will not be competing for a League title or CL (the domestic stuff takes care of its self if you are playing that style of football, the history books bare this out).

Just pop into the AVB thread and let's see what people thought of his football if we need reminding of what it's like to pay £1,000 a year and sit in absolute silence whilst watching paint dry.

Only success will stop that. If other matters at the club were more important, more central to the long term vision of a bigger, stronger Tottenham Hotspur than kicking on and doubling down in that moment, then that is going to have to be proven out by where we go from here.

We sacrificed something enormous with that decision.
No, what matters is what we will spend in January and in the summer. 2018 is history in the same way that losing the CL final is now history and as Poch gone should no longer be affecting performance.

We have all had our say, although far too much for me to read it all. Now we should all rule a line on the past. No more talk about not spending in 2018 , that is history, all players start again and past problems of poor play by individuals given a chance to put it right. Clean slate we start again and we should all get behind the Manager and team and only judge on what we see. No one will be more disappointed than me if we lose Saturday but there should be no Mourinho out threads, it will take longer to know if Mourinho will be successful.
Let's all stick together and hope that it works out.

Wouldn't that be nice; but we still hear about Nelson & Zaha on a hyper-regular basis....

Don't hold your breath mate. :paulinhobored:

I can't stand him and that view doesn't change because he's a Tottenham manager, to say anything different would make me a fake.
Exactly. If you’ve despised the bloke for years it’s not really on to be expected to change that view overnight just because he’s been appointed our manager. I hope he does well and improves the football, but I’ll never warm to him.

Here's a good video for the Mourinho moaners

They make some great points and will give you a real insight into what the man is really like.

I get that some people want to paint him as some sort of toxic journeyman but the reality is, players want to play for him and like he said in the video, the guy might be harsh but when he does praise you he makes you feel 9ft tall.

For the first time in a long time I am excited about watching us play again, I have been watching match previews, not just of Jose but old matches, I feel like there was such a malayse around the club for a while and that whilst we weren't terrible, many of us felt like we had hit our peak under Poch after that CL final.

I think the players felt it as well, I love Poch, I still think he is a great man and I am forever grateful for what he has done for this club but I just think things came to a natural end, I don't think he as a manager was capable of more or capable of getting more out of this team.

It's time for us all to move on and believe that we are now at the start of something special, I certainly feel like I have my passion back, I can't wait for kick off tomorrow. COYS.

Exactly. If you’ve despised the bloke for years it’s not really on to be expected to change that view overnight just because he’s been appointed our manager. I hope he does well and improves the football, but I’ll never warm to him.

Apparently it's fickle for one to NOT do a 180 reversal of one's feelings overnight.

#Plastic :llorishuh:

With the context of Mourinho as a manager, I need to see attractive, progressive football played. Without it we will not be competing for a League title or CL (the domestic stuff takes care of its self if you are playing that style of football, the history books bare this out).

Just pop into the AVB thread and let's see what people thought of his football if we need reminding of what it's like to pay £1,000 a year and sit in absolute silence whilst watching paint dry.

I don’t think that you can compare José with AVB
José won things
Lots of them with every club he’s managed

You just can’t say that without playing attractive football you can’t compete in the CL or PL

Surprised at you

My dislike is genuine too, not a football rivalry thing where you grow to hate, look for things. I've felt this way when he was at Madrid, Utd and Inter.

I'm not debating Poch, my recent posts are all about Jose. Will he do anything different regarding youth?

Simple answer is no .... youth players breaking into top European sides are like hen's teeth .... just look at any top side and you will be lucky to find even one under 21 academy player in the side - Foden at City has just 31 minutes played - Liverpool have Trent Alexander - Chelsea have Mount and James but that was forced by a transfer ban - Woolwich have nobody decent - and we have potential in Skipp, Parrot, Tanganga and a few more yet nobody with any serious playing time.

The academy is a production line for talent, but 95% of that talent will be sold at a profit and never play for the first team, when you can buy a proven midfielder at 22 (Ndombele) you are not going to risk an unproven 21 year old academy player, you won't stay top four very long if you do.

It takes a truly exceptional player to come through the ranks and these days the chances are they will have done their groundwork out on loan first ... that's just the nature of the beast. All clubs hope they will find the next Kane, Scholes, Puyol from their own ranks but the odds remain very, very small.

I don’t think that you can compare José with AVB
José won things
Lots of them with every club he’s managed

You just can’t say that without playing attractive football you can’t compete in the CL or PL

Surprised at you
Not even talking about winning stuff (AVB had also won things) just what I had to watch. The two played the same football, as dose Karanka another of his proteges.

Back
Top Bottom